Interesting snip at the end of the match report

LeazesMag

of particular interest to those who think the major shareholders aren't party to major decisions...in particular accountants and others with eerrr... qualifications :lol: ....maybe he's suffering from a minor illness called a brain tumour ;)

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Repor...1946473,00.html

see the end of the match report

Robson backs Shepherd

Sir Bobby Robson yesterday threw his support behind the Newcastle United chairman Freddy Shepherd. Robson described the Hall family, Newcastle's other major shareholders, as "absentee landlords" who "leave the club in limbo".

In his column in the Mail on Sunday Robson wrote that despite being sacked by Shepherd in 2004, he would commend any attempt by Shepherd to buy out the Halls' 41% of the club. Robson's opinion is intriguing as elsewhere in the same newspaper it is reported that Shepherd intends to attempt a buy-out. Robson and Shepherd were due to speak last week.

"He [shepherd] owns less than a third of the club and can't always be blamed for the bad decisions they have made over the past two years," Robson said.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of particular interest to those who think the major shareholders aren't party to major decisions...in particular accountants and others with eerrr... qualifications :lol: ....maybe he's suffering from a minor illness called a brain tumour ;)

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Repor...1946473,00.html

see the end of the match report

Robson backs Shepherd

Sir Bobby Robson yesterday threw his support behind the Newcastle United chairman Freddy Shepherd. Robson described the Hall family, Newcastle's other major shareholders, as "absentee landlords" who "leave the club in limbo".

In his column in the Mail on Sunday Robson wrote that despite being sacked by Shepherd in 2004, he would commend any attempt by Shepherd to buy out the Halls' 41% of the club. Robson's opinion is intriguing as elsewhere in the same newspaper it is reported that Shepherd intends to attempt a buy-out. Robson and Shepherd were due to speak last week.

"He [shepherd] owns less than a third of the club and can't always be blamed for the bad decisions they have made over the past two years," Robson said.

Is this in one of the selective 'he's not senile' moments?

Chairman of the club appoints managers. As we know, the chairman of club has also sold players without manager knowing (assuming you believe the same source that you use here).

Shepherd has done some decent stuff but you would have to be round the bend to back him given his recent record. Or content with mediocrity at best.

It's from a fancy Dan paper with scumbag London journalists so I'm surprised Leazes has even read it let alone quoted from it. :lol:

As it happens Robson is much more scathing of Douglas Hall than Shepherd in his autobiography and for good reason imo. Whilst I regard Shepherd as an incompetent fool I do accept he has the good of the club at least partly at heart (much like Leazes in fact). Hall junior on the other hand is as obnoxious as they come and couldn't give a toss about the club. It was he who bent Shepherd's ear and got Robson the sack - remember his ridiculous relegation comments.

I have suspected for a while now Shepherd must have really regretted listening to Hall and sacking Robson in the despicable unplanned way he did. He's now trying to mend burned bridges, possibly out of genuine affection for Robson or maybe only to garner public opinion, and Robson is obviously a forgiving bloke, it seems. Who knows if it will do any good though. And as Chairman of NUFC, the fate of the club is ultimately always going to be down to Shepherd, no-one else. Failure to understand this simple point seems to be the underlying flaw in 99% of Leaze's football posts.

Leazes using an article from the Guardian to back up his arguments - he must be more desperate than we thought! Whatever nect?

Seriously though Leazes, I don't know what you're getting at - I think the general consensus is that Shepherd and Douggie Hall are to blame for the mess we're in. At least Shepherd is involved in the day-to-day operations - Douggie is just a leech. But that doesn't mean Shepherd has done well as chairman. In fact, he's done unbelievably badly. The situation we're finding ourselves in at the moment is testament to that.

Just wondered what the reaction would be to have it pointed out what I'd been saying for ages, that the Halls are the major shareholders and are involved in all the major decisions, I've made this point quite often to people who blame Shepherd for everything bad ... [but not good it seems ...]. Even an accountant doesn't seem to realise this, he still thinks major shareholders leave the entire club to someone else, don't worry Gem mate, I'd like to know who you work for just so I can make sure my own firm never employs you :lol:

Anyway, wankers like Renton who is employed in the medical profession yet thinks a human being with a brain tumour doesn't have his performance in life eroded, can hardly be correct in their theories in anything else can they.

