Chelsea vs Newcastle Utd

Jigsaw's Juggernaut

Now, assuming all those who were injured at Blackburn don't play (which is highly likely) and that Babayaro is suspended, the team kind of picks itself.

-------------------------Given

--- Huntington---Taylor-----Ramage---N'Zogbia

---Milner-------Butt----------Pattison----Luque

-----------------Rossi--------Martins

SUBS

Pav

Carrol

Troisi

Gate

Edgar

TBH, if Roeder doesn't pick Luque for this game and throws in a cripple or a youngster, then he should be shot. Out of a cannon. Into the centre of the sun.

Would be good too see Hunts and Pattison play for a good length of time, build up their experience etc, even though it is thowing them in at the deep end. Ideal time to do it to, as it isn't a "must win" game.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideal time to do it to, as it isn't a "must win" game.

After Jose "Cocky Bollocks" Mourino's comments on Sunday I beg to differ. I'd love it if we beat them or even got a draw seeing that he's convinced they'll be cutting the gap down to 5 midweek. <_<

According to .com he will be.

No official confirmation (and even a denial in the Chronicle), but we reckon that Babayaro picked up his fifth booking of the season on Saturday for another foul:

17.09.06 West Ham (a) 42 mins on Zamora

28.10.06 Charlton (h) 93 mins on Rommedahl

04.11.06 Sheff Utd (h) 84 mins on Kabba

07.11.06 Watford (a) 42 mins on Young

09.12.06 Blackburn (a) 58 mins on Todd

A check of the relevant rule in the FA First Team Competitive Matches document confirms that the League Cup booking counts towards the total.

However, it looks like he will miss the Watford game, rather than the visit to Chelsea. Paragraph 6 (a) (viii) states, "Any period of suspension arising from recording cautions will commence on the seventh day following the date of his last offence."

Which puts Baba at Left Back and Zoggy on Left Wing

Now, assuming all those who were injured at Blackburn don't play (which is highly likely) and that Babayaro is suspended, the team kind of picks itself.

SUBS

Pav

Carrol

Troisi

Gate

Edgar

TBH, if Roeder doesn't pick Luque for this game and throws in a cripple or a youngster, then he should be shot. Out of a cannon. Into the centre of the sun.

Would be good too see Hunts and Pattison play for a good length of time, build up their experience etc, even though it is thowing them in at the deep end. Ideal time to do it to, as it isn't a "must win" game.

jesus wept at that lineup.

could be a long cold and painful 90 minutes

--- Huntington---Taylor-----Ramage---Baba

---Milner-------Butt----------N'Zogbia----Luque

Sibierski claimed he's be fit to play against Chelsea, while Solano/Emre are only doubtful. As .com say, things might not be as bleak as initially feared.

I still don't think Luque will get a game though. I can see Milner/N'Zogbia/Rossi/Sib starting ahead of him. Possibly even Pattison.

I thought I just decided that Baba is suspended for the Watford game due to this :

However, it looks like he will miss the Watford game, rather than the visit to Chelsea. Paragraph 6 (a) (viii) states, "Any period of suspension arising from recording cautions will commence on the seventh day following the date of his last offence."

I thought I just decided that Baba is suspended for the Watford game due to this :

I wholeheartedly apologise sir. <_<

SUBS

Pav

Carrol

Troisi

Gate

Edgar

jesus wept at that lineup.

could be a long cold and painful 90 minutes

That lineup would do well to keep us to below 5-0 tbph. Nicky Butt carrying on where he left off against Blackburn and Chelsea completely mis-firing up front is the only combination of factors I can see that would keep us in it as a contest by the hour mark. I'd take positives wherever they can be found from this one-I dont expect any result at all, I just hope the inevitable defeat doesnt signal a new losing streak. Thats where Roeder will earn his corn. This really is fuck all compared to Watford - we can't afford another Sheffield United scenario.

Also,

02/03: Lost 0-3 No scorer

03/04: Lost 0-5 No scorer

04/05: Lost 0-4 No scorer

05/06: Lost 0-3 No scorer

05/06: Lost 0-1 No scorer

Looks promising! :)

<_<

Bring the bastards on!

SUBS

Pav

Carrol

Troisi

Gate

Edgar

Is this on at Kingston Park, or their place?

Edited by ObaGol

Has Huntington played right back in the reserves at all? I might be tempted to put him in the centre (his natural position), and play Ramage right, as at least he's spent a bit of time at fullback. I realise coming up against Drogba and Shevchenko might be something of a baptism of fire mind.

Has Huntington played right back in the reserves at all? I might be tempted to put him in the centre (his natural position), and play Ramage right, as at least he's spent a bit of time at fullback. I realise coming up against Drogba and Shevchenko might be something of a baptism of fire mind.

to be honest he's either going to be beaten to fuck by Drogba and Shevy or run ragged by Robben...

I'd stick him right back, it's less of a vital position imo.

I'd stick him right back, it's less of a vital position imo.

He came on at right back against Blackburn and from what I've heard, he played well. Although he will probably struggle against Chelsea, not many wouldn't.

Did he even touch the ball more than twice? <_<