Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

SKODA!!

Nah they are supposed to be pretty good these days aren't they? VW engine?

Vw everything iirc. The fabia is essentially a golf in a skoda skin isn't it? Same running gear and everything. Theyre even built in the same factory I believe.

Yeah that's what I thought, a woman at work has ordered a new Skoda and her mate (50 years old) keeps coming over with Skoda jokes, it's pissing me off so I don't know how annoyed she is getting with it.

Didn't know if it was customary to buy the Bride and Groom presents if you're the best man, but I figured better safe than sorry, so I got:

Hand made leather laptop bag/thing for my mate for his wedding gift and a copy of Dream Catcher because he hates it.

Bottle of Lola by Marc Jacobs for the bride.

That's all right isn't it?

Yeah I think that sounds fine. To be honest, I would have just probably given them cash, so the fact that you've actually bought them separate individual presents is probably a nicer touch.

Plus when they get divorced, they won't have to split a joint gift :lol:

Always two steps ahead, me.

Vw everything iirc. The fabia is essentially a golf in a skoda skin isn't it? Same running gear and everything. Theyre even built in the same factory I believe.

Polo. The Fabia, Seat Ibiza and new little Audi (A1?) are all re-badged Polo's

The Skoda Octavia, Seat Leon and A3 are all Golfs underneath.

The Octavia is the A4 / Passat isn't it? I know the A3 /Golf & Leon are all basically the same car (The Sharan is a Golf Plus too IIRC) but the Octavia is then next class up I'm sure.

Having said that, I dont own one so I could be wrong. They just look that size.

The Octavia is the A4 / Passat isn't it? I know the A3 /Golf & Leon are all basically the same car (The Sharan is a Golf Plus too IIRC) but the Octavia is then next class up I'm sure.

Having said that, I dont own one so I could be wrong. They just look that size.

The Skoda Superb platform-shares with the Passat and A4.

The Octavia does look bigger than the other three though, I think it has a bigger rear overhang (the boot is massive).

If you're ever in an Octavia you'll notice that the switches and vents are all in exactly the same position as the Golf (and the A3 & Leon). The wiring looms and hoses behind the dash must all be exactly the same, they just put a nicer fascia on if you spend more.

en-US111_Xbox360_Fallout_New_Vegas_29G-00012.png

Should be here on friday.

very tempted. However with Fifa just out and Football Manager next month I'll wait till its down in price. Getting good reviews.

I'm all prepared. Got the cash for this, Fable 3 and FM 2011 waiting. Then I saw the trailer for Assasins Creed :):icon_lol: