Who on toontastic plays an instrument

Tom

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've intermitently persisted with the guitar for about 15 years. Never played to more of an audience than the pissed people in friends living rooms.

Tried keyboard for a year.

Tried Harmonica for a few months.

Had a slide whistle for about ten years and a penny whistle for about 5.

Got Finger Drums for christmas. :baby:

Unfortunately not. Went through a phase of trying to teach myself how to play the keyboard but got bored and gave up.

Would love to learn Geee_tar though.

Played the piano for 6 years in my youth... no much left apart from the basics though sadly :baby:

Started teaching myself the guitar about 18 months ago, and love it.

What guitar do you play?

How are you finding it?

What guitar do you play?

How are you finding it?

It's been a gradual slope of progress tbh. It's only a cheap acoustic one, cost me about 160€, but it has a good sound to it.

With the amount of resources there are over the net, it's pretty easy to get going. You start off learning the basic chords and finger placements by picking up tabs for songs you like, then figure out strumming patterns, then chord evolutions, then picking etc... Mess about with it every day pretty much.

Plus i've become quite the carpenter, as i've dropped it a couple of times, broken it, almost snapped to top bit off, and fixed it!

What guitar do you play?

How are you finding it?

It's been a gradual slope of progress tbh. It's only a cheap acoustic one, cost me about 160€, but it has a good sound to it.

With the amount of resources there are over the net, it's pretty easy to get going. You start off learning the basic chords and finger placements by picking up tabs for songs you like, then figure out strumming patterns, then chord evolutions, then picking etc... Mess about with it every day pretty much.

Plus i've become quite the carpenter, as i've dropped it a couple of times, broken it, almost snapped to top bit off, and fixed it!

The next Brian May? He made his own and never looked back

play guitar a "wee" bit....not enough practice over the past 3 years has left me very rusty but I am cracking with my tambourine ( crescent shaped moulded big black one tbs) :baby:

What guitar do you play?

How are you finding it?

Yeh good call!

Try and do hours a day if you can,

Start ''alternate picking'' straight away to a metronome,

makes everything easier in the long run!

play guitar a "wee" bit....not enough practice over the past 3 years has left me very rusty but I am cracking with my tambourine ( crescent shaped moulded big black one tbs) :baby:

My friends going to play tambourine at our next gig ;)

just run around like a loon and nobody will be able to hear him because we're way too loud :razz:

play guitar a "wee" bit....not enough practice over the past 3 years has left me very rusty but I am cracking with my tambourine ( crescent shaped moulded big black one tbs) ;)

My friends going to play tambourine at our next gig :razz:

just run around like a loon and nobody will be able to hear him because we're way too loud :(

:baby: it's an "art form" I'll have you know !!!

play guitar a "wee" bit....not enough practice over the past 3 years has left me very rusty but I am cracking with my tambourine ( crescent shaped moulded big black one tbs) ;)

My friends going to play tambourine at our next gig :razz:

just run around like a loon and nobody will be able to hear him because we're way too loud :(

:baby: it's an "art form" I'll have you know !!!

I know i know..:razz:

Self taught acoustic guitar. Been playing for about 10 years. Never really progressed from playing in front of my mates and campsites at festivals, never really wanted to tbh.

Played Alto Sax for around a year when I was younger, but could only really play Blue Moon and the theme tune to Pink Panther and The Flumps!

Edited by Fat Boy

Got a guitar. I wasn't doing too badly until I dropped it and I snapped a string. I tried to replace it but made a hash of it and since then I can't really be arsed to buy another string and try and fix it again. It just stands in the corner gathering dust at the minute.

I played the violin as a kid, it was shit.

I've not really got the patience to learn an instrument. I'd love to be able to play the drums or guitar, just without the learning process. If I could wake up one day and play it, it would be mint. :baby: