Newcastle United consortium reveal Kevin Keegan talks

Scottish Mag

The leader of the South African consortium interested in taking over Newcastle United has spoken to Kevin Keegan about returning to the club as manager.

Jonathan Cleland met Keegan in Manchester on Monday evening, when the pair discussed the possibility of the 57-year-old returning just a month after his resignation.

"My meeting with Kevin went very well," Cleland said. "I am hugely impressed with him and I got the sense there is a good chemistry between us and there is a strong mutual interest in working together.

"He is our preferred option, but we can't make any concrete decisions on the management position until negotiations on our planned takeover are further advanced

"I think he understands and supports our concept of developing the club organically."

Locally, it has been reported that Cleland will press home the consortium's interest in buying the club, although that has been denied by a source close to Seymour Pierce, the company that has been charged with handling the sale of the club.

The source said that, while a South African investment bank had made contact regarding Newcastle, no bid has been received and no negotiations have taken place with Cleland.

I cant wait until he has a falling out with them.

What happens then? New manager or new owners again? Either way, more upheaval.

Fuck off you bitter cockney wanker.

Go fucking help the rest of the shit in WHL hold up the Premier League

I cant wait until he has a falling out with them.

What happens then? New manager or new owners again? Either way, more upheaval.

:lol:

Question has to be asked in my opinion. I'm not saying its definitely going to happen but KK position will be all powerful if he returns. It will definitely be a case of one man being bigger than the football club.

Question has to be asked in my opinion. I'm not saying its definitely going to happen but KK position will be all powerful if he returns. It will definitely be a case of one man being bigger than the football club.

Of course had he have been given more power (in fact the same amount that you'd expect any manager to have) we'd likely be in a better position now so it's not so much a case of one man being bigger than the club as people knowing what was working before and putting it back in place.

Seriously baggio and danny b here let me introduce you to a place where you will both feel at home.

www.newcastle-online.com

Now fuck off because the rest of us would like to enjoy a serious conversation without either you involved...

Seriously baggio and danny b here let me introduce you to a place where you will both feel at home.

www.newcastle-online.com

Now fuck off because the rest of us would like to enjoy a serious conversation without either you involved...

What serious conversation?

www.newcastle-online.com

About how shite Spuds are or how much of a wanker Ashley is :)

www.newcastle-online.com

Or we could just talk about the beaver in avatar and how well stuffed it is!

Is Danny B the beaver? It's hard to tell when he's not wearing his Tottenham shirt.

As much of a cunt Danny B is, I doubt he will ever get as close to one so attractive, in or out of his spuds shirt!

Billionaire Johann Rupert, a member of the South African businessmen who have been linked with a takeover of Newcastle United has spoken out against the rumours that he is interested in the north-east club as "fake".Rupert, who owns Swiss-owned luxury goods company Richemont, has rubbished reports he has eyes on succeeding Mike Ashley as owner at St James' Park.

Fellow South African Jonathan Cleland claims to have already spoken to former manager Kevin Keegan about a return to the club if a consortium he is heading is successful. But Rupert has denied he is one of the men involved in the bid saying: "I have never met Mr Cleland, never spoken to him on the phone and my secretary does not have a record of him calling.

"I haven't spoken to any of the other parties either. I don't know Mr Cleland, I have a preference for cricket and rugby. I don't know anything about football and I'm not a football man.

"I think it is a bit naughty. They use your name, you deny it - it is a total joke.

"If you Google me you find out I was supposed to be involved in Blackburn, which is untrue, and I'm now linked to Newcastle.

"I feel sorry for the fans because of the things that are going on there.

"I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was a fake."

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/7775/...ed_is_fake.aspx

"My meeting with Kevin went very well," Cleland said. "I am hugely impressed with him and I got the sense there is a good chemistry between us and there is a strong mutual interest in working together.

"He is our preferred option, but we can't make any concrete decisions on the management position until negotiations on our planned takeover are further advanced

"I think he understands and supports our concept of developing the club organically."

So even direct "quotes" mean bugger all now. When is this crap going to end???

Billionaire Johann Rupert, a member of the South African businessmen who have been linked with a takeover of Newcastle United has spoken out against the rumours that he is interested in the north-east club as "fake".Rupert, who owns Swiss-owned luxury goods company Richemont, has rubbished reports he has eyes on succeeding Mike Ashley as owner at St James' Park.

Fellow South African Jonathan Cleland claims to have already spoken to former manager Kevin Keegan about a return to the club if a consortium he is heading is successful. But Rupert has denied he is one of the men involved in the bid saying: "I have never met Mr Cleland, never spoken to him on the phone and my secretary does not have a record of him calling.

"I haven't spoken to any of the other parties either. I don't know Mr Cleland, I have a preference for cricket and rugby. I don't know anything about football and I'm not a football man.

"I think it is a bit naughty. They use your name, you deny it - it is a total joke.

"If you Google me you find out I was supposed to be involved in Blackburn, which is untrue, and I'm now linked to Newcastle.

"I feel sorry for the fans because of the things that are going on there.

"I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was a fake."

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/7775/...ed_is_fake.aspx

I have a feeling the whole thing could be more bullshit.

So even direct "quotes" mean bugger all now. When is this crap going to end???

They're two different South Africans, they're not 'all the same' y'know. :lol: