Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Is that the series 7? Got one and it's quality. First electric shaver I've had that actually does the job.

Aye. I love my Merkur but I can't be arsed with wet shaving anymore. Bought it after your recommendation on N-O actually. :)

You do right, 2J. Enjoy.

I've never had an electric shaver that hasn't cut me up to bits whilst leaving the area around my adam's apple looking like a badger's arse. When you spend £100 or whatever on a shaver, you'd think they'd do the job.

I went back to wet shaving with a Mach3 / Wilkenson sword protector and it was ok.

When those new ones came out with batteries I thought - wtf? Marketing stunt/gimmick etc.

I accidentally bought the wrong blades for my Wilkenson Sword a few months ago and after spending £10 on them I decided to go back and buy the razor to go with them - one of these (luckily it was on special too):

Wilkinson_Sword_Quattro_Titanium_Precision_size_10.jpg

Best razor I've ever owned. The little trimmer its great for neatening up sideburns etc and the single blade bit it good for edging and under your nose.

Dont bother with an electric one now.

blackberry-bold-9700-onyx-image.jpg

is that the 9700 and is it any good? Hoping to get one through work and wondering how you are finding it. I believe you liked the last bold very much.

Its the dogs bollocks.

I have an iphone through my work and whilst it is great for apps and as a portable media system I just found myself continuing to use my Bold and use the iphone for the net, listening to music etc. I know more and more people are using iphones through their work for emails etc but I am just so used to the Blackberry keyboard and the touch screen IMO was shit for this.

I actually only got it as Orange begged me to stay when I tried to cancel my contract and gave me a HTC Hero for a tenner a month, so I stuck that on ebay and sent my old Bold to Mazuma and picked the Bold 9700 on ebay.

The work will still be paying for my iphone, bonus considering all I am going to use it for is to go on the net and play games :lol:

Gonna be on night shifts fora while and so I'm looking for a Laptop, on which to watch DVD's, surf the web and play Football Manager...

Any suggestions?

How much you looking to spend?

Well that's the thing, I reckon under £300 would be ace, but am aware that it's more likely I will have to spend over if I want a decent spec machine.

Its the dogs bollocks.

I have an iphone through my work and whilst it is great for apps and as a portable media system I just found myself continuing to use my Bold and use the iphone for the net, listening to music etc. I know more and more people are using iphones through their work for emails etc but I am just so used to the Blackberry keyboard and the touch screen IMO was shit for this.

I actually only got it as Orange begged me to stay when I tried to cancel my contract and gave me a HTC Hero for a tenner a month, so I stuck that on ebay and sent my old Bold to Mazuma and picked the Bold 9700 on ebay.

The work will still be paying for my iphone, bonus considering all I am going to use it for is to go on the net and play games ;)

Cheers for the info. That’s the answer I was looking for. :D

Gonna be on night shifts fora while and so I'm looking for a Laptop, on which to watch DVD's, surf the web and play Football Manager...

Any suggestions?

I find it best not to rush out and get what's available now. Best keep an aye on the deals and wait till thhere's a particularly good one...

Just keep an eye on hotukdeals and jump on anything you can afford that's generating good heat.

For example, if you can pay another hundred....

Samsung laptop, 3 year warranty, 3 yr AVG licence, Free Bag & mouse £399.99 @ Argos

Samsung R519 15.6in Widescreen Laptop.

* Free 3-Year Collect & return Pre-Registered Warranty - direct from Samsung not Argos!

(Argos 3 year warranty is usually £174.99)

* Free 3-Year Pre-Registered AVG Internet Security.

(worth £99.98 = 39.99 for 1 year & £59.99 for 2 year)

* Free Samsung Pleomax Laptop Bag and mouse

(worth £39.99 - Must be added to order separately)

* Intel Pentium dual core T4300 processor.

* 2.1GHz processor speed.

* 4GB DDR2 RAM.

* 15.6in screen size.

* Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels.

* 250GB SATA hard drive.

* Multi format dual layer drive.

* Intel GMA X4500M graphics.

* Multi card reader.

* 3 USB ports.

* 0.3MP webcam.

* 802.11 b/g/n wireless enabled.

* Windows 7 Premium operating system installed.

* Weight 2.6kg.

* Glossy black finish.

508/2432 for the laptop

508/2975 for the bag/mouse

Available in store or delivery (1.5% quidco on delivery only but this is subject to delivery charge)

Be careful if comparing with other stores selling, as there are different processor and memory variations under the same laptop model number so make sure to compare like for like.

I also found the AVG suite wasn't preregistered, I had to download it from a specific AVG link and use the supplied registration key that was stuck on the outside of the box.

So taking £314.96 of free stuff included you could say this was a laptop for just £85.03
;)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/594290/sams...r-warranty-3-yr

Edited by Happy Face

Any suggestions?

I find it best not to rush out and get what's available now. Best keep an aye on the deals and wait till thhere's a particularly good one...

Just keep an eye on hotukdeals and jump on anything you can afford that's generating good heat.

For example, if you can pay another hundred....

Samsung laptop, 3 year warranty, 3 yr AVG licence, Free Bag & mouse £399.99 @ Argos

Samsung R519 15.6in Widescreen Laptop.

* Free 3-Year Collect & return Pre-Registered Warranty - direct from Samsung not Argos!

(Argos 3 year warranty is usually £174.99)

* Free 3-Year Pre-Registered AVG Internet Security.

(worth £99.98 = 39.99 for 1 year & £59.99 for 2 year)

* Free Samsung Pleomax Laptop Bag and mouse

(worth £39.99 - Must be added to order separately)

* Intel Pentium dual core T4300 processor.

* 2.1GHz processor speed.

* 4GB DDR2 RAM.

* 15.6in screen size.

* Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels.

* 250GB SATA hard drive.

* Multi format dual layer drive.

* Intel GMA X4500M graphics.

* Multi card reader.

* 3 USB ports.

* 0.3MP webcam.

* 802.11 b/g/n wireless enabled.

* Windows 7 Premium operating system installed.

* Weight 2.6kg.

* Glossy black finish.

508/2432 for the laptop

508/2975 for the bag/mouse

Available in store or delivery (1.5% quidco on delivery only but this is subject to delivery charge)

Be careful if comparing with other stores selling, as there are different processor and memory variations under the same laptop model number so make sure to compare like for like.

I also found the AVG suite wasn't preregistered, I had to download it from a specific AVG link and use the supplied registration key that was stuck on the outside of the box.

So taking £314.96 of free stuff included you could say this was a laptop for just £85.03
:D

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/594290/sams...r-warranty-3-yr

Cheers mate I'll have a look on this site ;)

Any suggestions?

Whatever you do, stay away from Acer. THey are cheaper than many (not the cheapest) and you get more bang for your buck; but at a price.

I have an Acer laptop and it's been nothing but trouble. I'm trying to finish a project before I send it back to be repaired for the 3rd time in 2 years.

Bag of shit.