Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

How many guitars do you own Kieth? Must be building up quite a collection.

more guitars than led zeppelin that lad. :icon_lol:

IbanezJS-100.JPG

elec_open.jpg

Case was £70 & guitar was £480

Got home and played it properly tonight.

Superb whammy madness :rolleyes:

gonna get some Dimarzios to stick on it next :)

Yeah, they'll fatten up the sound a fair bit. I found Ibanez to be a bit like a Gretsch in that they were both very tinny sounding (more so the Gretsch). The Ibanez' seem to have a bit more attack to them and the Dimarzio's will add a bit more grunt. Are you replacing them all or just the bridge pickup? Dual Coil bridge pickup and keep the neck as it is?

Edit: All this talk of Whammy madness and I've had to put Surfing with the Alien on - a live version at that. Satch sure knows how to bend a harmonic :)

Luckyluke :

Ive just sold a few guitars and a drum kit so not so many now!

Ive got 5 guitars and a bass at the moment.

Though ive probably been through about 25 over the years....

Maggiespaws:

T

How many guitars do you own Kieth? Must be building up quite a collection.

more guitars than led zeppelin that lad. :icon_lol:

IbanezJS-100.JPG

elec_open.jpg

Case was £70 & guitar was £480

Got home and played it properly tonight.

Superb whammy madness :rolleyes:

gonna get some Dimarzios to stick on it next :)

Yeah, they'll fatten up the sound a fair bit. I found Ibanez to be a bit like a Gretsch in that they were both very tinny sounding (more so the Gretsch). The Ibanez' seem to have a bit more attack to them and the Dimarzio's will add a bit more grunt. Are you replacing them all or just the bridge pickup? Dual Coil bridge pickup and keep the neck as it is?

Edit: All this talk of Whammy madness and I've had to put Surfing with the Alien on - a live version at that. Satch sure knows how to bend a harmonic :)

Luckyluke :

Maggiespaws:

The stock pickups are of a very high standard.

They really make it squeal, plus its good for blues/classic rock too.

Its a very bassey guitar strangely!!

Loving it so far though!!

Streetfighter 3 for my arcade cabinet and The Shield 1 to 5 series box set. £35 on ebay

shield-new1.jpg

Good choice dude, best tv show ever in my opinion.

I almost forgot, just bought this 12MP beast.

stockItemMainImage1.jpg

Bought an 8GB SDHC card for it too :icon_lol:

It took the picture I posted of us all in our shirts. I've just bought one of those portable photo printers too. It's an HP but I cant remember the model. Canny though. I recommend getting heavy stock paper to get the best results like.

Edited by maggiespaws

[Luckyluke :

Impressive. Gonna have another bash at learning the guitar when I finish my finals (if only to cheer myself up when I get the results!).

[Luckyluke :

Impressive. Gonna have another bash at learning the guitar when I finish my finals (if only to cheer myself up when I get the results!).

Go for it :rolleyes:

Allways something to do!

Plus youl get some awesome guitars on a doctors wage :icon_lol:

Went shoping in Cheltenham on Saturday, bought quite a few xmas pressies there (girly things) Today I have just bought a water pump for a kettle (Suzuki GT750) off ebay, £135 :( Its for hubby for xmas, but I have to say....what a waste of money!!! :)

Tonraider

How ya doing ,not seen you around for a while.. kettle eh i used to have one and after that i got Kawasaki Z900

my Dad still has his 1980,s Honda CBX 6 cylinder in garage,and a Laverda Jota.. good bikes are the old ones..

Hiya Hank.

Im fina ta, a CBX? I remember them! Yeah I think hubby is going through his second childhood, we always used to have bikes years ago, hubby likes GT's. we had a GT500 lowrider he built, I think he's going to 'chop' this kettle too! He's also got an Enfield, 94... looks very old style, I like that to chug around on making loads of noise!!! (He runs the workshop in a motorcycle shop, so its easy to have bikes) Its amazing how much his kettle is worth :) he could put it on ebay and sell it as it is now for around £2000 :( Have you still got your Z900? Nice bike....just be careful on it mind!

Toonraider

btw i,m StevieH84 they keep banning me so i have to rejoin ,keeps them on their toes lol..

nah i swapped that[Z9] for a car ,then a few years later got a XS100,sold that and bought a GSXR 750

it got nicked so got money and bought car,dad still has his 2 garaged up and looking like new.

i allways loved the noise of the Kettle and the KH Kawasaki,s lurlvey noise glug,glug.......

please tell me, for the love of all that was once holy, why do you use commas rather than apostrophes? Why do you put the space before the punctuation mark and why don't you capitalise "I"?

Toonraider

btw i,m StevieH84 they keep banning me so i have to rejoin ,keeps them on their toes lol..

nah i swapped that[Z9] for a car ,then a few years later got a XS100,sold that and bought a GSXR 750

it got nicked so got money and bought car,dad still has his 2 garaged up and looking like new.

i allways loved the noise of the Kettle and the KH Kawasaki,s lurlvey noise glug,glug.......

I thought it was you Stevie, I recognised how you write! B) (Take no notice of Mr Fish, at least you don't write in text speech)! Funnily enough I've noticed on a few NUFC forums over the years that people often use commas instead of apostrophes, is it a northern thing? :) I've never noticed it anywhere else.

Anyway, how are you Stevie? Why do they ban you? You always seem a polite person to me :(

PS Love the noise of a kettle too, though my son doesn't get it....he thinks it sounds like a moped!! Kh's...ooohh love them too. Hubby is looking for a 3 into 1 exhaust for the kettle, that sounds awesome.

Edited by Toonraider

ToonRaider

They have banned me because of the likes of The Fish and his comments which i take offence too.

i dont have to tell anyone where,why,what,when as long as my posts are readable thats all that

matters. So when they start with their comments i get carried away and give them some sweet little

words of wisdom,like F-O you tossa etc etc.

ToonRaider

They have banned me because of the likes of The Fish and his comments which i take offence too.

i dont have to tell anyone where,why,what,when as long as my posts are readable thats all that

matters. So when they start with their comments i get carried away and give them some sweet little

It's nothing to do with whether your posts are readable, it makes you come across as an uneducated, illiterate moron, which tbf probably isn't too far from the truth.

ToonRaider

It's nothing to do with whether your posts are readable, it makes you come across as an uneducated, illiterate moron, which tbf probably isn't too far from the truth.

Ooooh :)