Cooking

Gemmill

Fuck off man. :lol:

The point I made badly was...

A. Does it make any difference using the coarse sea salt as opposed to the normal table sea salt.

B. Was also wondering whether there was a similar thing with a certain ground pepper being best for cooking.

As I was perusing such things I realised I might be being a little over fussy and the success or otherwise of this meal won't hinge on the size of my salt crystals :lol:

I've unsalted butter, but this receipe needs salted butter

can you buy that? or can i just add salt to the butter? if so how much salt do i add to the butter.

i can't have my meal until i get this buttered slice reicepe sorted :( HELP!!

Nice try, but "buttered slice recipe" is the one thing CT would never need to ask for help with. If anything he's the oracle we should all turn to in our time of carb need.

Fresh - that's how you like it
Fresh - that's how we bring it to you
Everyday you'll appreciate
The way we put our reputation on your table
With quality for you and me
It's got to be your North-Eastern Co-op food store
Fresh - that's how you like it
Fresh - that's how we bring it to you
Fresh!

:boogie:

Ok, I'm stupid!

The woman said "use the freshest Parmesan you can get" so I thought the aged stuff was not right. As in aged steak and fresh steak.

Never mind :)

Ziti Carbonara with Salami and Sage

Felino salami

Ziti pasta (had to use Penne)

Butter

Sage

Dried chilli

5 egg yolks

Splosh of cream

Grated "fresh" Parmesan

1/2 glass white wine

Salt and pepper

Olive oil

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Grated "fresh" Parmesan

I get the feeling you're still not convinced by the ins and outs of the cheese-making process. :razz: If you're using Elmlea instead of cream then you really shouldn't be worrying about the authenticity of your cheese, anyway.

Throw a few of those little green cocktail things over it...(not olives)...Forget the name of em...

Capers..Mega with any pasta.

I sometimes just have pasta with butter,olive oil, sun dried toms and capers...Monster!

Edited by Park Life

I get the feeling you're still not convinced by the ins and outs of the cheese-making process. :razz: If you're using Elmlea instead of cream then you really shouldn't be worrying about the authenticity of your cheese, anyway.

Ffs is elm lea not cream? :(

I was in a rush with a screaming child.

Ffs is elm lea not cream? :(

Seriously though - no, it's not, but I use it too where cream isn't the central element of a dish, i.e. most of the time. You might call it the cream equivalent of that Lazy Ginger stuff. ;)