The deadly man flu thread

JJ

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the same with both men and women, 9 times out of 10 when people say (or even think) they have the flu its actually a bad cold!

I think i read somewhere that the test is if you are in bed and out the window you see a £50/£100 note and you won't get up to get it, then you have flu!

Its the same with both men and women, 9 times out of 10 when people say (or even think) they have the flu its actually a bad cold!

I think i read somewhere that the test is if you are in bed and out the window you see a £50/£100 note and you won't get up to get it, then you have flu!

I don't get out of bed for less than a grand, dah-ling!

I had Man Flu last week, still went into Uni though. I'm a battler.

I've thought I had flu a load of times til I actually got it, then I knew about it. So bad I couldnt even be arsed to come on here. 3 days spent moving between bed and the settee followed by another 11 days of pure lethargy.

I've thought I had flu a load of times til I actually got it, then I knew about it.

Aye it's fucking horrible like. I was the same.

I've only had flu once. When I was about 16 I think it was. I was dying.

Today? Totally fucked. I know it's not flu but it's DEADLY MAN FLU which we all know is decidedly worse. And my team have a cup tie at 2. I'm just leaving now. Should be a fun day at the office.

Brr.

Guest Patrokles

I've thought I had flu a load of times til I actually got it, then I knew about it. So bad I couldnt even be arsed to come on here. 3 days spent moving between bed and the settee followed by another 11 days of pure lethargy.

I think I've had flu for 23 years!

I've only had proper flu once and it was pretty awful. Still waiting for this year's 48-hour illness. My way of combating it is to load up on Lemsip until i cant feel my hands any more. If I still can, the kettle goes back on. Even if I stay ill, at least I won't feel it.

I suffer from something much worse than any of that...

on any one day i can be bedbound for the entire day...

not being able to even move...

terminal student/sleepy/lazy/hangover (different thing on different days)

from dailyrecord.co.uk

MAN FLU IS NOT TO BE SNIFFED AT

WOMEN may think it's an urban myth used by blokes to sneak a day off work but "man flu" really does exist, at least according to a survey.

The winter virus is no laughing matter as it's set to cause 30million lost working days this year.

Now men's magazine Nuts - not usually noted for their in-depth medical research - claim they have evidence that males really do suffer more.

They point out that 64 per cent of men have been off work with flu compared with 45 per cent of women.

In the Nuts survey of 2000 adults of both sexes, they found men take an average of three days to recover, compared with 1.5 days for the average woman.

They say men spend £18.34 each on flu remedies, while women spend just £12.03.

And, while most women prefer to fight the bug by staying active, 82 per cent of blokes insist staying in bed is the best remedy.

Of course, some women will believe this is just a sign that men are prone to be hypochondriacs.

But Nuts health correspondent Pete Cashmore said: "We always knew man flu was a very real, potentially catastrophic sickness."

:lol:

This 'man flu' is fucking sexist if you ask me. When I was running the helpdesk it was always the women ringing in sick saying that they were at death's door and that they couldn't face it - the blokes tend to just get on with it... :lol:

• 3 months later...

I have now died.

Man Flu hammered the final nail in my low budget student coffin aroun 00:02 am

You're being a bit of a sickly child lately, aren't you? I think you need more sleep instead of hanging round message boards until daft o'clock :mellow:

I have now died.

Man Flu hammered the final nail in my low budget student coffin aroun 00:02 am

You're being a bit of a sickly child lately, aren't you? I think you need more sleep instead of hanging round message boards until daft o'clock ;)

I never sleep anyway :blink:

im not a good sleeper :mellow:

You know, if you eat healthy, drink plenty of water, avoid alcohol and take your vitamins ALL THE TIME you won't have to worry about man flu. The last time I had it would have to be four or five years ago. But I guess people don't want to hear that kind of thing huh?

• 11 months later...
You know, if you eat healthy, drink plenty of water, avoid alcohol and take your vitamins ALL THE TIME you won't have to worry about man flu. The last time I had it would have to be four or five years ago. But I guess people don't want to hear that kind of thing huh?

I don't do the last two and I'm never ill either. Stick it up your arse.

I asked my goalie coach why he was icing as a d-man last night.

"I've actually had the flu for a week, so I'm going to be a player tonight."

Did this make sense to anyone else?

Yes - he went through a phase of being a netminder. Gone quiet on the old ice hockey has Brock, but I think Bracknell play in a shit league now so he probably can't be arsed..

Edited by sweetleftpeg

I asked my goalie coach why he was icing as a d-man last night.

"I've actually had the flu for a week, so I'm going to be a player tonight."

Did this make sense to anyone else?

Yes - he went through a phase of being a netminder. Gone quiet on the old ice hockey has Brock, but I think Bracknell play in a shit league now so he probably can't be arsed..

And "icing as a D-man" is common parlance in the ice skating fraternity?