Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

thats about 150 miles from where I live

think I'll stick to our site :(

Airsoft just seems odd to me, is it not a lot more risky than the likes of paintball? using pellet guns etc.

Remember getting shot point blank with one of the things when i was a kid, went right through my jeans and buried itself in my leg.

how can ya be put out of a match and such

its no riskier than paintball, the only proper injury I've seen while doing it was someone trying to light a det and the fuse inner lighting and blowing up in his hand without seeming to be lit and even then it was just a case of bruised hands and slight shock

getting shot pointblank will draw blood if you're got no protection on, in the face or whatever but there are rules just like there are in paintball, if you catch someone point blank dont pull the trigger, shout "bang".

as for getting out of a match, you get hit and you put your hand up and say "hit" then get out of the way

I took someone by surprise the first time I ever went and got shot in the face from about 5m away, that stung and made me bleed a little but thats the worst you can expect tbh

thats about 150 miles from where I live

think I'll stick to our site :razz:

Airsoft just seems odd to me, is it not a lot more risky than the likes of paintball? using pellet guns etc.

Remember getting shot point blank with one of the things when i was a kid, went right through my jeans and buried itself in my leg.

how can ya be put out of a match and such

its no riskier than paintball, the only proper injury I've seen while doing it was someone trying to light a det and the fuse inner lighting and blowing up in his hand without seeming to be lit and even then it was just a case of bruised hands and slight shock

getting shot pointblank will draw blood if you're got no protection on, in the face or whatever but there are rules just like there are in paintball, if you catch someone point blank dont pull the trigger, shout "bang".

as for getting out of a match, you get hit and you put your hand up and say "hit" then get out of the way

I took someone by surprise the first time I ever went and got shot in the face from about 5m away, that stung and made me bleed a little but thats the worst you can expect tbh

I take it there not like the bearings you'd have for those bb/pellet guns normally then but a more light weight/plastic variation

must admit the guns look considerably better than paintballs, was having a nosey at some sites there with mini-guns and snipe rifles etc.

Had to do the outdoor lazer tag stuff for work before and that was great craic, guns work really well and the sight for it is like something outta call of duty,

thats one of my favourite things about it to be honest, the pellets are usually 0.2g 6mm plastic bbs, they sting at most reasonable ranges but dont do any damage

the miniguns are proper crap actually but the snipers(like the one I got up there^) are ace, got scope and such on the way too, when its all tarted up it will look awesome

the club was sort of dying out over the last few months, only ever the same 15 or so people at most coming so we've brought in a few new people to the organisers (like me :unsure:) and we're starting to turn it around, got a second site which we're going to use every other game date so we've got our old woodland/valley site and now a big quarry which is really cool.

a pump for my bike.

Gave it a right good pumping tonight so it can take my weight now...

Did about 8 miles or so tonight. did 14 Saturday morning.

regular_2009newcastleawayshirt.jpg

with Ameobi 23 on the back for £15 from JJB.

Over the moon! :icon_lol:

I wouldn't care about this buy if it wasn't yellow, adidas and had ameobi on the back ;)

and £6 for these...

37079190_l.jpg

Tom - did you actually buy those from Sports Direct? ;)

and £6 for these...

37079190_l.jpg

Tom - did you actually buy those from Sports Direct? ;)

Yes Jonny, he bought those from Sports Direct ;)

I've got a £35 credit note for Sports Direct sat in a draw at home.

It'll expire soon.

How should I proceed?

Credit note means they have your money, and you have no goods. So go and get your goods.

I've got a £35 credit note for Sports Direct sat in a draw at home.

It'll expire soon.

How should I proceed?

Credit note means they have your money, and you have no goods. So go and get your goods.

That'll do me.

I'd use it to get a free strip when they come out...if they weren't crepe paper pieces of shit.