Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Best part of 10k on stained glass windows.

Renton mkII

:(

WTF? Mine were 500 quid man. Anyway, I've been told we're moving in the spring. Must admit, I never really imagined this as my last house, so agree we need to move and the sooner the better, but my testicles are already twitching about what a ball ache this will be. :-\

Ffs.

Nexus 5 arrived today. Nice phone but I haven't had a new phone in over 2 years, and I'd forgotten how anticlimactic it is when you realise it just does what your old one did but on a bigger screen.

Kit kat not all that then?

Do the Google now cards work any better in the UK on it?

Haven't really had a chance to test them. How are you using NFC though? Is there a guide somewhere that you followed?

And have you made your own tags or something? And if so where do you get them from etc.

Sorry lots of questions! Kit Kat is fine, aye, but there's not a huge difference.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Haven't really had a chance to test them. How are you using NFC though? Is there a guide somewhere that you followed?

And have you made your own tags or something? And if so where do you get them from etc.

Sorry lots of questions! Kit Kat is fine, aye, but there's not a huge difference.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I bought a pack of 10 nfc sticker tags from Amazon for coppers. Got one stuck to my desk at work for silence/vibrate/WiFi off etc. One by the bed for turning the brightness right down.... one in the car to send a message to the wife with a 20 minute warning. That sort of thing.

It's not a massive time saver or owt but worth the pennies to have a go.

Nice one, might get some to have a play around with it. Presumably I should be able to do stuff like turn on Bluetooth in car etc?

Aye. Let's you toggle any settings, launch apps, or whatever else your phone will do.

New palm pilot type taxi meter that is fully wireless and simmed up.

Basically means I can now take it out of the car and accept taxi jobs from anywhere, be that the loo, the garden (summer), my Mams for a cup of tea etc etc.

Can't stress what a massive change this is. (As long as I keep it charged up doh).

New palm pilot type taxi meter that is fully wireless and simmed up.

Basically means I can now take it out of the car and accept taxi jobs from anywhere, be that the loo, the garden (summer), my Mams for a cup of tea etc etc.

Can't stress what a massive change this is. (As long as I keep it charged up doh).

Google's coming up blank on the name you've given it. Are you sure that's what it's called? Could make a good Christmas present :)

Google's coming up blank on the name you've given it. Are you sure that's what it's called? Could make a good Christmas present :)

It's proper name is an autocab omicron :)

Edit

Just realised why your asking doh! :lol:

It's rented from the office and your old man will have had the same sim fitted this week.

Edited by Christmas Tree

It's proper name is an autocab omicron :) Edit Just realised why your asking doh! :lol: It's rented from the office and your old man will have had the same sim fitted this week.

Bastard that he is, scuppering christmas.

Cheers anyway.

I just got a quote from Admiral through gocompare for car insurance for £350, however when I ring up to pay for it the price has suddenly increased to £437. <_<

Oh and I've just bought this:

2013-bmw-3-series-4-door-sedan-335i-rwd-

Edited by ewerk

I just called back to accept the higher quote only to find that the new person I was talking to was offering the lower quote. After 15 minutes of trying to avoid their upsell it's finally sorted. <_<

if it's online just make sure what the compulsory and voluntary access is listed as, and if legal is included, crap like that.

All well and good. Legal service comes free as well. Still bloody expensive though, given I've yet to make a single bastid claim in the 7 years I've been driving!

I should've gone with Diamond insurance. £480 but free £300 handbag cover thrown in.

When I bought my new car in May I just upgraded the existing insurance policy from Elephant for about a hundred quid knowing it was due in October for annual renewal. For the first time in about ten years when I did the comparison thing a shit load of them were a lot cheaper so I rang them but even with extra discount they were still £120 more expensive than the best deal so I ditched them.

I ended up going with Sheils's wheels which appealed to my sense of outrage over discriminatory companies - I think they were forced to sell to blokes. On the bright side I have £300 of free handbag contents cover :)