Team V Brum

TOPTOON

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got in from the game.

Matty Pattison is the worst player I've seen in a Newcastle shirt in a long time, there was no balance at all down the left hand side in the first half, we looked better in the second half although that could have been more to do with the sending off rather than getting O'Brien on and having more of a balanced side.

Milner, Martins and Solano the stand out players for us, Dyer had a good second half, Butt put in a decent performance as did Taylor apart from a few shaky moments, the rest of the team was shite.

Our midfield doesn't create anything going forward when Emre doesn't play.

Edited by Baggio

I believe that a quality striker is a must, even when Owen and Amoeba come back it still leaves us short on strike-power in view of future injuries and heavy schedules.

I really believe a quality centre-half/central defender is an absolute must, we have no one in the barracks who can marshall the rank & file troops on the roster. We need a leader/stopper/take no prisoners/authorative reader/controller of the defensive game.

I believe we need to bring in a good left full-back with premier league or equivilent experience, what we have in house don't fit the bill for the long haul.

I believe a good right full-back wouldn't hurt but maybe we have someone onboard already who could find a home there.

I believe we have enough mid-field players who are good enough to get the job done if they learn to play together on a better level.

Matty Pattison is the worst player I've seen in a Newcastle shirt in a long time, there was no balance at all down the left hand side in the first half, we looked better in the second half although that could have been more to do with the sending off rather than getting O'Brien on and having more of a balanced side.

Milner, Martins and Solano the stand out players for us, Dyer had a good second half, Butt put in a decent performance as did Taylor apart from a few shaky moments, the rest of the team was shite.

Only 5 minutes viewing and you can see straight off that he is fucking shit!

Edited by @yourservice

I believe that a quality striker is a must, even when Owen and Amoeba come back it still leaves us short on strike-power in view of future injuries and heavy schedules.

I really believe a quality centre-half/central defender is an absolute must, we have no one in the barracks who can marshall the rank & file troops on the roster. We need a leader/stopper/take no prisoners/authorative reader/controller of the defensive game.

I believe we need to bring in a good left full-back with premier league or equivilent experience, what we have in house don't fit the bill for the long haul.

I believe a good right full-back wouldn't hurt but maybe we have someone onboard already who could find a home there.

I believe we have enough mid-field players who are good enough to get the job done if they learn to play together on a better level.

Left back should be top priority, we don't have one on the books that is capable at this level and the team looks unbalanced because of it.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt to start with as he was being played out of position but he couldn't even manage a 10 yard pass without knocking it out of play, he looked slightly better (which wasn't hard) in the second half but in the last 20 minutes or so he was leaving huge gaps in the middle for Birmingham to attack us.

Terrible performance.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt to start with as he was being played out of position but he couldn't even manage a 10 yard pass without knocking it out of play, he looked slightly better (which wasn't hard) in the second half but in the last 20 minutes or so he was leaving huge gaps in the middle for Birmingham to attack us.

Terrible performance.

I'm sorry but his physique and his control of a football etc is plain to see straight off that he has not got it at this level,maybe a bit part player in the championship if lucky,the academy should have picked up on this long before he played in an FA cup tie!

Infact i see gateshead coming in for him,might be a canny lad if your reading matty :yes but your not premiership material matey!soz like

Matty Pattison is the worst player I've seen in a Newcastle shirt in a long time, ....................................

Read my post #140 and you will see we were thinking along the same lines. He was hardly in the game and when he was he was awful.

Hunty was a bit dodgy again.

Fuck... yeap, we are left regretting those missed chances and the lack of cutting edge in the last third.

a new defender or two should cure that :razz:

We need a striker AND defenders. That is obvious to even the most blinkered pleb. However, anyone who feels our current back four are capable of competing in the Premiership for the rest of the season needs their head read. :razz:

you obviously expect the shit board to provide more funds - again - than better boards. You need your head read.

The game today should have been dead and buried, the best defenders find it difficult if the people in front of them can't hold the ball and allow teams to attack them, or finish off games when you are in front. Get your head read again.

Oh, and look at our defensive record. And ask yourself who will score the goals if Martins is injured.

Did you see the game today? Funny how you can comment on exactly what the problem was, yet others aren't allowed to because they don't see the games :yes

judgement made over several games this season, but it didn't take many to make it, and its been confirmed many times over.

No it hasn't. It's just your opinion, nothing has been confirmed at all. When our defender make stupid mistakes, you blame the strikers for not scoring more, or holding the ball up. If that were the case, why are Chelsea struggling to cope without John Terry? Why do the big clubs invest so much in defenders these days?

Don't bite Gol. Your reasoned approach will be blown to bits in seconds by the self-proclaimed NUFC Oracle :razz:

mine is a reasoned approach borne out of the experience gained from watching the team for 42 years, what is yours based on other than defending your mate or simply not having a mind of your own ?

Unless you have a very bad cold? :yes

Must be hard to Leazes to argue on here without his bum boy, notice a lot a comments have been left when they would have ended up in 20 pagers if HTL was here :yes

don't kid yourself, they would prove me wrong with factual information if they could, as would you.

:yes

Does chasing a few more "bum boys" on here make you feel better ..... :razz:

Fuck... yeap, we are left regretting those missed chances and the lack of cutting edge in the last third.

a new defender or two should cure that :yes

Save conceeding two goals to a championship team though, eh.

better possession and killing the game off and scoring a 3rd goal would as well...

I could ask how many times you have seen the team play.....

but it is blindlingly obvious that the trouble with this team is an inability to hold the ball up front, in todays case the game should have been dead and buried

There are many troubles with the team, of which that is indeed one of them. However, it's also clear to see that even with Henry and Drogba up front, this team would still conceed goals with their current defenders.

Personally, I'd love to see us sign a new striker, along with a couple of new midfielders and 4 new defenders. However, when you look at the squad, forgetting the injuries, we're much stronger up front than we are at the back. I think we should be looking to bring a cheap striker in (Viduka for example) and invest in a couple of good defenders.

you don't want much from a shite board.

I don't agree we are strong up front. Ameobi isn't good enough. Sibierski is playing above himself and is a midfield player anyway. Martins and Owen may not be able to play together. It doesn't leave much does it ?

You should "plan" a bit better, we need at least one forward. The big money should be spent on that.

The shite board is practically bankrupt after spunking up its money on Souness. We are losing a million a month - that's a fact based on NUFC accounts. Without selling players (and who can we afford to lose?) we aren't going to be buying any quality forwards or defenders. People are deluding themselves.

the shite board ended up with one foot in the old 3rd division, and sold its best players for decades, and didn't even succeed with a share issue that hoped to raise 2.5m quid to Newcastle Uniteds thousands of diehard supporters who will support the team forever ... blah blah blah.....

Shite boards are also at other clubs who hardly qualify for europe, otherwise they would qualify for europe ? If you prefer not to bother buying quality players and hovering around the middle of the table or lower, you may get your wish if the board is taken over by a board who keep the books balanced at all costs and don't attempt to speculate for success on the pitch.

I agree that spunking money under Souness is why we are in this position, I predicted it. However the accountant and some of his chums who said it wouldn't happen and we should give him time, to get rid of who he wanted and replace them with seemingly unlimited funds have got what they wanted. The club will take time to recover so there is no point in idiots rambling on expecting the club to spend millions more quid. The ironic thing is if the club spend money they will slate them for doing it because of the accounts and if the club don't do it they will still slate them.

The conclusion is obviously that a lot of people on here will just slate the club whatever they do.

:yes

Very sad. Who thinks the club should spend money and who thinks they should not. Throw your hat in the ring, give your opinion, and don't criticise later.

Leazes, you are such an absolutist, everything has to be black and white with you. There is never any middle ground.

It is possible to spend money wisely and not recklessly you know, like we did with Souness. As for throwing my hat in the ring now, fair enough, I DON'T think we should spend much at all at this period. We simply cannot afford to. I would be seeking loan players to fill in critical positions, especially a left back and a defender. This is what I think will happen and I agree with it.

Incidentally, how do you suppose the board is going to get us out of our financial position now? Our income is set to decline further next year, with falling ticket sales and no Europe. Yet our expenditure will probably not change, with far too much money being spent on players' wages, for instance. What the hell are we going to do in the long term?

a new defender or two should cure that :yes

Save conceeding two goals to a championship team though, eh.

better possession and killing the game off and scoring a 3rd goal would as well...

I could ask how many times you have seen the team play.....

but it is blindlingly obvious that the trouble with this team is an inability to hold the ball up front, in todays case the game should have been dead and buried

There are many troubles with the team, of which that is indeed one of them. However, it's also clear to see that even with Henry and Drogba up front, this team would still conceed goals with their current defenders.

Personally, I'd love to see us sign a new striker, along with a couple of new midfielders and 4 new defenders. However, when you look at the squad, forgetting the injuries, we're much stronger up front than we are at the back. I think we should be looking to bring a cheap striker in (Viduka for example) and invest in a couple of good defenders.

you don't want much from a shite board.

I don't agree we are strong up front. Ameobi isn't good enough. Sibierski is playing above himself and is a midfield player anyway. Martins and Owen may not be able to play together. It doesn't leave much does it ?

You should "plan" a bit better, we need at least one forward. The big money should be spent on that.

The shite board is practically bankrupt after spunking up its money on Souness. We are losing a million a month - that's a fact based on NUFC accounts. Without selling players (and who can we afford to lose?) we aren't going to be buying any quality forwards or defenders. People are deluding themselves.

the shite board ended up with one foot in the old 3rd division, and sold its best players for decades, and didn't even succeed with a share issue that hoped to raise 2.5m quid to Newcastle Uniteds thousands of diehard supporters who will support the team forever ... blah blah blah.....

Shite boards are also at other clubs who hardly qualify for europe, otherwise they would qualify for europe ? If you prefer not to bother buying quality players and hovering around the middle of the table or lower, you may get your wish if the board is taken over by a board who keep the books balanced at all costs and don't attempt to speculate for success on the pitch.

I agree that spunking money under Souness is why we are in this position, I predicted it. However the accountant and some of his chums who said it wouldn't happen and we should give him time, to get rid of who he wanted and replace them with seemingly unlimited funds have got what they wanted. The club will take time to recover so there is no point in idiots rambling on expecting the club to spend millions more quid. The ironic thing is if the club spend money they will slate them for doing it because of the accounts and if the club don't do it they will still slate them.

The conclusion is obviously that a lot of people on here will just slate the club whatever they do.

:razz:

Very sad. Who thinks the club should spend money and who thinks they should not. Throw your hat in the ring, give your opinion, and don't criticise later.

Leazes, you are such an absolutist, everything has to be black and white with you. There is never any middle ground.

It is possible to spend money wisely and not recklessly you know, like we did with Souness. As for throwing my hat in the ring now, fair enough, I DON'T think we should spend much at all at this period. We simply cannot afford to. I would be seeking loan players to fill in critical positions, especially a left back and a defender. This is what I think will happen and I agree with it.

Incidentally, how do you suppose the board is going to get us out of our financial position now? Our income is set to decline further next year, with falling ticket sales and no Europe. Yet our expenditure will probably not change, with far too much money being spent on players' wages, for instance. What the hell are we going to do in the long term?

nah REnton not everything is black and white with me :yes there are grey areas. I totally agree with spending money well, on quality, you can get quality for little money and sometimes you have to pay the going rate.

In fact, big money players now and again signal your intent to the rest of football, your own players and your own supporters. They attract other good players to the club. They are important. We have seen that. Players want to play alongside the likes of Shearer and Owen. And people want to see them play too.

When I say we need a quality out and out forward, I mean that. If it costs most of the budget to get him ie the player the manager wants and preferably a long term player with his best years to come, so be it, this is the best option in the long run. If we can't get a player of this type, then a short term cheaper player will have to do it really can't be helped. If we spend most of the budget on the right player for us I think it will actually shove us into the top half of the table and give us a fighting chance of winning one of the cups. I know we need a left back and a leader at the back too but I feel those holes can be papered over until more money is available, unless a cheap good player becomes available within our price range ie Lucas Neill for instance. At the end of the day, its quality that counts. We actually have players who can come in and do a job as cover ie Ramage can cover and our defenders will come back however the forwards won't, only Owen might, and if we can put a run together in one of the cups and he comes back in March/April , who knows ? Assuming we spent our budget on a striker and Lucas Neill, then of course I would agree to bringing in a loan player or two. Then we have to address the problem that Emre may be going, so we need a replacement, then address the problem of Parker not really being what we hoped [iMO anyway as I prefer Butt] so there is a problem in midfield that is about to surface and become more important. You are always looking for players in football, you can always strengthen your team and when the chance comes along should consider it seriuosly which is why I defend the signing of Duff, he is a good age and so far he hasn't played the way he can but if or when he does he'll be an assett.

And if Martins is injured, we would have a serious problem getting goals, and that could put us in deep trouble.

The club is going to have to do what other clubs do who are in a dodgy financial position basically, shift out some high earners who are not performing and do some astute buying, the thing is, this isn't easy, a lot of other clubs are in a similar predicament. This question covers a wider range of discussion ie football as a whole rather than Newcastle. The one thing about Newcastle is that we know if players perform, then the big crowds will come, this has always been the case, its just that the managers have to spend their money well and in too many cases in the last few years this has not happened.

I agre in the main (:yes) but where I think you know I disagree with you on is the quality of our curent manager. I simply don't think he has the skills to implement the changes we both agree need to happen. That's why I'm quite gloomy about our prospects.

I also agree we are only a couple of injuries (e.g. Martins) from a relegation scrap. If we can get some decent players on loan that would at least be better than nothing. Listening to Roeder and reading between the lines this is what I think will happen.

I agre in the main (<_<) but where I think you know I disagree with you on is the quality of our curent manager. I simply don't think he has the skills to implement the changes we both agree need to happen. That's why I'm quite gloomy about our prospects.

I also agree we are only a couple of injuries (e.g. Martins) from a relegation scrap. If we can get some decent players on loan that would at least be better than nothing. Listening to Roeder and reading between the lines this is what I think will happen.

maybe he hasn't, but I feel happier than I did ref Souness and at least prepared to give him a chance, with of course the proviso that if he starts to look like he is losing the plot that he will be trashed, which is what should happen.

I've seen this sort of thing before Renton, not many people wanted Arthur Cox - for instance - but good judgement, hard work and good spending with the club coming first can be a good recipe to rebuild stability and the signs are that the players are playing for him, the shape of the team has improved a lot and Martins in particular looks like he may be coming good and when the signings perform it always helps. I only want him to succeed, like you do, because its NUFC. To be honest, I'm not that bothered the club didn't get another big ego manager who put his ego before the club again, maybe Souness has pissed me off so much that I am happy with someone who will work hard for the club. Time will tell, at least Roeder is fairly intelligent too, unlike the last arsehole.