Celebrity Big Brother

peasepud

Anyone catch him on the news, saying C4 should forfeit their franchise? Is it me or is the UK becoming a bunch of moaning knee-jerk OTT tarts? This BB racism thing, jesus wept. If anything it should be cheered for hopefully ending the TV career of that Jade Goody bitch and the BB series.

Edited by Howaythetoon

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C4 Crisis Talks: Will Big Bro Be Axed?

Monday January 22, 11:28 AM

The board of Channel 4 will meet today to discuss the future of Celebrity Big Brother. Pressure on the broadcaster continues to mount, with more politicians criticising the race row involving Jade Goody and Shilpa Shetty.

The attitude of Channel 4 chairman, Luke Johnson, has in particular been called into question.

The chairman of the Commission for Racial Equality, Trevor Phillips, said: "If the Channel 4 board doesn't say that Johnson was wrong not to talk about it last week, that his executives were wrong to say there was no racism involved, if the board does not take that stand then I think Tessa Jowell, the Culture Secretary, has to step in and ask if this is the board that is capable of holding a public asset in trust for us."

On Friday, Goody was evicted from the Big Brother house by an overwhelming public vote after Shetty was subjected to alleged racial bullying.

Yesterday, she admitted Shetty had been subjected to "bullying and racism" during the contest and was "shocked and disgusted" by her own behaviour on the show.

She told the News Of The World her behaviour towards the Bollywood star had been the biggest mistake of her life.

And she said she was concerned about her family receiving abuse from the public as a result.

She said she was giving her £50,000 appearance fee to charity, together with £50,000 from the News Of The World. The paper confirmed she was personally being paid nothing for the interview.

The 25-year-old said: "I don't want to make a penny from this. I don't want it. I don't want money from something that is wrong. I'm going to give it all to charity."

She said of Shetty: "She was a victim of bullying and racism, yes. I can understand why she would have said that."

She added she had not realised before how she could be so "intimidating or bullying".

Asked about her labelling the Bollywood actress "Shilpa Poppadom", she said she did not think "poppadom" was a racist word.

"I hate myself right now," she added. "If that's the end of my career then I only have myself to blame."

The reality show star said the withdrawal of her perfume from stores and the cancellation of her Living TV show meant "nothing".

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22012007/140/c4-c...g-bro-axed.html

Edited by GeordieMessiah

"I don't want to make a penny from this. I don't want it. I don't want money from something that is wrong."

What about all the money she's made from being stupid? Is she giving that back too?

I hope she's paying her PR team well because they must be working overtime telling her exactly what to come out with in all of this. She was claiming she needed psychological help yesterday - ah yes, play the victim, somebody will fall for it. :rolleyes:

Blatantly trying to save her future earnings. According to the radio this am she reckons she's suicidal, but still reckons it was more Teddy Sheringham's bint to blame :rolleyes:

Apparently Sheringham isn't happy and is gonna give her the boot as soon as she gets out the house. Class, really. These no-marks go in hoping to kickstart a career as a professional nobody and end up not only messing that up, but labelling themselves as racists to boot.

Blatantly trying to save her future earnings. According to the radio this am she reckons she's suicidal, but still reckons it was more Teddy Sheringham's bint to blame :rolleyes:

Gutted he wasn't used on Saturday.

:blink:

Expect a national day of mourning to be enforced by the New Labour spin doctors when Jade takes a massive overdose...

"I feel like everyone else in this country today. I am utterly devastated.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Jade Goody's family, particularly her one-armed lesbian raptor mother. Our heart goes out to them.

"We are today a nation in a state of shock, in mourning, in grief that is so deeply painful for us. She was a useless and a stupid human being, although her own life was often sadly touched by tragedy. She touched the lives of so many others in Britain and throughout the world with joy and with comfort.

"How many times shall we remember her in how many different ways - with the sick, the dying, with children, with the needy? Or maybe just with the other minor Z-list celebrities? And of course, not forgetting, the racists? With just a look or a gesture that spoke so much more than words, she would reveal to all of us the depth of her crass stupidity and her inhumanity.

"I am sure we can only guess how difficult things were for her from time to time. But people everywhere, not just here in Britain, kept faith with Princess Jade. They liked her, they loved her, they regarded her as one of the people. She was the People's Princess (and the News of the World's, and Now, Hello, OK! and countless other scrubby little celeb magazine's princess) and that is how she will stay, how she will remain in our hearts and our memories for ever".

Apparently Sheringham isn't happy and is gonna give her the boot as soon as she gets out the house. Class, really. These no-marks go in hoping to kickstart a career as a professional nobody and end up not only messing that up, but labelling themselves as racists to boot.

Yeah I read that too. She's also lost out on a couple of contracts apparently. Jo's also had a gig at G.A.Y cancelled too.

Edited by MrBass

Yeah I read that too. She's also lost out on a couple of contracts apparently. Jo's also had a gig at G.A.Y cancelled too.

She's got such a man-face on her, I bet she probably pulls at places like that.

Hope it keeps going like this and when they come out they realise how much they're in the shit, because the 2 remaining bitches are probably too think to relaise its not just Jade who's in for it and think they've escaped!

Hope it keeps going like this and when they come out they realise how much they're in the shit, because the 2 remaining bitches are probably too think to relaise its not just Jade who's in for it and think they've escaped!

Yeah I hate think people :rolleyes:

Hope it keeps going like this and when they come out they realise how much they're in the shit, because the 2 remaining bitches are probably too think to realise its not just Jade who's in for it and think they've escaped!

Yeah I hate think people :rolleyes:

:blink:

Or people who can't type and don't bother to check before they post! :blink: