New Takeover Rumours...

Ted Maul

Just how many local multi-millionaires are they? (bearing in mind they are looking at £80m+).

I'd say Graham Wylie and possibly his mate who owned Sage are the only two people with the money and who care enough to invest.

small odds. And if it isn't ?

And who told you they might be interested ? Who told you they care ? Or are you just wildly speculating ?

While all the questions? Your arse beginning to twitch, Leazes lad?

I bet the prospect of a Shepherdless Newcastle must be giving you sleepless nights :icon_lol:

Unlike you sonny I am realistic enough and not stupid enough to believe that anyone else at all will be better, despite their failings. It is also obvious to anyone with a brain that pointing this out doesn't necessarily mean you think the current board are without fault and there may be better people out there somewhere.

The questions are simply because, like some others, mostly bairns I presume, you are just making things up to make your point seem credible. If you say the Sage people are interested, name your source ?

Its quite incredible the people on here who slag off posters on NO for being bairns sometimes, because while some posters are young, the same as here, there are a few other posters who are far more clued up and realistic about the club than anyone on here.

There you gan, making stuff up again and reading only what you want to.

I never once claimed it was nailed on that Wylie was the backer. I said my money would be on him if it was true. I have no source, it was just a shot in the dark due to the description of these so called backers and similar rumours from the past.

And unlike you Grandad, i'm bright enough to see how a chairman who helps drag a club from the depths of the lower divisions to top flight football is better than someone who is slowly but surely bringing a big one down.

such silly insults from one so intelligent and mature.

The gist of my reply remains. You mentioned the Sage people, people like you assume someone out there is better. Others are bright enough to realise life isn't like that, ask your own dad or grandad <_< They might also explain how taking over a bigger fish is far more demanding than a small one, again thats life.

Are you supporting a completely different Newcastle United to the one the rest of us are? Have you not had to put up with the dross from Fred that we have over the past 10 years? The constant embarrasing comments, the interfering, the piss poor decisions?

When you use 'people like you', does it mean 95% of the NUFC supporting public because I don't think my views differ that much from the majority of supporters.

You've almost become a parody of yourself Leazes, you're fucking hilarious :o I really wish you knew where you got your rose tinted specs from because I need a pair.

The Newcastle United I have watched over the past decade has bought major international footballers, played regular european football, and played in 2 FA Cup Finals.

Not the best, but only 4 clubs have done better, and if you think this is shit, then I feel sorry for you, because if this board is replaced by an inferior one you have a big shock in store.

I would estimate 95% of the clubs current supporters do not know anything other than this, hence their complete lack of a reality check. In fact a good 20,000 of them undoubtedly only came back to support the club due to the efforts at improving the club made by the very board they now slate.

Shame but I think people like you are hilarious. I see you still don't name who your dream chairman and board is who are waiting in the backround guaranteeing to run the club with it at heart and deliver the trophies you think is your right.

Priceless.

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Newcastle United I have watched over the past decade has bought major international footballers, played regular european football, and played in 2 FA Cup Finals.

Fuck off you mong, you are exactly the sort of idiot who Freddy thinks he is fooling when he shows off his trophy signing of the summer. For all the major international footballers, European football and finals where has it got us? We're 16th in the league and haven't won fuck all domestically in over 50 years, if you're satisfied with that then you clearly aren't as intelligent as you like to think you are. Get your fucking head out of the past and have a look at where we are and where we could have been. Your hero has done fuck all for this club, he has taken his money and the club has gone backwards, those are the simple facts.

Just how many local multi-millionaires are they? (bearing in mind they are looking at £80m+).

I'd say Graham Wylie and possibly his mate who owned Sage are the only two people with the money and who care enough to invest.

And who told you they might be interested ? Who told you they care ? Or are you just wildly speculating ?

I bet the prospect of a Shepherdless Newcastle must be giving you sleepless nights :icon_lol:

Unlike you sonny I am realistic enough and not stupid enough to believe that anyone else at all will be better, despite their failings. It is also obvious to anyone with a brain that pointing this out doesn't necessarily mean you think the current board are without fault and there may be better people out there somewhere.

The questions are simply because, like some others, mostly bairns I presume, you are just making things up to make your point seem credible. If you say the Sage people are interested, name your source ?

Its quite incredible the people on here who slag off posters on NO for being bairns sometimes, because while some posters are young, the same as here, there are a few other posters who are far more clued up and realistic about the club than anyone on here.

I never once claimed it was nailed on that Wylie was the backer. I said my money would be on him if it was true. I have no source, it was just a shot in the dark due to the description of these so called backers and similar rumours from the past.

And unlike you Grandad, i'm bright enough to see how a chairman who helps drag a club from the depths of the lower divisions to top flight football is better than someone who is slowly but surely bringing a big one down.

The gist of my reply remains. You mentioned the Sage people, people like you assume someone out there is better. Others are bright enough to realise life isn't like that, ask your own dad or grandad <_< They might also explain how taking over a bigger fish is far more demanding than a small one, again thats life.

Are you supporting a completely different Newcastle United to the one the rest of us are? Have you not had to put up with the dross from Fred that we have over the past 10 years? The constant embarrasing comments, the interfering, the piss poor decisions?

When you use 'people like you', does it mean 95% of the NUFC supporting public because I don't think my views differ that much from the majority of supporters.

You've almost become a parody of yourself Leazes, you're fucking hilarious :o I really wish you knew where you got your rose tinted specs from because I need a pair.

Not the best, but only 4 clubs have done better, and if you think this is shit, then I feel sorry for you, because if this board is replaced by an inferior one you have a big shock in store.

I would estimate 95% of the clubs current supporters do not know anything other than this, hence their complete lack of a reality check.

Shame but I think people like you are hilarious. I see you still don't name who your dream chairman and board is who are waiting in the backround guaranteeing to run the club with it at heart and deliver the trophies you think is your right.

Priceless.

World class players, Europe year in, year out, two FA Cup finals all count for fuck all if we've not got at tinpot trophy to show for it. It's not exactly what I would call 'success'. I don't think we have a right to win something but after the obscene amounts we've thrown around I think we should be a little closer than we currently are.

I really couldn't give a toss about being the fourth best club over the past 10 years because it's exactly that, the past. From where i'm standing now there's a fairly big chance we could be one of the clubs at the bottom battling it out year after year for Premiership survival.

The football landscape has changed dramatically over the last few years so you harking back to the days of McKeag to back up your argument wont wash. We are in the here and now and to be honest, Freddy is doing a poor job. We know for a fact there is atleast one consortium out there willing to take the club off his hands and I for one think masive change is needed to stop the rot.

As for your last paragraph, I don't know what you're talking about. You've went completely off on a tangent and invented a new quote from me. I never once said anything about a dream chairman or board. I did put forward a name as to who I thought may be behind the bid.

Brian Johnson.

Actually, has anyone read the story about how Jackie Milburn persuaded Brian johnson to invest in the club when McKeag et al were there? He turned up for a meeting and the board basically told him he could invest as much as he wanted but he would have no say whatsoever in the running of the club, so he told them to fuck off.

I'm more amused by this story for the fact that Brian Johnson and Jackie Milburn were big mates.

Brian Johnson.

Actually, has anyone read the story about how Jackie Milburn persuaded Brian johnson to invest in the club when McKeag et al were there? He turned up for a meeting and the board basically told him he could invest as much as he wanted but he would have no say whatsoever in the running of the club, so he told them to fuck off.

I'm more amused by this story for the fact that Brian Johnson and Jackie Milburn were big mates.

Didn't really have Wor Jackie down as a big hard rock fan, meself.

Guest Patrokles

Have to admit that I think Shepherd's tunnel vision and lack of empathy with what the club really needs/the fans really want is causing severe long-term damage. We got away with it under Robson simply because we were fortunate to get hold of the only half-decent Geordie manager around. Once he left, the reluctance to look overseas or possibly a very talented up-and-comer from the leagues really handicapped the club.

I would estimate 95% of the clubs current supporters do not know anything other than this, hence their complete lack of a reality check. In fact a good 20,000 of them undoubtedly only came back to support the club due to the efforts at improving the club made by the very board they now slate.

Priceless.

You are right, we have no guarantees that we will gain anything under a new consortium taking over the club however Im willing to take the chance. Can you honestly say that you think we will win something the way we're going under Fred?

Every time we have sacked a manager we have gambled on the next one being better unfortunately, that has nearly always been the opposite. Ruud was worse than Dalglish, Souness worse than Robson and frankly so far its looking possible that Roeder will be even more of an embarassment than Souness. :o

If I was a betting man (ok so I am) then Id be more willing to stake my money on an unknown consortium of fans and business getting us silverware than what we currently have.

EDIT: I bet there were a few discussions of this sort on numerous Chelsea forums back when Roman was rumoured to be interested but i bet the words "oh how I hark for Batesy back" arent ever heard on the Kings road these days.

I think the Board need somone to take over the Football decisions. The current Board has always provided funds and i like the fact that Shepherd can be made to feel fan pressure and this can be a catalyst for change. If some foreign consortium owned the club we may not be in a position to have that influence.

My worry is that the current Board will not be willing to designate that kind of responsibilty to somone who's appoinment is not based on nepotism.

I'm happy to see the current Board maintain their position but i want to see a Director of Football/Chief Executive, etc. Somone with extensive knowledge and reputation. If this is not forth coming then i will wish for a change of Board. I'm afraid i don't trust the cureent incumbents to make informed and accurate managerial/coaching appointments.

Fuck off you mong, you are exactly the sort of idiot who Freddy thinks he is fooling when he shows off his trophy signing of the summer. For all the major international footballers, European football and finals where has it got us? We're 16th in the league and haven't won fuck all domestically in over 50 years, if you're satisfied with that then you clearly aren't as intelligent as you like to think you are. Get your fucking head out of the past and have a look at where we are and where we could have been. Your hero has done fuck all for this club, he has taken his money and the club has gone backwards, those are the simple facts.

fuck off yourself you stupid cunt. If you think our past decade is shit, you are a clueless prick who will have a big shock if this club is taken over by a Bob Murray type of chairman and if you think its impossible then it shows you to be a complete fuckwit of the highest order.

Read my posts, if you can fucking read. I have never said the board are the best board only that it replacing with better will be difficult and if you don't understand that then you must be a blind bastard as well as a clueless cunt. Lastly, if you are fuckwitted enough not to want "trophy" signings fuck off to the mackems where they don;t sign "trophy" players and look where they are for it, which is where we ourselves used to be such is the progress this board has made, but little bairns and wankers who weren;t around are so stupid they won't even be told by people who were there.

"trophy players"...get a mind of your own instead of using these cliches, who the fuck do you want, Michael Owen or John Stead ? For most of the 50 years you mention I've supported the club we've bought players like Stead and we've sold our "trophy players". You don't know what you are talking about. What a wanker.

Edited by LeazesMag

If you think our past decade is shit, you are a clueless prick who will have a big shock if this club is taken over by a Bob Murray type of chairman and if you think its impossible then it shows you to be a complete fuckwit of the highest order.

Did I say the past decade was shit? I said that at the end of the day we haven't won anything and that is what a club of our size and with the money we've spent should be judged on, there is no other club in England who have wasted as much money as we have in the past ten years with nothing to show for it.

And whats with the Bob Murray comparison? What about your old mate Doung Ellis? You've become a joke with all the tripe you spout.

Lastly, if you are fuckwitted enough not to want "trophy" signings fuck off to the mackems where they don;t sign "trophy" players and look where they are for it, which is where we ourselves used to be such is the progress this board has made, but little bairns and wankers who weren;t around are so stupid they won't even be told by people who were there.

"trophy players"...get a mind of your own instead of using these cliches, who the fuck do you want, Michael Owen or John Stead ? For most of the 50 years you mention I've supported the club we've bought players like Stead and we've sold our "trophy players". You don't know what you are talking about. What a wanker.

Do you understand the idea of trophy players? They are bought to appease the fans and cover up the lack of on the pitch success and try and fool the rest of the country into thinking we're still a force to be reckoned with. As I said before you seem to be exactly the type of fool was buys into this Jedi mind trick by Freddy, just because he tells us we're a big club who can compete doesn't actually make it so. It is our policy of blowing our wad on a small number of over-valued, over-paid players which has left us in our current position of a tiny squad with a skeleton thin back four. But if you're still happy that we've signed a few major international players then you clearly don't give a fuck about squad building. Take the £35m that Shepherd allowed Souness to spend on three players who haven't contributed anything to our team and tell me that the chairman would not have been better trying to push for a transfer policy of lower price players who would strengthen a thread bare squad? Your short-sightedness is astounding.

Now that is my last word on the matter and I refuse to try and debate the point any further with someone as stubborn and narrow-minded as yourself.

If you think our past decade is shit, you are a clueless prick who will have a big shock if this club is taken over by a Bob Murray type of chairman and if you think its impossible then it shows you to be a complete fuckwit of the highest order.

Did I say the past decade was shit? I said that at the end of the day we haven't won anything and that is what a club of our size and with the money we've spent should be judged on, there is no other club in England who have wasted as much money as we have in the past ten years with nothing to show for it.

And whats with the Bob Murray comparison? What about your old mate Doung Ellis? You've become a joke with all the tripe you spout.

Lastly, if you are fuckwitted enough not to want "trophy" signings fuck off to the mackems where they don;t sign "trophy" players and look where they are for it, which is where we ourselves used to be such is the progress this board has made, but little bairns and wankers who weren;t around are so stupid they won't even be told by people who were there.

Do you understand the idea of trophy players? They are bought to appease the fans and cover up the lack of on the pitch success and try and fool the rest of the country into thinking we're still a force to be reckoned with. As I said before you seem to be exactly the type of fool was buys into this Jedi mind trick by Freddy, just because he tells us we're a big club who can compete doesn't actually make it so. It is our policy of blowing our wad on a small number of over-valued, over-paid players which has left us in our current position of a tiny squad with a skeleton thin back four. But if you're still happy that we've signed a few major international players then you clearly don't give a fuck about squad building. Take the £35m that Shepherd allowed Souness to spend on three players who haven't contributed anything to our team and tell me that the chairman would not have been better trying to push for a transfer policy of lower price players who would strengthen a thread bare squad? Your short-sightedness is astounding.

Now that is my last word on the matter and I refuse to try and debate the point any further with someone as stubborn and narrow-minded as yourself.

I know what a "trophy" player is. Kevin Keegan was the ultimate trophy player, as you said, a player bought for an underachieving club to simply appease supporters.

I do not consider a player like Michael Owen, when bought by a club competeting regularly in europe and as a replacement for the best centre forward of his generation to be a trophy player. So - if this is your defnition of a "trophy player" then it is sadly incorrect and as I said, nothing other than a cliche spouted by people who know nothing other than a Newcastle United competing in europe and have absolutely zero idea what a shit and big club run in a shit manner really means, even though there is one 12 miles down the road staring at you as well as people like me who try to tell you.

"Trophy players" are also players who make the difference in big games and win you trophies too, so don't talk to me about ambition and wanting the best for the club. People like you whinge on when we buy "trophy players" and then whinge on when we don't ie the signings this summer due to money being tight. While you are at it, please tell me exactly how many "trophy" players there are at Newcastle, as you seem to be saying its all we buy ? Or are you so cliche ridden you haven't even stopped to consider the pile of rubbish that you are spouting and merely thinking it is right because others say it ?

My earlier comments stand. If you think replacing the current board with a worse one is impossible, then you are a fool.

And you still don't get it do you ? A chairman is supposed to back his manager. More double standards among stupid people is when they slag off the board for backing their managers judgement, then slag them off when they feel like accusing them for interfering in their managers judgement, as you no doubt would have done.

I'm waiting for the list of "trophy" players that you claim we have bought.

Why will it be so difficult to find a chairman who is better than the fat man?

What exactly are the achivements of the man?

When he took over after Hall we had a team capable of challenging for the league (the only time in my 30 years that we have ever been able to say that) and were well on the way to producing one of the best stadiums in the league.

Since he took over he has made one disasterous mangerial appointment after which has lead to our current position of the biggest joke in the premiership if not the whole of English football.

He has managed to oversee the completion of the stadium but he is hardly the man responsible for it.

As far as I can see his only acomplishment is the new training facilities which were long overdue and should have been in place sooner.

I fail to see why it should be so hard to find a chairman who can do better than him (for considerably less money too) with the resources we have available.

No doubt you will be able to name countless chairmen who over the same period as Shepherd has been in charge have led teams to lower league position and or relegation but how many of them have had his resources or pay?

• 4 years later...

I bet the prospect of a Shepherdless Newcastle must be giving you sleepless nights <_<

You've almost become a parody of yourself Leazes, you're fucking hilarious :lol: I really wish you knew where you got your rose tinted specs from because I need a pair.

Priceless.

SKOL <_<

Once a dimwit skunkers poster, always a dimwit skunkers poster

Sorry everyone.

Leazes, stop posting threads from before anyone had heard of Ashley to prove you were right about him. As clever as you are, you can't warp the space time continuum.

nah HF, what I posted was the reasons why I thought the old board would be difficult to replace with better, at the time, largely ignored and disagreed with by almost everybody, but proved now to be absolutely correct, and the basis of my early [correct] assessment of Ashley.

Anyway, its OK for YOU to harp on about old posts though :lol:

It is based on actions and comments that I had witnessed for decades prior to 1992, you can't beat experience mate <_<

Edited by LeazesMag

Behind Keegan you say? AMAZING FORESIGHT AND WISDOM. Well I kneel down before the greatest man on the internet, possibly the greatest, rightest man whoever lived; Leazesmag.

of course. Its just a reply to a comment saying I was behind Ashley, when I've explained it was not the case, and I was only hoping that he would have backed Keegan - against my better judgement, but hoped all the same.

It was not the case? You were never behind Ashley? The new owner of the club that had not made a single decision...you were against him?

You can berate others for (you imagine) saying "anyone but Shepherd", but I'd say "nobody but Shepherd" would be equally stupid.

What was it that informed your decision to refuse to back the new man?

Selling Dyer and Parker the summer he arrived?