Cooking

Gemmill

Been a long ass 6 days working in a row, so tonight's tea was a meatball marinara. Homemade meatballs and sauce. There's linguine under all that somewhere.

nngs.jpg
Sauce simmered on the lowest setting for 8 hours. Velvelty. :)

You cruel cruel woman :(

Is that top one a toffee sponge?

Hi CT. No MF was correct, it's a steamed treacle pud. And I have to say it was bloody good. Made that awhile ago now, I'm trying different things. Yesterday's rich fruit cake has been fed with alcohol and is wrapped up and stored away...(out of hubbys reach)!

Today I'm going to make a lemon cake.

I've got flat mushrooms for tea, gonna stuff them with something and bake them. Haven't tried that before. I thought maybe cream cheese, garlic, spring onions, bits of bacon and sliced tomatoes.

I'm worried about your weight, TR. PM me a photo, stripped to the waist, and we'll talk.

:lol: Ello Bianca :boogie: Yes I must admit believe it or not I am eating pretty healthily and taking more exercise lol. But I love baking, there is my problem!

How are you all? Haven't been on here in ages, what's been happening?

Aye it's a bit quiet these days. No alex or manc-mag (both joined a commune for gay hippies), both of whom are a miss.

But aye no big dramas or anything. Hope all is well with you and the family.

Alittle embarrassed by this, but it was my first attempt at a white loaf. It wasn't bad, maybe alittle doughy inside. I think I proved it for too long the second time :unsure: Any regular bread makers here? PS. I don't have a bread making machine, don't see the point in that! Wanted to do it myself. I enjoyed it anyway, I'm going to make another over the weekend.

First attempt at a plain white loaf

Aye it's a bit quiet these days. No alex or manc-mag (both joined a commune for gay hippies), both of whom are a miss.

But aye no big dramas or anything. Hope all is well with you and the family.

No dramas? aw I'm disapointed. :( I was hoping for a major flounce or two! I thought alex would be back by now, that's a real shame. But why??

We're all fine here in beautiful Devon. Hubbys business is manic! Everyone is bike crazy here :jonas: My son has been doing well racing on the circuits, he's been on TV a few times too lol, his race series is shown on a Motors TV program called Last Lap.

My sister has been seriously poorly, I've been doing what I can. She seems alittle better now. But only weighs 5 stone, 3 pounds...so she needs my baking to fatten her up lol!

And I've left my job of 22 years....woop woop!! All change!

How have you been ? Is your heart thingy ok? x

Tell me when you're making tiger Bread then I'l listen :P

Ello JD. Mmmm, love that! But haven't got a recipe for that in my books :cry: I'll have to look one up. I'd love to make a Foccacia (sp) and some Soda bread. (Paul Hollywood has alot to answer for)!

Alittle embarrassed by this, but it was my first attempt at a white loaf. It wasn't bad, maybe alittle doughy inside. I think I proved it for too long the second time :unsure: Any regular bread makers here? PS. I don't have a bread making machine, don't see the point in that! Wanted to do it myself. I enjoyed it anyway, I'm going to make another over the weekend.

Great British Bake Off inspiring the nation again ;)

We've got a bread maker like. Use it most just for mixing pizza bases while I get on with chopping up toppings. The loafs it has done have been champion though.

Great British Bake Off inspiring the nation again ;)

We've got a bread maker like. Use it most just for mixing pizza bases while I get on with chopping up toppings. The loafs it has done have been champion though.

Hi HF. My mate swears by her bread maker. And, yes!! I love The Great British Bake Off. Though I've always enjoyed baking but now I've really got the bug lol. But Paul Hollywood's bread program got me hooked!

Edited by Toonraider

No dramas? aw I'm disapointed. :( I was hoping for a major flounce or two! I thought alex would be back by now, that's a real shame. But why??

We're all fine here in beautiful Devon. Hubbys business is manic! Everyone is bike crazy here :jonas: My son has been doing well racing on the circuits, he's been on TV a few times too lol, his race series is shown on a Motors TV program called Last Lap.

My sister has been seriously poorly, I've been doing what I can. She seems alittle better now. But only weighs 5 stone, 3 pounds...so she needs my baking to fatten her up lol!

And I've left my job of 22 years....woop woop!! All change!

How have you been ? Is your heart thingy ok? x

Yeah fine thanks. Moved house, loving the new place and no more health dramas, so things going well.

Sorry to hear about your sister, hope she's on the mend soon!

Oh and congrats on the job. I'm fucking sick of mine at the minute, but with a new bumper mortgage to contend with leaving isn't on the cards for me. Unless I nail the Euromillions tonight!

Hi CT. No MF was correct, it's a steamed treacle pud. And I have to say it was bloody good. Made that awhile ago now, I'm trying different things. Yesterday's rich fruit cake has been fed with alcohol and is wrapped up and stored away...(out of hubbys reach)!

Today I'm going to make a lemon cake.

I've got flat mushrooms for tea, gonna stuff them with something and bake them. Haven't tried that before. I thought maybe cream cheese, garlic, spring onions, bits of bacon and sliced tomatoes.

Yum yum!

You've inspired to have a go at some baking today as we've been rained off camping.

Are you all better now? I seemed to recall you had a mysterious illness they couldn't get to the bottom of???

Yum yum!

You've inspired to have a go at some baking today as we've been rained off camping.

Are you all better now? I seemed to recall you had a mysterious illness they couldn't get to the bottom of???

This baking thing is very addictive! Made another sponge last night!

Yes thanks CT, I am much better. Yeah back in July 2010 after a routine carpel tunnel op I had a seizure later the same day. From then on I became really poorly for about 5 months. I can't tell you how ill I was, I will never forget it or take things for granted again. They're still not sure if I had a small stroke or what type of seizure it was, it may have been from my BP dropping dangerously low. Then I went on to have pnemonia and a couple months later i had P.I.D and all sorts of really unpleasant symptoms, but despite loads of tests nothnig could explain what was really going on. I woke up gagging and nauseas for about 3 months and had no appetite. But gradually I just got better. My thyroid was and still is borderline and I have a couple things that come up in my blood not quite normal levels but they just keep an eye on that!

I'm just glad I feel ok now, how people cope day after day with illness and disease I will never know.