Cooking

Gemmill

I'm sorry but on this occasion I'm not having the dessert!

This is a PREPACKED READY MEAL offering from Asda containing good leftover vegetables, lean,salty meat, all wrapped up in a delicious chemical soup for only 300 odd calories.I guarantee that these sslt riddled products will get my blood pressure sky high within weeks. So there.

Tidied

I'm sorry but on this occasion I'm not having the abuse!

This is a FRESH HEALTHY offering from Asda containing good wholesome vegetables, lean meat, all wrapped up in a delicious mustard sauce for only 300 odd calories.

I guarantee that these products will get me under 13 stone within weeks. So there.

They're loaded with salt, man.

Some days you just gotta stick a whole rack of ribs in the oven.

Today is one of those days. Using my all-purpose BBQ dry rub for this. :D

Made a nice salmon mousse at the restaurant - sold quite well today. Lightly poach some salmon fillets for 5 minutes in half and half water & milk, a bay leaf, cayenne pepper, salt and dill. Blend with some tartare sauce and thin it with the poaching liquid until it's smooth. Chill overnight so it's set.

I've hoyed 3 different cold specials on because fuck cooking things to order when it's 30 degrees outside and I'm stuck on hot side all week!

Lunch was a forearm-sized burrito so I made a very low-fat dinner tonight:

Summer Turkey Stew (enough for 3)

350g turkey breast

1 small sweet potato (small dice)

3 carrots (small dice)

1 leek

400ml chicken stock

Splash noily prat/dry vermouth

Handful frozen peas and edamame beans (you can use fresh if you fancy, but they're bloody lovely. Asda do them.)

Spices (1tsp paprika, 1tsp mixed herbs, 1tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp crushed chillies, 1/2 tsp black pepper, pinch of chinese 5 spice)

1 tbsp ketchup

In a large casserole dish, sweat the leek, carrots and sweet potato together.

After 5 minutes, add the turkey and cook just until no pink is showing. Add the spices and stir well.

Add in the noily prat and the ketchup, then pour in the chicken stock.

Cover and turn the heat right down. Let it simmer very gently for 35 minutes.

Served this with green beans and sliced, steamed new potatoes.

For even less calories, use tomato puree instead of ketchup and omit the vermouth...but don't really do that. :thumbup:

Indonesian prawn and green bean curry:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1632646/indonesian-prawn-and-green-bean-curry

Made this tonight (with a tablespoon of fish sauce instead of the shrimp paste). Absolutely spot on. Very saucy, so serve it in a bowl with plenty of jasmine rice = perfection. :good:

Been doing a lot of prawn lately: Black bean, Rogan Josh, Ginger and lemograss. Summer is the best time when chopping and cooking bits of meat just seems ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...

Look online for sugar free recipes. I found a really good one that was just fruit and honey and the jam was class.

If you don't you'll be putting in more sugar than fruit, and its thoroughly unhealthy.

had a dinner party curry night on saturday. made 4 curries in total, plus homemade samosas (fucking impossible getting them triangular) plus sweet potato kebabs.

the highlight though was definitely this dahl makhani - http://chefinyou.com/2011/02/dal-makhani/

can't recommend it highly enough. not one for those watching their waistline with the amount of butter and cream in it but absolutely delicious.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Look online for sugar free recipes. I found a really good one that was just fruit and honey and the jam was class.

If you don't you'll be putting in more sugar than fruit, and its thoroughly unhealthy.

Nice tip, back to google I go.