Chelsea vs Newcastle Utd

Jigsaw's Juggernaut

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well unlucky lads, good result thinking about the team we had?

Wouldn't have expected anything better, but it's certainly not a good result. Can't see how any defeat is, especially one in which we lose yet another player.

Good to see our young defenders playing so well in recent weeks, so that's a bright point I guess.

Wouldn't have expected anything better, but it's certainly not a good result. Can't see how any defeat is, especially one in which we lose yet another player.

Good to see our young defenders playing so well in recent weeks, so that's a bright point I guess.

I didnt mean it in the same context as beating a team 2-0 or the like. I would have thought a higher result. It looks like we have some fight in the team again now . We seem to have a shape now when in games.

Aye a defeat is a defeat. It could have been worse like, but anyone expecting anything other than a beating was kidding themself tbh. But then when it gets to 70-odd minutes you start to think you can hold out. Should know better by now tbh.

I'm more arsed about N'Zogbia's knee than the scoreline.

I'd love a free hit on Arjen Robben. I'd definitely make the most of it.

<_< same here... was watching the game and all I could think of was playing left back for Newcastle. letting Robben run down the flank slightly ahead of me and then doing a two footed flying tackle at cheek height. Then stamping him a few times while he was squirming around. Would be the most worthwhile red card ever.

Aye a defeat is a defeat. It could have been worse like, but anyone expecting anything other than a beating was kidding themself tbh. But then when it gets to 70-odd minutes you start to think you can hold out. Should know better by now tbh.

I'm more arsed about N'Zogbia's knee than the scoreline.

Agree. I didn't anything else than a tonking in this match, so I couldn't care less.

Of course at times you think that with a little bit luck we might strike lucky with a break. But apart from Sibierski's chances we never threatened them. Martin's pace might have been useful, but we didn't have someone who could feed him with the right balls and he isn't able to create these chances on his own unfortunately.

Under the circumstances we played well tonight!! Young lads at the back in particular did very well. Milner and Martins always looked threatning for us. Zoggy looked good till he went off. Deserved the draw imo

Beat Watford next game and we are back on track though.

Aye we couldn't have asked for a better match to follow this one really. Hopefully a couple of faces back to fitness and we can turn them over on Saturday.

Why are we so crap at simple distribution though??? Very annoying tonight.

I'm not necessarily asking that every one of our freekicks end up with a header on target for us, but we do seem to like being the masters of our own downfall at times.

Greatest example was that BABA freekick in the first half... weird cross pitch ball straight to Lampard about chest height, straight down the other end, we almost conceded.

There were 3-4 incidents in the game like that where in less than 5 seconds the situation went from: FK to us, every one calmly around the ball and waiting - TO - fuck fuck fuck major chance for CHelsea with our blokes desperately scrambling back. Hell, for one of those free kicks that we pinged into the box, our players weren't even ready for it yet...

*sigh*

Aye we couldn't have asked for a better match to follow this one really. Hopefully a couple of faces back to fitness and we can turn them over on Saturday.

Just back from the theatre [feel free to take the piss in your next post] and this Chelsea fan on the radio was whinging like mad about their team's performance. Had my hopes up for a bit, then thought about it and realised they must have won by 1-0 or 2-1. <_<

Anyhow, I was then thinking the same as you. We couldn't wish for a better game than Watford at home next, although after that it admittedly gets more difficult again.

I can't believe we have picked up yet another serious injury, this season is becoming beyond ludicrous for injuries even by the freakish NUFC standards we've been used to over the years!

And from what i heard on SSN it could have been worse as Gordon McQueen said Makelele went completely over the top on Martins. Needless to say since it was a Chelsea player on a toon player the ref did what i would expect of any of the biased, useless fuckwitts and didn't punish him for it. McQueen was pretty angry with th challenge and the ref for doing fuck all and said he hoped we scored an equaliser, so i'm guessing it was bad!

I can't believe we have picked up yet another serious injury, this season is becoming beyond ludicrous for injuries even by the freakish NUFC standards we've been used to over the years!

And from what i heard on SSN it could have been worse as Gordon McQueen said Makelele went completely over the top on Martins. Needless to say since it was a Chelsea player on a toon player the ref did what i would expect of any of the biased, useless fuckwitts and didn't punish him for it. McQueen was pretty angry with th challenge and the ref for doing fuck all and said he hoped we scored an equaliser, so i'm guessing it was bad!

Watched the game, didn't see that <_<

Watched the game, didn't see that <_<

It was right at the end, just before the whistle i think and McQueen was really pissed off about the foul, the lack of a card and hoping we would equalise.

At least there is some variety in our injuries... freak calf injuries, groins, hamstrings, freak eye injuries... instead of the same hamstring issue happening over and over like the Souness era.

At least there is some variety in our injuries... freak calf injuries, groins, hamstrings, freak eye injuries... instead of the same hamstring issue happening over and over like the Souness era.

5th most innovative injury list in the last 10 years tbh.

People say Roeder never whinges, but that's what it sounded like to me listening to him about Schevenko's scuffed shot etc.

Apparently we have 13 first-team players injured! Can't work out how it's that many tbh. Strange too that we seem to play better with all these injuries. If players like Carr get fit and go straight back into the first team Roeder wnats shooting tbh.

People say Roeder never whinges, but that's what it sounded like to me listening to him about Schevenko's scuffed shot etc.

Not really whinging is it. Just pointing out that we'd held out well only for a scuffed shot to fall perfectly to someone for them to knock in. I thought the same thing myself when it happened.

13 first teamers out is incredible. Especially with the Christmas programme of games coming up, any more injuries and we'll have to try and pull a Boro and just not turn up for games (still one of the funniest things I've ever heard of in professional sport).

i thought chelsea were poor. we put out a very poor and inexperienced side and they only had two real chances (including the goal) and we hit the post.

i've got to eat my words about sibierski like - i thought he was our best player last night. he always showed for the ball, good touch and won almost everything that came his way in the air.

unlike luque who flounced around for 15 minutes at the end barely touching the ball. you'd never guess which one we paid £10m on.