luque is a magpie

nufc1984

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

until we get official confirmation from jimbo's tv - im not gonna get my hopes up.

this will be a great signing for the toon - dunno if it will be enough to save souness's job though

but if he gets owen as well - that could save his bacon

Anyone take Earnshaw now? A proven goalscorer on the cheap!

18744[/snapback]

I can only imagine you mean Robert Earnshaw??

You serious??? :lol:

18759[/snapback]

And why not? 2m he would be a great signing. I don't get the snobbery of some fans me. I bet half those who sneer at the likes of Earnshaw haven't even seen him play or would cream themselves if we were linked with some Serie C Italian Under-21 international.

He's very quick, very good in the air, 22 so can improve, has a goals to games ratio as good as anyone, now at all levels of the game bar Europe (club level) and the Conference. Every step he has had to make, he's adapated.

So he has poor control and isn't the best at leading the line. You would be hard pressed to find a natuarl goalscorer with lightning pace at 2m who has proved he can make it in the Premiership.

The reason he's not wanted at WBA is because Robson doesn't like the small, pacey striker, he likes his target men, big powerful forwards.

They paid 2.5m but after a number of games and goals it rises to 3.5. They'd take 2m and he'd crawl to Newcastle on broken glass. He's score more goals than Bellamy did.

I'd be delighted if we announced his signing tomorrow even for 3m.

HTT as you say he has scored goals in the prem last season and is an international, there's no way West Brom would sell him for £2-3m. Palace weren't happy when Johnson was being valued at £7-8m and half his goals were penalities!!!

In this country you never get british strikers on the cheap.

HTT as you say he has scored goals in the prem last season and is an international, there's no way West Brom would sell him for £2-3m. Palace weren't happy when Johnson was being valued at £7-8m and half his goals were penalities!!!

18769[/snapback]

Papa, a few weeks back, they were touting him for 3m. Can't remember the team but Robson even commented on it. He has Ellington, Horsefield has just signed a new 2 year deal, kanu, Campbell and someone else who I can't name.

If we offered 2m for him tomorrow, we could get him.

But he ain't a big enough name and the fans would probably go mental.

18769[/snapback]

Papa, a few weeks back, they were touting him for 3m. Can't remember the team but Robson even commented on it. He has Ellington, Horsefield has just signed a new 2 year deal, kanu, Campbell and someone else who I can't name.

18771[/snapback]

I would go mental - he's shite IMO

18769[/snapback]

18771[/snapback]

If he's really available for £2m i'd defintiely buy him. I'm not one for gambling big fees on players with one season in the prem, but if he's cheap he is fast and looks to have a decent eye for goal, we need that.

18744[/snapback]

18759[/snapback]

And why not? 2m he would be a great signing. I don't get the snobbery of some fans me. I bet half those who sneer at the likes of Earnshaw haven't even seen him play or would cream themselves if we were linked with some Serie C Italian Under-21 international.

He's very quick, very good in the air, 22 so can improve, has a goals to games ratio as good as anyone, now at all levels of the game bar Europe (club level) and the Conference. Every step he has had to make, he's adapated.

So he has poor control and isn't the best at leading the line. You would be hard pressed to find a natuarl goalscorer with lightning pace at 2m who has proved he can make it in the Premiership.

The reason he's not wanted at WBA is because Robson doesn't like the small, pacey striker, he likes his target men, big powerful forwards.

They paid 2.5m but after a number of games and goals it rises to 3.5. They'd take 2m and he'd crawl to Newcastle on broken glass. He's score more goals than Bellamy did.

18767[/snapback]

Fuck me HTT, it's not snobbery: I just don't think that is the kind of player we should be getting that's all.

It's just my opinion.

I don't know anything about Luque, so can't give an opinion one way or the other.

:lol::blink:;)

If he's really available for £2m i'd defintiely buy him. I'm not one for gambling big fees on players with one season in the prem, but if he's cheap he is fast and looks to have a decent eye for goal, we need that.

18776[/snapback]

Exactly Papa. I honestly think he'd be a cracking signing. I remember match of the day a while back analysing him, showing his runs etc., perfectly demonstrated just why he'll always score goals because his movement is first-class.

His finishing can be a bit off and he's not the chase down anything that moves type like Bellamy but he's a real finisher and in the air, for his size he has a great leap on him.

I rate him quite highly.

18744[/snapback]

18759[/snapback]

18767[/snapback]

Fuck me HTT, it's not snobbery: I just don't think that is the kind of player we should be getting that's all.

It's just my opinion.

I don't know anything about Luque, so can't give an opinion one way or the other.

:blink:;):icon_lol:

18777[/snapback]

OK, I'll let you off this time. :lol:

why is everyone going daft about this player....is it because he's a foreigner, is it because Shepherd has possibly put us in the red having already been the 3rd biggest spenders in the last decade. What will happen if this guy is the new Viana, will they just want Shepherd to " splash more cash" until we are in deep financial shit like Leeds ?

with reference to Rob Earnshaw, i would certainly take him for 2-3mil, he would be a great asset, saw a bit of him last year, all be it on Sky, like htt and papa say he's lightning quick and would get us goals, something which i think we may lack at the moment

why is everyone going daft about this player....is it because he's a foreigner, is it because Shepherd has possibly put us in the red having already been the 3rd biggest spenders in the last decade. What will happen if this guy is the new Viana, will they just want Shepherd to " splash more cash" until we are in deep financial shit like Leeds ?

18787[/snapback]

We need players Leazes, though I see where you're coming from. I just think people are delerious that we seem to be signing someone. Must say, he looks a quality player but I have my concerns whether he will adapt, whether he will perform, whether the manager can get the best out of him etc.

And as much as I would like to see the back of FS and Co. one thing I am certain of, they wouldn't put the club at risk financially. There is no reason to suggest they would, given their half-decent management of finances since taking over.

18787[/snapback]

I watch a lot of Spanish football and this guy is class. Very fast, can deliver a great cross, strong on the ball, good finisher and is excellent in the air.

18787[/snapback]

I watch a lot of Spanish football and this guy is class. Very fast, can deliver a great cross, strong on the ball, good finisher and is excellent in the air.

18804[/snapback]

But is he a "proper" player who works hard and tackles back at all times??? Its no good him scoring and creating goals if he isn't defending and tackling non stop under this manager!

18787[/snapback]

18804[/snapback]

But is he a "proper" player who works hard and tackles back at all times??? Its no good him scoring and creating goals if he isn't defending and tackling non stop under this manager!

18808[/snapback]

and let's hope he doesn't aquire a taste for pasties!

18787[/snapback]

18804[/snapback]

What's his hamstrings like??? :lol: