Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

199-6672779A69UC453361X.jpg

100 quid with mattress, bargain.

Wowser, where from mate? I'm in the market for a new bed.

Argoooooos. TBF the frame doesn't look that bad. The mattress will need chucking straight away though it will be shit at that price.

Any mattress under two hundred will be a dodgy roof rack waiting to happen.

Aye, it was from Argos. It's now £269, think it was a misprice but I've got an order confirmation from them for £100 so hopefully they'll honour that. If it turns out to be shite I'll throw it in the spare bedroom.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...t%3EHARDING.htm

SMO, if you're looking for a good deal then keep an eye on www.hotukdeals.com as any bargains will be posted on there.

Bastards just called me to tell me it was a misprice but they'll meet me halfway so £185, still a decent deal.

I thought if they (in effect) stickered it with that price, they have to sell it at the price advertised?

Nah, in a shop they can change a price until they swipe it and you hand over the money. With Argos they can change a misprice at any point up until the goods are delivered, it's in their terms and conditions so I haven't got much comeback.

Bastards just called me to tell me it was a misprice but they'll meet me halfway so £185, still a decent deal.

Hmm - I've had the call to arrange delivery (Friday) and not heard anything to say the price has changed?!