Real will not extend David Beckham's contract

Ted Maul

Guest stevieintoon

the top earners were only allowed to earn £200,000 a year, which is fuck all, some people on here probably earn that

Gemmill.

As a ginger accounts assistant?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats the thing about beckham. its all hype. and self indulgence.

this is the man that cost us getting further in the world cup 2002, 1998, and by 06 it was clear his best days were past him. he also didn't perform in the champions league final when he played in it.

now that he's approaching the end of his career, if i were him i'd look back and think i could have done more if i would have thought a bit more and not been so terribly selfish.

<_< Now now ladies.

Bit disappointed that he's going there tbh, but can you imagine the endorsement money for him over there. He'll be one of the faces of Adidas in the US now which is a massive market, and he'll be on Pepsi/Coke ads and all sorts you would think. Massive money move for him, and he'll be set up in a nice pad in the Hollywood hills or Malibu or whatever. Plus his silly cow of a wife is doing some fashion work over there and they can pop round to Tom and Katie's for tea and all that.

the top earners were only allowed to earn £200,000 a year, which is fuck all, some people on here probably earn that

Gemmill.

As a ginger accounts assistant?

Now now Steven, don't be silly. Qualified chartered accountant, my knuckle dragging chum. <_<

Guest stevieintoon

this is the man that cost us getting further in the world cup 2002, 1998, and by 06 it was clear his best days were past him. he also didn't perform in the champions league final when he played in it.

now that he's approaching the end of his career, if i were him i'd look back and think i could have done more if i would have thought a bit more and not been so terribly selfish.

£400,000 a week. Fucking incredible. £400,000 a week. I can't believe it. Wor Jackie coming off his miners shift in the morning then over to the toon to play for Newcastle to make ends meet and this huckle is going to be on £400,000 a week.

Edited by stevieintoon

Personally I think you clearly don't like the bloke, and it's coming across in everything you've got to say about him. I think he's one of the few of the recent England crop that's been genuinely proud to play for and captain his country, and with the exception of that one bottled challenge against Brazil, he's always done his best for them.

Won plenty of trophies at Man United an'all. There's plenty players would fucking LOVE to look back on a career like David Beckham's, and yet you think he should look back with embarrassment on it?!

Guest stevieintoon

Personally I think you clearly don't like the bloke, and it's coming across in everything you've got to say about him. I think he's one of the few of the recent England crop that's been genuinely proud to play for and captain his country, and with the exception of that one bottled challenge against Brazil, he's always done his best for them.

Won plenty of trophies at Man United an'all. There's plenty players would fucking LOVE to look back on a career like David Beckham's, and yet you think he should look back with embarrassment on it?!

£25.6m a year Beckham will earn. He'll probably want to retain his "image rights" as well the greedy cunt.

Beckham is a posing tosser and the way he goes about gets on my tits, but theres no denying he's been a class footballer. Not seen much of him at Madrid really, but at Man Utd he was superb. I remember specifically the season Van Nistelrooy scored about 40, Beckham put pretty much each goal on a plate for him.

I'd certainly never accuse him of not trying for England, think he was as passionate as he could have been.

Gemmill just fancies him though. <_<

£25.6m a year Beckham will earn. He'll probably want to retain his "image rights" as well the greedy cunt.

aye probably 100%

Where's that figure coming from like? I doubt if they're paying him that much that he'll be getting image rights as well, or they'll have no hope of making a profit on him. Where did you come up with the figure though - doesn't sound right, seen as that sounds like more than the big baseball, basketball and NFL players can earn in a year.

I wish the lad all the best, haven't been a fan of him for some years now and in particular the fact he didn't deserve his place for England for some years now but was only playing due to him being Sven's lad if you will. Although you can't deny he never gave his all for England, I can't say I agree with the way he goes about with all his image shit and everything like that but if all that was on offer for all of us who'd say we wouldn't be the same?

Wouldn't be suprised if we make an offer though FS is a businessman so will probably do it for the shirt sales, are beckham and owen still gods in asia

Beckham is I think. Didn't know Owen ever was. And can I be the first to say: Posh wouldn't be seen dead in the Metro Centre <_<

Beckham won't come to the toon in a million years, can you imagine Posh and Becks on the lash doon the Bigg market on a satda neet.

Well fair play to him if those figures are correct. They wouldn't pay him if they didn't think he was worth it. There'll be a fair few other players taking the yankee dollar if that's the sort of money this lifting of the pay cap is going to free up.

I think this is great tbh! Big fan of the MLS, and Beckham going to the Galaxy, it will be great for the whole league. Although i'm not the biggest Beckham fan, it will be fascinating to see how he will do over there, as he is the first big name player to go there when still arguably in his prime (just about).

Will be a long season for him though, if he's joining them straight after la Liga finishes. Don't think we'll ever see him play for England ever again though.

Guest stevieintoon

Where's that figure coming from like? I doubt if they're paying him that much that he'll be getting image rights as well, or they'll have no hope of making a profit on him. Where did you come up with the figure though - doesn't sound right, seen as that sounds like more than the big baseball, basketball and NFL players can earn in a year.

Reuters, AEG officials, and Talksport.

If this is true Beckham will take home after tax, £318,000 a week.

I think Beckham will be bigger in America than Best, Pele and Beckenbauer in the 70's, he fits the American ideology of an icon fantastically, good looking, wears pathetic clothes, famous and brain dead

Tbf this deal will more than double his current wealth, an offer of that size would be incredibly hard to turn down.

He'd have had to have been even thicker than he is to turn this down tbh. I'd have been there like a shot. What's not to like about the deal - fantastic money, glamorous city with amazing houses for someone that can afford them, great weather, living on the coast, he can send his kids to some tarty private LA academy school, and perhaps most importantly a significantly lower standard of football to make him look like one of the big stars again. Perfect. Although I think he'll be shocked at the drop in standard from the Premiership and la Liga.