Blackburn (A)

Matty

I know it's a bit early but just got my ticket through the post today, was wondering if anyone else on here is going? Been there a few times before but I'll finally be on the bottom tier this time.

A nice 5 minute train journey for me from sunny Preston :)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am going too, a nice 5 min taxi ride from t'other side of Blackburn,

should be good crack, Fernhurst will be packed possible marqee going up according to the lasses behind the bar

Was a great game there last year...

We didn't play that well but Shearer's first goal of the season, a mint finish from Zoggy and of course Owen's first for us!

And Bellamy got some well deserved abuse.

Edited by Matty

Again with the Bellamy Matt. :)

I'm sure you just wait for me to mention his name and then pounce! :o

Bellamy Bellamy Bellamy Bellamy Bellamy!

That should do me for a while.

Blackburn (a)

We travel to Ewood Park on Saturday for a 3pm kickoff in what will be the first Premiership meeting between the sides when the name of Alan Shearer hasn't appeared in one or the other squad lists on the match programme.

NUFC: To follow...missing are Dyer, Duff, Moore, Ameobi, Owen, Bernard, Harper and Krul.

Doubts over Bramble, Carr & Parker.

BRFC: To follow...Khizanishvili (groin) and Stephane Henchoz (thigh) are doubts, while former Toon target Brett Emerton (hamstring) has joined fellow injury victims Ryan Nelsen (hamstring), Steven Reid (back) Peter Enckelman (ankle) and Jason Roberts (foot) on the treatment table.

Ref: Dermot Gallagher - a day short of a year since we last saw the Banbury tart with his acme in his pie hole. That occasion was the 1-0 home win over Arsenal when the visitors ended with ten men, Dermot having done the same to West Ham at SJP earlier last season.

Drink: The management of the Fernhurst tell us that in common with all pubs in the area, they will stop serving at 2.30pm on Saturday.

They also remind fans that the pub does not admit U18s on matchday and ID will be required for admission if you look like a young 'un.

Also required for admission will be a ticket for the away end as the pub caters for away fans only.

***confirmed teams***

Blackburn Rovers: Brad Friedel, Lucas Neill, Michael Gray, Tugay, Stephane Henchoz, Andre Ooijer, David Bentley, Robbie Savage, Shabani Nonda, Benni McCarthy, Morten Gamst Pedersen.

Subs: Jason Brown, Andy Todd, Aaron Mokoena, Matt Derbyshire, Sergio Peter.

Newcastle United: Shay Given, Nolberto Solano, Celestine Babayaro, Nicky Butt, Peter Ramage, Steven Taylor, James Milner, Emre, Obafemi Martins, Antoine Sibierski, Charles N'Zogbia.

Subs: Pavel Srnicek, Paul Huntington, Matthew Pattison, Giuseppe Rossi, Albert Luque.

Referee: Dermot Gallagher

Edited by janu