Lauren rejects Newcastle + todays gossip

smoggeordie

Tottenham have joined Juventus and Valencia in the race to sign Manchester United's Gabriel Heinze. (Various)

Manchester City have moved into pole position in the race to sign striker Kepa Blanco from Sevilla. (Times)

Hang on. Elsewhere, Charlton are set to win the race for the 23-year-old. (Sun)

And West Ham have stated an interest in the much-wanted Spaniard. (Mail)

West Ham have offered £4m for Matthew Upson. Birmingham want £8m. (Various)

Fulham have been put off by Charlton's £14m valuation of Darren Bent. (Times)

Dennis Rommedahl has told Charlton he will move to FC Copenhagen in the summer if the club go down. (Times)

Edgar Davids has knocked back Charlton's interest. (Independent)

Talks between the Addicks and Portsmouth over a swap deal involving Souleymane Diawara and Andy O'Brien have collapsed. (Mail)

And that has alerted Leeds who could end their search for a defensive replacement for Matthew Kilgallon with a move for O'Brien. (Times)

PSV Eindhoven have asked about signing Pompey's leading scorer Kanu. (Mail)

Portsmouth have joined the race to sign £3m rated Lyn Oslo striker Edu. The Nigerian had a trial at Wigan. (Mail)

Wigan are trying to tempt Fulham into freeing midfielder Papa Bouba Diop on loan with a view to a permanent deal in the summer. (Mail)

Arsenal full-back Lauren has turned down offers from Bolton and Newcastle. Portsmouth, Villarreal, West Ham and Sevilla remain in the chase. (Times)

Real Sociedad have asked the Gunners if they can take fit-again midfielder Abou Diaby on loan. (Mail)

Former Liverpool coach Gerard Houllier is interested in signing Milan Baros again, with the striker set for a move from Aston Villa to Lyon. (Times)

Striker Emile Mpenza is set for a move from Al Rayyan to Blackburn. (Times)

Emre will not be leaving Newcastle despite the allegations of racism against him and Bayern Munich's long-standing interest. (Times)

Chelsea are close to completing a £2m deal for Bolton's Tal Ben Haim. (Various)

Birminham's David Dunn will choose Bolton over former club Rovers, who came in with a late bid for the injury-prone midfielder. (Various)

shame; he would have been a good replacement for carr, and can do a job in midfield too.

that said, i think nobby's form has proven that we don't need a new right back as much as we need a new left back.

i don't mind carr as a reserve full back.

shame; he would have been a good replacement for carr, and can do a job in midfield too.

that said, i think nobby's form has proven that we don't need a new right back as much as we need a new left back.

i don't mind carr as a reserve full back.

Agreed. LB is the most pressing need.

Can we just accept that Fat Fred can't squeeze any more money out of the club and that we are not going to sign anyone.

Should read:

Can we just agree that Fat Fred won't give any more money out of the club and that we are not going to sign anyone but chances are he will still pay himself and the Hall's a rather large dividend from the club's funds, as soon as possible.

If Roeder can't sign a quality player then there is no point in throwing away good money. Wouldn't surprise me if Roeder is also turned off by foreigners who need a year or two to settle in if they ever do adjust to the premier league.

May as well keep the powder dry until the summer if he can't get the likes of Wayne Bridge now.

If Roeder can't sign a quality player then there is no point in throwing away good money. Wouldn't surprise me if Roeder is also turned off by foreigners who need a year or two to settle in if they ever do adjust to the premier league.

May as well keep the powder dry until the summer if he can't get the likes of Wayne Bridge now.

Which explains why his biggest ever signing in his career was a 21 year old Nigerian bought from Italy. :lol: