***The Official Ashes 2006/07 Thread***

Tooj

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least we put up a bit of fight after the no show in the first three days.

fletcher's got some big decisions to make.

jones is in the side to make runs. he failed on that score yet again.

giles doen't take enough wickets.

harmeson is in the worst form of his life.

our problem in the field seems to be bowling accuracy - only flintoff has got his line and length right so far.

we should have taken john lewis along imo. he can put it on the money - he would have lapped up these ozzie pitches. not sure if i fancy mamood or plunkett...

Lewis is a good line and length merchant but he lacks penetrance. Harmison CAN be a terrifying fast bowler when his radar's working, but that's not very often unfortunately.

Looks like the Giles & Jones double act failed as most people predicted. What's the point of a stubborn 20 odd from Giles if the top order fail? And if Jones can't get runs then Read (whose batting has improved) should take his place.

Jon Lewis ffs ;), might as well just give them 5 p.o.

you think the likes of mamhood, anderson and plunkett would fare better?

lewis is no pace merchant but i'd fancy him to tie up an end more than any of our other bowlers.

at least he puts it in the right areas. did you see the graphic sky uses to illustrate a bowler's accuracy for harmerson? jesus wept!

Slow run rate was frustrating as England didn't look too into scoring runs, but were still dropping wickets. However hopefully Bell and Collingwood can keep this up for the moment till at least tea.

Slow run rate was frustrating as England didn't look too into scoring runs, but were still dropping wickets. However hopefully Bell and Collingwood can keep this up for the moment till at least tea.

If they keep up this rate my 1-0 win prediction could of been a good bet.

If they keep up this rate my 1-0 win prediction could of been a good bet.

I know what you mean. While I'm happy England have only dropped 2 wickets in nearly 2 sessions play is good. But I remember last summer when England scored 400 on the first day at Edbaston at more than 5 an over. Which is a far cry from the snooze fest so far today. Still, shouldn't grumble too much! Things could have been a lot worse at 45/2!

Tea time. 86 runs. 0 wickets. I think I'd be right in saying that England didn't bat through a single full session last summer without dropping a wicket. Well done to Bell and Collingwood for knuckling down and getting to tea without losing a wicket, and both getting to 50.

This evening session is crucial if England have any chance of winning this test match.

That's the thing Alex. England have had such a positive day with the bat, but however positive it gets tomorrow it may not make a difference. England could bat out tomorrow and score 600, but if they don't take 20 wickets there's not much point.

That being said though Glenn McGrath was getting the ball to reverse a bit, which for me was a great sign for Flintoff and Anderson.

I love watching KP bat, so aggressive. Takes everyone and anyone on. Thats what it is about. But i wish he would get out soon. A good revival there from England. Warne getting plenty of turn and had Bell in a spin for ages.

Game is certainly on!