25g/1oz demerara sugar

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1 (8-ounce) container sour cream

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 cup non-dairy whipped topping

1 Crunchie bar

Grated chocolate

1. Lightly grease a 23cm/9inch loose-bottomed round cake tin. Cut a strip of non-stick baking parchment to fit around the sides of the tin, fold the bottom edge of the strip up by about 2.5cm/1inch creasing it firmly, then open out the fold and cut slanting lines into this narrow strip at intervals. Fit this into the greased tin with the snipped edge in the base of the tin and put a circle of non-stick baking parchment on top.

2. Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3.

3. Put the digestive biscuits into a polythene bag and crush the biscuits with a rolling pin. Melt the butter in a medium pan; add the crushed biscuits and demerara sugar.

4. Mix well, spread over the base of the tin and press firmly with the back of a metal spoon. Leave in a cool place to set whilst mixing the cheesecake. Whip up the Cheesecake Filling according to the directions.

5. For the cheesecake, measure the butter, sugar, cheese, flour, lemon rind and juice and egg yolks into a large bowl and beat well until smooth.

6. Fold the lightly whipped double cream into the mixture using a plastic spatula or large metal spoon.

7. Whisk the egg whites with a hand held electric mixer until stiff but not dry and fold into the mixture.

8. Roughly chop up 1 crunchie bar and place into the cheesecake filling. Pour on to the biscuit base and gently level the surface with a plastic spatula.

9. Bake in the preheated oven for about 1/1¼ hours or until set.

10. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside for a further one hour to cool.

11. Run a small palette knife around the edge of the tin to loosen the cheesecake then push the base up through the cake tin.

12. Remove the side paper and put the cheesecake on to a serving plate.

13. Spread the lightly whipped cream in the dip of the cheesecake and scatter the grated chocolate just prior to serving.

<_<

What I dont understand is, why has Fish got a picture of a lemon drizzle cake with a recipe for cheesecake?

Oh and what the hell are you doing up Cath? Thought you were off work for the weekend?

Fell asleep on the settee for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon when I'd intended staying up all day. Completely fucked up my sleeping once again. My mission is to now to not randomly fall asleep today and go to bed as normal tonight. We'll see :razz:

Why is Scott up when he's taken the day off work actually? <_<

EDIT

And I have poorly backache. Sympathy please :razz:

Edited by catmag

Im assuming that when you're a finally honed athlete such as Scotty then the body gets into a regime, hes probably having one of those egg based drinks as we speak before heading off on his daily 5 mile jog.

Or more likely the amount of chocolate he consumed yesterday meant he couldnt kip last night.

EDIT: Sorry to hear bout the backache what you been upto????

Woke up at 4:45 on my day off. Now normally if I do this on a work day, I can look at the clock and think balls to that and go back to sleep. But for some reason when I'm on holiday I look at it and think "YOU'RE ON HOLIDAY. BE WIDE AWAKE!".

And so here I am, wide awake. <_<

Woke up at 4:45 on my day off. Now normally if I do this on a work day, I can look at the clock and think balls to that and go back to sleep. But for some reason when I'm on holiday I look at it and think "YOU'RE ON HOLIDAY. BE WIDE AWAKE!".

And so here I am, wide awake. :razz:

<_<

Cricket is great viewing, packed MCG and England making a fight of a game when at one stage i thought this is going to be drab. So cracking stuff all round plus i finished another uni course today so it is sexy times indeed.

Oh and im wide awake....

And im eating Princess cake... although im a bloke so it probably should be renamed to Bloke Cake...

princess_cake_slice.jpg

Edit: England up shit creek again and the curse of the wicketkeepers continues. Nixon out for a duck.

Edited by wellsy

Got my final exam from 10am-1pm.

So the net few hours are going to be spent reading over lecture notes, the lunch with coursemates and the rest of the evening/night haning out with some mates, it was one of thems 21st last week but could not make it due to studying so i owe him a drink or two.

Got my final exam from 10am-1pm.

So the net few hours are going to be spent reading over lecture notes, the lunch with coursemates and the rest of the evening/night haning out with some mates, it was one of thems 21st last week but could not make it due to studying so i owe him a drink or two.

Hope it goes okay, Kevin <_<

What I dont understand is, why has Fish got a picture of a lemon drizzle cake with a recipe for cheesecake?

Knowing Fish, the drizzle cake will be for starters <_<

Best thing about Friday up here in Jockland is that it's Recruitment supplement day in The Scotsman newspaper and the prospect of career salvation teases me until the moment I've read through cover to cover only to realise that I am trapped in my insufferable job for eternity. <_<

Still, those brief moments browsing the pages of the Recruitment section provide some comfort, however temporary.

Project management blokey at work just gave me a minor heart attack by sending me the best part of two days' work to be completed by the end of today... then casually wrote back ten minutes later saying "oh, sorry, I meant 5pm on Monday".

*turns espresso machine off again*

Now, Friday...

crunchiep.jpg:o

cake.jpg

Ingredients

For the base

75g/3oz digestive biscuits

40g/1½oz butter

25g/1oz demerara sugar

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1 (8-ounce) container sour cream

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 cup non-dairy whipped topping

1 Crunchie bar

Grated chocolate

1. Lightly grease a 23cm/9inch loose-bottomed round cake tin. Cut a strip of non-stick baking parchment to fit around the sides of the tin, fold the bottom edge of the strip up by about 2.5cm/1inch creasing it firmly, then open out the fold and cut slanting lines into this narrow strip at intervals. Fit this into the greased tin with the snipped edge in the base of the tin and put a circle of non-stick baking parchment on top.

2. Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3.

3. Put the digestive biscuits into a polythene bag and crush the biscuits with a rolling pin. Melt the butter in a medium pan; add the crushed biscuits and demerara sugar.

4. Mix well, spread over the base of the tin and press firmly with the back of a metal spoon. Leave in a cool place to set whilst mixing the cheesecake. Whip up the Cheesecake Filling according to the directions.

5. For the cheesecake, measure the butter, sugar, cheese, flour, lemon rind and juice and egg yolks into a large bowl and beat well until smooth.

6. Fold the lightly whipped double cream into the mixture using a plastic spatula or large metal spoon.

7. Whisk the egg whites with a hand held electric mixer until stiff but not dry and fold into the mixture.

8. Roughly chop up 1 crunchie bar and place into the cheesecake filling. Pour on to the biscuit base and gently level the surface with a plastic spatula.

9. Bake in the preheated oven for about 1/1¼ hours or until set.

10. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside for a further one hour to cool.

11. Run a small palette knife around the edge of the tin to loosen the cheesecake then push the base up through the cake tin.

12. Remove the side paper and put the cheesecake on to a serving plate.

13. Spread the lightly whipped cream in the dip of the cheesecake and scatter the grated chocolate just prior to serving.

;)

Looks like someones just plegmed (sp?) all over that cake.

Well I'm back at work. I was hoping that miraculously this place would have turned into a fabulous place to be for 12 hours per night, 4 nights per week, but I was wrong - it's still shit.