The really sad thing is, if this club is taken over by a board who don't back their managers, meaning there is no point in EVER finding the right man because he will simply piss off to someone else who will back him, you will realise how deluded you have been, and I'll be pissed off just as much if not more than anyone else so I certainly won't come back gloating about it or anything .......

As usual, I don't expect people to understand this, although I would expect Renton to, as he certainly appears to be of an age where he would have experienced such a board ..... unless of course he chose not to ...

Just wondered what the reaction would be to have it pointed out what I'd been saying for ages, that the Halls are the major shareholders and are involved in all the major decisions, I've made this point quite often to people who blame Shepherd for everything bad ... [but not good it seems ...]. Even an accountant doesn't seem to realise this, he still thinks major shareholders leave the entire club to someone else, don't worry Gem mate, I'd like to know who you work for just so I can make sure my own firm never employs you :lol:

Anyway, wankers like Renton who is employed in the medical profession yet thinks a human being with a brain tumour doesn't have his performance in life eroded, can hardly be correct in their theories in anything else can they.

The really sad thing is, if this club is taken over by a board who don't back their managers, meaning there is no point in EVER finding the right man because he will simply piss off to someone else who will back him, you will realise how deluded you have been, and I'll be pissed off just as much if not more than anyone else so I certainly won't come back gloating about it or anything .......

As usual, I don't expect people to understand this, although I would expect Renton to, as he certainly appears to be of an age where he would have experienced such a board ..... unless of course he chose not to ...

Wanker this, cunt that, blah blah accountants, blah blah qualifications. Are you at the stage now you've completely given up trying to respond to anything anyone else says and have to resort to personal insults and insecure obsessions on every post you make, like this one for instance?

There was a time Leazes when I would have credited you with probably being an alright person, just a bit slow and dim maybe. Nowadays you really are just coming across as a pathetic excuse for a human being who is as vindictive as he is clueless. If this really is the best you have to offer I suggest you don't bother tbh, you're not even good value as a laugh any more. ;)

It seems as much a backhanded compliment as anything else.

That is to say that the Halls may have as much to answer for as Fat Fred in recent years.

Plus you never know, Robson is still an intelligent and cunning man (much more than perhaps his media image suggests) is ever pragmatic and still "bleeds black and white", so may even be manoeuvring for some sort of Director of Football or other role if Fat Fred managed to up his stake.

Although frankly I think NUFC is too much a cash cow (especially for Hall jr.) for that to happen.

On the share thing, an accountant wouldnt necessaru know how much influence any shareholders have over decisions. Certainly they have the right to influence, but whether they do or just sit back and get returns on the their investment (again and again and again). My own belief is that while FS handles the day to day running of the club, the Halls will step in with major decisions (possibly signing off final agreements on thinks like major sponsorship, dividends taken out and yes managerials appointments).

As much as I really dont like FS, its more down to his persona that he employs for the TV camera, when he opens his mouth I just know Im about to cringe. The majority of managerial appointments, at the time I was happy with, however, the most recent ones have been appauling. Robson going at the wrong time, GS coming in, GR appointment.

You are a shite spouting prick of the highest order.

When there was a good article from The Guardian that appeared in The Mag too a while ago Leazes' comment was simply: 'It's a shite newspaper'. :lol: Anyway, isn't Robson just suggesting Shepherd isn't completely to blame?

Just wondered what the reaction would be to have it pointed out what I'd been saying for ages, that the Halls are the major shareholders and are involved in all the major decisions, I've made this point quite often to people who blame Shepherd for everything bad ... [but not good it seems ...]. Even an accountant doesn't seem to realise this, he still thinks major shareholders leave the entire club to someone else, don't worry Gem mate, I'd like to know who you work for just so I can make sure my own firm never employs you ;)

hmm...well, I've proved you wrong on a few occasions, as you know having backed out of proving otherwise...as for a shite spouting prick of the highest order, I would reserve that for scumbags who think that people with brain tumours are able to live and work their lives normally .. especially a dumb twat who works in the medical profession. Words fail me. And I feel extremely sorry for those who defend such comments.

