Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

A bottle of 17 y.o. Bladnoch Sherry matured and a Bladnoch bottling of a 25 y.o. Caol Ila whisky. Nee one tell wor lass.

That's this months mortgage payment gone isn't it ;)

Not quite although it's more the fact she already thinks I'm a plonky :icon_lol:

A plonky with discernible tastes :icon_lol:

A bottle of 17 y.o. Bladnoch Sherry matured and a Bladnoch bottling of a 25 y.o. Caol Ila whisky. Nee one tell wor lass.

That's this months mortgage payment gone isn't it ;)

Not quite although it's more the fact she already thinks I'm a plonky :icon_lol:

Can I be rude and ask how much? I recently got a bottle from the year I was born (81) at a distillery in scotland. Was toying with the idea of hoying it on ebay..

£45 for the Caol Ila and £37.80 for the Bladnoch plus £10 postage. That's with a discount for forum members (discount varies but I got £20 off the Caol Ila one). That sounds like a lot of money perhaps but it's actually 'cheap' because it's an independent bottling, i.e. Bladnoch bought the Caol Ila cask then bottled it themselves. If you bought something like a 25 y.o. Caol Ila from the distillery itself it would over £100. Definitely. Btw, what are you looking to sell? I might be interested.

La Maison du Whisky bottle their own, 44 euros for the 'Peatbull' :icon_lol: Not tried it.

Was interested in their Gordon & Macphail's range but the prices vary massively. Wasnt sure how to get value out of the purchase, some of them are mad pricey. Was interested in this one, am popping down to the shop tomo so any advice would be appreciated.

http://www.whisky.fr/produit-14630-strathi...hail-40-yo.html

40 years old, aged in Sherry butts. :D

11070-080710115943-639015099.jpg

159250_633717744514375000-639015099.jpg

143970-639015099.jpg

143970-639015099.jpg

161353_5032307675129-639015099.jpg

158952_5032307673439-639015099.jpg

aaaand a few consumables and bits, gas and such

gunna try and get off to the lakes this weekend with the GF

I take it the pumps for when you need to top her up a bit :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

you ever tried blowing up a double mattress without something like that?

Dont be daft, he would get his lass to do it like a normal bloke.

I considered it but shes that damn small it would take 3 days before I had a bed to sleep on

;)

I considered it but shes that damn small it would take 3 days before I had a bed to sleep on

Bet she is full of hot air though. :icon_lol:

11070-080710115943-639015099.jpg

159250_633717744514375000-639015099.jpg

143970-639015099.jpg

143970-639015099.jpg

161353_5032307675129-639015099.jpg

158952_5032307673439-639015099.jpg

aaaand a few consumables and bits, gas and such

gunna try and get off to the lakes this weekend with the GF

You planning on camping at the lakes or staying in hotel near by?

P.S - If your comment wasn't supposed to be sarcastic I mean the one you're planning on going to :icon_lol:

we'll not be camping at a lake no, LD is all about the fells for me, we'll hopefully be staying nearish to keswick since we're planning to go up skiddaw but since most sites seem to be first come first serve we're just going to head up with a list of sites and try to get a pitch at one of them

P.S - If your comment wasn't supposed to be sarcastic I mean the one you're planning on going to :icon_lol:

we'll not be camping at a lake no, LD is all about the fells for me, we'll hopefully be staying nearish to keswick since we're planning to go up skiddaw but since most sites seem to be first come first serve we're just going to head up with a list of sites and try to get a pitch at one of them

By that comment I guess that lots of people camp in that skiddaw area?

By that comment I guess that lots of people camp in that skiddaw area?

well Keswick, which is a lovely place, is right at the base of skiddaw and there are campsites and hostels and B&Bs and such by the dozen around there since its a good spot in the LD for quite a lot of great walks but we're going for, hopefully, a nice site which might fill up since its family holiday time and the weather has fined up after a few weeks of crap

Got myself a Canon 550D! Bought it in Malaysia for £650, which seems like a great deal bearing in mind the cheapest I've found it elsewhere was around the 700-750 mark. I'm still learning all the ins and outs of it, but have still managed to get some great snaps:

34546_1444238278992_1624170005_1029607_2653907_n.jpg

dogsayshi.jpg