Muslim Only Mortgages

wykikitoon

Just having a scan for a mortgage an found this:-

Muslim Mortgages

This is getting beyond a joke tbh

Discuss ;)

<lights torch and sits back>

I don't think its only Muslims that have their own style mortgages, I think other religions have their own particular style loans, I think its all down to the phrasing of the agreements so it doesn't contravine rulings in the Koran etc regarding lending and loaning.

Muslim Mortgages

Discuss ;)

all part of an equal ... eeerrr divided ..... society, which is growing ever more equal ... eerrr.... divided. Still, remain tolerant at all costs.

ho hum.

Well exactly. I don't see how it's any different to lenders offering mortages tailored to the needs of first-time buyers or gay couples or any other group of people with different needs to Mr. and Mrs. 2-Kids-and-a-Dog.

Edited by Meenzer

As far as I'm aware, they're not exclusive to Muslims, they've just been designed for Muslims because the standard mortgages come under what Islam constitutes as gambling, which is a sin.

I think that's fair enough, its filling a gap and there's nothing to stop non-Muslims from taking out a Muslim Mortgage.

As far as I'm aware, they're not exclusive to Muslims, they've just been designed for Muslims because the standard mortgages come under what Islam constitutes as gambling, which is a sin.

I think that's fair enough, its filling a gap and there's nothing to stop non-Muslims from taking out a Muslim Mortgage.

I thin European anti-discrimination directives would have something to say if they were exclusive...

Muslim Mortgages

Discuss :lol:

I dont see any problem with it, but how have the Muslim house owners done upto press? Unlesss WBBS are the first "big" BS to do it?

;) Jesus wept.

Anyway, nothing new as far as I'm aware. The people who bought my Mam and Dad's old house got one.

aye but they don't just repossess yer house if you fall behind on the payments...............

N Rock are already advertising for an Executioner .......................

It doesn't say it's a "muslim only" mortgage though, does it? I doubt you'd not be allowed on this scheme if you weren't a muslim or you'd have to prove you were before they'd accept you. A bit like some take aways will use halal meat, and airlines will serve kosher meals but it doesn't mean only muslims can eat there or BA are serving "jew only" food.

Like Sheilas Wheels, a mate of mine rang up claiming to be a transsexual and asking if he'd be able to get his car insured to see what they would say, and they said anyone, male, female or tranny could get car insurance from them.

Edited by BlueStar

Like Sheilas Wheels, a mate of mine rang up claiming to be a transsexual and asking if he'd be able to get his car insured to see what they would say, and they said anyone, male, female or tranny could get car insurance from them.

Fucking ruined his joke though! ;) "Oh. Ok then. Bye."

Fucking ruined his joke though! ;) "Oh. Ok then. Bye."

:lol:

I think it was more to settle a pub argument of "So could a tranny get insurance from Sheila's Wheels"

Although if they said no he could have gone lavender for a while and tried to sue I guess.

You have raised a very interesting question in my mind as to what their insurance would cost, though. I'm assuming the answer is very straight forward, that you get charged at the same rates as the sex you were born as; otherwise there could be some very dodgy strategies for dealing with the cost of insurance, long-term anyway.

Muslim Mortgages

Discuss :o

I dont see any problem with it, but how have the Muslim house owners done upto press? Unlesss WBBS are the first "big" BS to do it?

:D Jesus wept.

Anyway, nothing new as far as I'm aware. The people who bought my Mam and Dad's old house got one.

A Muslim kid at work raised £1k for 3 days sponserd silence for Children in need. He also bought serveral raffle tickets, isnt that classed as gamblling?

Muslim Mortgages

Discuss :o

:D Jesus wept.

A Muslim kid at work raised £1k for 3 days sponserd silence for Children in need. He also bought serveral raffle tickets, isnt that classed as gamblling?

Muslims aren't some homogenous group you know.

Muslims aren't some homogenous group you know.

Bollocks, underneath all that head-wear, they're basically fruit flies.

I'm sure the OP started a thread recently about :D them :lol: that made me similarly :o.