Official Match Thread: Arsenal Vs Newcastle United

Jimbo

Arsenal v Newcastle

Emirates Stadium

Saturday, 18 November

Kick-off: 1500 GMT

Arsenal are set to be without Gilberto as he has returned to Brazil to deal with a family matter.

Freddie Ljungberg and Julio Baptista are both fit again, while goalkeeper Jens Lehmann has recovered from his heavy cold.

Newcastle duo Shay Given and Obafemi Martins could return after injury.

Emre is suspended, Shola Ameobi could play before he has a hip operation, while Stephen Carr, Titus Bramble and James Milner could be available.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TEAMS

Newcastle United: Shay Given, Steven Taylor, Titus Bramble, Craig Moore, Peter Ramage, Nobby Solano, Nicky Butt, Scott Parker, Damien Duff, Kieron Dyer, Obafemi Martins

Subs: Steve Harper, Charles N'Zogbia, Giuseppe Rossi, James Milner, Antoine Sibierski

Arsenal: Jens Lehmann, Gael Clichy, Emmanuel Eboue, William Gallas, Kolo Toure, Julio Baptista, Cesc Fabregas, Alexander Hleb, Mathieu Flamini, Emmanuel Adebayor, Robin van Persie

Subs: Philippe Senderos, Thierry Henry, Alexandre Song, Manuel Almunia, Theo Walcott

Referee: Martin Atkinson

"1500: Six Premiership games across the country are due to get under way. Nice of Fulham to give everyone an early reminder of how not to defend in the Premiership."

I love how professional the BBC journos are. ;)

that live-footy link is taking forever to load (I know it normally takes a little while, but really slow here)

edit ... of course starts to work as soon as I post that. Why is the chinese bloke talking over the english commentary?! ;)