Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Booked myself in for a proper cut throat shave on Friday morning.

I wouldn't mind trying that. Let us know what it was like.

As I've never had one before, when I booked it I asked the guy on the phone if I should shave a few days beforehand (got about 5 days growth at the moment), and he told me to leave it, saying "the longer the better". He then repeated this, half to himself, sounding worryingly like Sweeney Todd. ;)

If I don't end up in a Greggs' Steak Bake I'll let you know how it went.

Where you going for it?

As I've never had one before, when I booked it I asked the guy on the phone if I should shave a few days beforehand (got about 5 days growth at the moment), and he told me to leave it, saying "the longer the better". He then repeated this, half to himself, sounding worryingly like Sweeney Todd. ;)

Where you going for it?

Place on Wellington Street.

http://www.dandybrowns.com/

Where you going for it?

It's great in there, got a haircut on a whim and had to wait for a seat, while I was sitting I read the paper, drank Duvel from a chilled glass and listened to the radio... Radio2 I think?

Fucking great. Shame it cost what it did, but what're you gonna do?

Edited by The Fish

Where you going for it?

It's great in there, got a haircut on a whim and had to wait for a seat, while I was sitting I read the paper, drank Duvel from a chilled glass and listened to the radio... Radio2 I think?

Yeah it sounds great. Think the shave costs £25 but fuck it, I am going to a ball to celebrate the end of my degree. Speaking of which, as I'm finished now let me know if you've got any comedy nights on and we can have a pint. Can't do Tuesdays or Thursdays mind.

Where you going for it?

Yeah it sounds great. Think the shave costs £25 but fuck it, I am going to a ball to celebrate the end of my degree. Speaking of which, as I'm finished now let me know if you've got any comedy nights on and we can have a pint. Can't do Tuesdays or Thursdays mind.

Most regular night is the Thursday one, but I run a gig twice a month in Chapel Allerton. I'll drop you an email and let you know when the next one is.

Spent a fair whack at my graduation ball this weekend, but it was worth every penny. Last night was the black tie do but therewas a whole weekend of activites and the hotel had great spa facilities. The venue was stunning, everyone looked fantastic (especially me :D )

and I got absolutely hammered, and a bit emotional.

As for the shave, I enjoyed the experience - it's a nice place as Fish says, and you get exfoliated (if that's a word!), hot towels, aftershave etc.

But I was literally red raw afterwards. He did two cuts - one with and one against the grain - and it was the latter that fucked me, as I only usually go with. It's worth giving it a go, and I think if you had it done regularly you'd have no problems, but once is enough for me.

Fucking students paying £25 for a shave. What's the world coming to? :D I bet you splashed out on that and then paid for some Space Raiders by cheque later that night.

Fucking students paying £25 for a shave. What's the world coming to? :D I bet you splashed out on that and then paid for some Space Raiders by cheque later that night.

I wish, that hotel bar wasn't cheap!

Still, I'm only going to one (hopefully!) graduation ball so why not.

You going to the sumer Ball this year Luke?

Nah I've had my fill of that thanks, £40 plus booze to go to Fruity in a field in a tux. I've been a few times before for friends' graduations and had some great times, but after the weekend I've just had I'd feel like I've been mugged handing that over. Plus no-one I know will be graduating, apart from medics, but we've just had our own ball.

fair do's, don't blame you to be honest. Only going because I look fahkin good in a tux and I don't have to pay for the ticket. :D

You decided where you're going next year?

It is funny how students think "I'm only here once" and run up 20K debts that cripple them for life, while apprentices go down the Bigg Market, have a fight and a stress free life.

[/gross generalisation]

:D

fair do's, don't blame you to be honest. Only going because I look fahkin good in a tux and I don't have to pay for the ticket. :D

Aye, I'll still be in Leeds. The way it works for your first year as a doctor is three jobs lasting four months each. I've got four months in Huddersfield, then four in Calderdale (Halifax) then another four in Calderdale. Thought about living in but seeing as it isn't free I'm gonna bite the bullet and commute.

gt-avalanche-expert-2006-mountain-bike.jpg

Thats me cycling into the village now instead of driving to the shops (which is pretty lazy given you can walk it in 10mins).

Only going because I look fahkin good in a tux

A cummerbund hides a multitude of sins.

And a beer gut.

Genuinely hate cumberbunds. They're one of those garments, like bow ties, that even though they're fine you feel the need to constantly adjust and faff with (well I do anyway). Waist coat is much better iyam.

Only going because I look fahkin good in a tux

A cummerbund hides a multitude of sins.

And a beer gut.

Genuinely hate cumberbunds. They're one of those garments, like bow ties, that even though they're fine you feel the need to constantly adjust and faff with (well I do anyway). Waist coat is much better iyam.

I agree, I wore a waistcoat. Hate cummerbunds.

Cheque? It's all chip and PIN these days dahling, get your cultural references up-to-date. B)

fair do's, don't blame you to be honest. Only going because I look fahkin good in a tux and I don't have to pay for the ticket. B)

Aye, I'll still be in Leeds. The way it works for your first year as a doctor is three jobs lasting four months each. I've got four months in Huddersfield, then four in Calderdale (Halifax) then another four in Calderdale. Thought about living in but seeing as it isn't free I'm gonna bite the bullet and commute.

So that'l be 4 in Huddersfield and 8 in Calderdale then. :D