Smart ? Don't make me laugh. Shameful.

When there was a good article from The Guardian that appeared in The Mag too a while ago Leazes' comment was simply: 'It's a shite newspaper'. ;) Anyway, isn't Robson just suggesting Shepherd isn't completely to blame?

the point being, Alex, that the Guardian is a paper that some of you on here take notice of....curious to see how many of YOU would dismiss it.....such irony will escape them, I suspect not you however ...

Just wondered what the reaction would be to have it pointed out what I'd been saying for ages, that the Halls are the major shareholders and are involved in all the major decisions, I've made this point quite often to people who blame Shepherd for everything bad ... [but not good it seems ...]. Even an accountant doesn't seem to realise this, he still thinks major shareholders leave the entire club to someone else, don't worry Gem mate, I'd like to know who you work for just so I can make sure my own firm never employs you :D

Wanker this, cunt that, blah blah accountants, blah blah qualifications. Are you at the stage now you've completely given up trying to respond to anything anyone else says and have to resort to personal insults and insecure obsessions on every post you make, like this one for instance?

There was a time Leazes when I would have credited you with probably being an alright person, just a bit slow and dim maybe. Nowadays you really are just coming across as a pathetic excuse for a human being who is as vindictive as he is clueless. If this really is the best you have to offer I suggest you don't bother tbh, you're not even good value as a laugh any more. <_<

I see you don't respond to the bold bit...are you one of those who were tempted back to the club by the very board you now slate at every opportunity ;)

I'm not too bothered if you think I'm an "alright person" or not ... <_< ... I'm quite happy that I am aware of people who suffer a life threatening illness and what it means, and don't particularly have much of an opinion myself on people who would choose to dismiss it.

A quite staggering, and despicable, view.

It's clear to me that this has become less about you supporting Shepherd, now it's more about you against the world. Frankly it's a bit sad and I dismiss your Wailing Wall rants as quickly as you dismiss the blatantly obvious.

of course I doubt this will squeeze through the hands cupped over your eyes and ears, but I just wanted to scribble it down some where.

Not a very good thread. Not even amusing. Leazes, You seem shit scared of what might happen and it is making you oblivious to what actually is happening. Everyone but you can see that. There are worse and there are those who were loathed despite arguably having achieved as much of not more e.g. Doug Ellis (he has cups after his name).

Freddie has done some decent stuff but he hs also fucked up too often and there are very few signs of him turning this corner. If the Chairman of a business isnt in charge despite publically proclaiming that he is then all the more reason for the club to change hands. I, for one, am more than willing to take that risk. Of course we could end up with similar to Lerner or Abramovitch. Maybe we will end up with someone like Romanov. Who knows? what I do know is that you seem shit scared of that change. I'm not. History and what happened prior to 1992 have fuck all to do with the current situation as the business model and the market are entirely different. Its time to move on. The club has lumbered from one disaster to another. Even when we were doing well the clubs name was dragged through the mud by players thinking they were bigger than it.

We need people with some wit. Unfortunately neither the chairman nor the manager - the two mot important people at the club - appear to possess much. Understand your misgivings but I simply cant see what there is to be happy about in recent times. Tired of false dawns and broken promises.

..........thinks a human being with a brain tumour doesn't have his performance in life eroded..........

....................... who think that people with brain tumours are able to live and work their lives normally .. ...

Are these insinuations that people who have had brain tumours have had their performence in life eroded and unable to lead normal lives??

If they are then I think more research should be done on survivors, pay me a visit and I'll blow holes in your assessments.

..........thinks a human being with a brain tumour doesn't have his performance in life eroded..........

....................... who think that people with brain tumours are able to live and work their lives normally .. ...

Are these insinuations that people who have had brain tumours have had their performence in life eroded and unable to lead normal lives??

If they are then I think more research should be done on survivors, pay me a visit and I'll blow holes in your assessments.

Everyone who has had these difficulties is different. I have tried to describe this concept to Leazes, alas to no avail.

For his benefit, and for the fact he keeps personally slagging me off, I'll try for one last time to make him understand.

Leazes, cancer strikes when ONE cell mutates, and when that cell has the capability of spreading (a cell is a tiny thing which is the fundamental building block of animal life).

In Glenn Roeder's situation, a nasty cell went under this mutation, and grew. And grew. First of all, it would have been micoscopic (Leazes, that means it would have been invisible to all except clever people who use special instruments - quite unlike you, for instance). It might have grown to be lentil sized, or pea sized, or even grape sized. We don't know how big it got, because no-one has ever said, including Glenn (but bizarrely, you seem to know better than Glenn how it was affecting him).

But at some size, it caused him to collapse in a terrible way, and he had to go away for a nasty operation. Fortunately for Glenn, his tumour was what is called "non-invasive" and he recovered OK, unfortunately for the club he was at it was too late and they were relegated (that's a thing that happens when a BIG club becomes a small club).

Anyhow, although Glenn is probably the world's expert at getting clubs relegated, he somehow managed to get the best job of all! He is now on course to getting all FOUR of his clubs relegated, including rich ones like Newcastle United! Bravo Glenn!

Btw leazes, I could try and explain to you the nature of cancer, how it is caused, how things like brain tumours depend on the individual. I could try and explain to you that if someone has no symptoms, they literally will not know anything is wrong (is this hard for anyone else who is not a moron to understand?). I could go further, and try and explain to you that if someone really does know something is wrong with them then surely they have a duty to tell their employers this.

I could. But it would be a waste of time. Because you are so monumentally THICK it would probably be easier for me to go back into cancer research and cure the disease outright. You fucking MORON. ;)

The brain tumour thing completely misses the point imo and Leazes is arguing about it in order to avoid the real issue. That is: we've taken someone with a reputation for being a good coach who was doing a good job heading the Academy and thrown him into a job that he's already proved to be incapable of handling at smaller clubs. Ridiculous.

Just wondered what the reaction would be to have it pointed out what I'd been saying for ages, that the Halls are the major shareholders and are involved in all the major decisions, I've made this point quite often to people who blame Shepherd for everything bad ... [but not good it seems ...]. Even an accountant doesn't seem to realise this, he still thinks major shareholders leave the entire club to someone else, don't worry Gem mate, I'd like to know who you work for just so I can make sure my own firm never employs you ;)

hmm...well, I've proved you wrong on a few occasions, as you know having backed out of proving otherwise...as for a shite spouting prick of the highest order, I would reserve that for scumbags who think that people with brain tumours are able to live and work their lives normally .. especially a dumb twat who works in the medical profession. Words fail me. And I feel extremely sorry for those who defend such comments.

Smart ? Don't make me laugh. Shameful.

When have you ever proved me wrong? And renton is absolutely correct. A person can have a brain tumour and not nknow it is there and behave completely normally until the point they keel over (sometimes not even that happens) for you to say you know more about it than Renton is why i quite legitamately called you and will continue to call you a shite spouting prick.

The brain tumour thing completely misses the point imo and Leazes is arguing about it in order to avoid the real issue. That is: we've taken someone with a reputation for being a good coach who was doing a good job heading the Academy and thrown him into a job that he's already proved to be incapable of handling at smaller clubs. Ridiculous.

The thing I object to though is the way he tries to take the moral high ground on the issue. He did the same in the legendary Iraq/terrorism argument, trying to distract attention away from his flawed logic by calling me a cunt (his words) for "supporting" Saddam Hussein. I used to think Leazes might be OK, but his recent use of Roeder's health as a weapon to attack me makes me think the guy is actually the lowest of the low, as well as being a halfwit of the first order.

Well, arguing about the effect it had on Roeder at West Ham is, imo, arguing over a technicality anyway. It doesn't matter to me either way. What bothers me is he's out of his depth here and shouldn't have been appointed. As for Leazes, I reckon it's him clutching at straws as I think he probably realises Roeder wasn't a very good appointment.