***The Official Ashes 2006/07 Thread***

Tooj

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope after this series finishes (ie. the end of this test!) that the selectors/managemtn have the decency to come out and admit thay they completely fucked up any chance we had of retaining the ashes.

The preperation for the biggest even in cricket was a joke and as many cricketing people have pointed out, our players are only now reaching their form as they needed seriously competitive matches to get to that level and didn't have them.

They picked Giles ahead of Monty even though he'd barely played for a year and Monty is easilly the better bowler.

They played Anderson when he'd hardly played any cricket and hasn't done much for a long time.

And laughably they dropped Read who'd done everything they asked of him to play Jones for his batting and he's scored fuck all this series.

If we'd prepared properly, went in with Read, Monty and another bowler for Anderson we may still have lost to the aussies, but at least the managemet and selctors could say they'd done their job and not thrown it all away before we started.

absolutely

We don't look like we can bat after KP. Yes, that includes Freddie - his batting has been pish so far, and hasn't been brilliant all year.

Flintoff would struggle to get a game if he couldn't bowl in my opinion. His bowling is superb, but his batting at times leaves a lot to be desired at times.

We now need one more wicket to regain the Ashes. England held the Ashes for 15 months, the shortest period that someone has ever held the Ashes for.

Gerraint Jones, hilarious run out. Goes forward then down for a sweep off Warne, hits him in the groin, appeal for LBW but he is still out his crease and Ponting throws the stumps down so he is run out instead. The lads didnt know who to appeal to or where to run, was quite amusing.

They keep showing a friend of mine on the TV. If you see a chick with an aussie bikini on thats a very good friend of mine :lol: