New Signings??

TOPTOON

I don't want any risky big buys i.e. Luque's and Boumsongs. Huntleers etc

For me Fulbacks top the list, Luke Young and Wayne Bridge/Matt Taylor ideally.

Collins John up Front and a top CB... Mathew upson anyone?

Out Luque, Bramble, Moore, Car,Nobby?

GIVEN

HARPER

KRUL

PAV?

NEW RB X2

NEW CB

TAYLOR

RAMAGE

HUNTINGDON

NEW LB (BRIDGE?)

BABA/BERNARD

MILNER

TROISI

PARKER

BUTT

EMRE

PATTISON

DUFF

ZOGGY

O'BRIEN

OWEN

DYER

MARTINS

NEW STRIKER (JOHN?)

AMEOBI

SIBIERSKI

Edited by TOPTOON

Urby Emanuelson would be a good signing at left back, and if we are doing business with Ajax why not go for John Heitinga or Hedwiges Maduro, all would improve our defence no end.

Not a chance of Wayne Bridge coming here. We're fighting relegation ffs.

I think he would be willing to come on loan realising he isn't first choice at chelsea and wanting some first team football, why oh why didn't we get him in summer?

I think he would be willing to come on loan realising he isn't first choice at chelsea and wanting some first team football, why oh why didn't we get him in summer?

Because the Chairman's a complete dick.

Wildly optimistic:

RB: Lucas Neil, decent defender, not much of an attacking fullback. Maybe Geremi if not Neil. Vanden Borre's not bad from what i've seen. Where's Lauren?

CB: Avoid Distin as i can still remember what he used to be like. Woodie's still available (don't know when the loan ends).

LB: Bridge

MF: Dioup. Sneijder (as if...). SWP (may be loan with options). Tuncay (ha ha ha).

CF: Darren Bent (if Charlton continue to struggle), Maynard (Crewe - athletic, technical, good on the turn. One to watch maybe, cheap anyway). Tevez (hasn't turned shite overnight - needs to settle in this league, add some trickery and movement up front and obviously no chance of coming here). Not Smith - more cards than goals.

Wildly optimistic:

RB: Lucas Neil, decent defender, not much of an attacking fullback. Maybe Geremi if not Neil. Vanden Borre's not bad from what i've seen. Where's Lauren?

CB: Avoid Distin as i can still remember what he used to be like. Woodie's still available (don't know when the loan ends).

MF: Dioup. Sneijder (as if...). SWP (may be loan with options). Tuncay (ha ha ha).

CF: Darren Bent (if Charlton continue to struggle), Maynard (Crewe - athletic, technical, good on the turn. One to watch maybe, cheap anyway). Tevez (hasn't turned shite overnight - needs to settle in this league, add some trickery and movement up front and obviously no chance of coming here). Not Smith - more cards than goals.

Didn't he sign up to a permanent deal starting next summer?

Wildly optimistic:

Didn't he sign up to a permanent deal starting next summer?

If so then i apologise for that one, i thought a price had been agreed but the deal had not yet been actually done. I'd be surprised if he wanted to move there on a permanent, like.

GIVEN

HARPER

KRUL

PAV?

NEW RB X2

NEW CB

TAYLOR

RAMAGE

HUNTINGDON

NEW LB (BRIDGE?)

BABA/BERNARD

MILNER

TROISI

PARKER

BUTT

EMRE

PATTISON

DUFF

ZOGGY

O'BRIEN

OWEN

DYER

MARTINS

NEW STRIKER (JOHN?)

AMEOBI

SIBIERSKI

Genius, we're short of defenders so you get rid of three. We need three in without losing although we could get rid of Carr and bring my gran into the squad instead.

The only player I'd get rid of is Luque, maybe a loan deal until the end of the season. If we're not playing him, he may as well be getting games somewhere else to bump up his price if we want to sell him in the summer.

We're not that bad defensively. It's quite obviously scoring goals which is the problem. We've scored the joint least goals in the league. For me, I'd try and bring in two strikers...

Because the Chairman's a complete dick.

So its the chairman's fault that Chelsea wouldn't let him go until they had the Cole deal sorted out which left no time to sign him? It is maybe Shepherd's fault for not signing a left back but you can blame him for not signing Bridge.

GIVEN

HARPER

KRUL

PAV?

NEW RB X2

NEW CB

TAYLOR

RAMAGE

HUNTINGDON

NEW LB (BRIDGE?)

BABA/BERNARD

MILNER

TROISI

PARKER

BUTT

EMRE

PATTISON

DUFF

ZOGGY

O'BRIEN

OWEN

DYER

MARTINS

NEW STRIKER (JOHN?)

AMEOBI

SIBIERSKI

Genius, we're short of defenders so you get rid of three. We need three in without losing although we could get rid of Carr and bring my gran into the squad instead.

I'm gettin rid of two incredibly Shite ones who should never ever play for us because they are no where near good enough!! Moore has always said he wants to finish his career is Aus and wants to go, otherwise i'd keep him as a back up squad player.

AND bringing in 4 good defenders to replace the two shit ones and one want away, how can that be bad !?

Edited by TOPTOON

For me,

IN - Forward, LB, CB (I think we'd be pushing it to get anymore in)

Names is a bit tricky without knowing our budget but names such as Bent, Bridge, Upson. I think we should aim for the majority of incoming either to be world class (high unlikely if not impossible) or already done it / doing it in the prem. We cant afford to wait 6months for anyone to settle.

OUT - Luque, Bernard (Squad too small to get rid of more yet). Unless we had a cracking offer for someone like Emre and use that cash to bring in another CB and maybe RB.

Note, keep Milner :D

Talking of Moore, he's out of contract this summer and has talked of heading back to Oz to see out his career there.

Moore has been a real calming influence on our defence this and last season(when fit), despite his lack of pace. He seems to have a good knack of reading the game.

Bramble is also out of contract at the end of the season, and has yet to be offered a new contract(publicly). I personally think that it's a great idea as he, in theory, is playing for a new one. If he plays like he did against Arsenal for the remainder of the season, then I'd like to see him get a new contract, but if the fuck-ups persist-we might just have to let him out into the wild.

Anyhow, a left back is a must buy this January/Summer, we may now have to buy 2 centre backs as well in the off-season. I also think we need a new right back, but if Roeders comments are anything to go by, he seems to think Baba and Carr have been our 2 most consistent performers this season.

Possibility of a brand new back 4 next year? Probably a necessity, it'll take a huge chunk of our transfer budget though.

Wouldn't surprise me too much if Moore has played his last game for the Toon, given he's out for a while injured.

Good riddance tbh. The fact that even I have to consider him as our most reliable defender at the moment says how awful the others have to be.

I think he could be easily replaced. Just looking at the players here in Jormany there are loads of better players around. I don't think that for example that a solid international defender like M. Friedrich would cost more than 2-3m (probably even Euro).

Wouldn't surprise me too much if Moore has played his last game for the Toon, given he's out for a while injured.

Good riddance tbh. The fact that even I have to consider him as our most reliable defender at the moment says how awful the others have to be.

I think he could be easily replaced. Just looking at the players here in Jormany there are loads of better players around. I don't think that for example that a solid international defender like M. Friedrich would cost more than 2-3m (probably even Euro).

I agree with what you're saying, I doubt the scouting network gets that far though. Unless Kuyt's team is playing them in a friendly.

I do hope that we go back(?) in for Bridge, as I think he's a class act, and looked in incredible form for Chelsea at the start of the season. I have no idea who we should try and pick up at centre back, but I can't really see us dumping Carr. I have a horrible feeling that we're stuck with him.

I wouldnt dump Carr, but I would bring in a decent RB for him to compete with. At the moment our other RB options seems to be square pegs etc.

From having seen both playing I'd rather play Sweeleftpeg or any other peg instead of Carr tbh. :D