Top Gear

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Did anyone else think Clarksons comment about Special Needs kids didn't sit well with Jamie Oliver?

only because he blatantly was special needs

Well, yeah. He admitted as much in the exchange...

what I meant was, a lot of people would just let a comment like that slide, it's clear Clarkson was messing, but Jamie piped up with a "I spent most of school in Special Needs."

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blatantly fell asleep at the wheel

How anyone can fall asleep whilst belting down a runway at nearly 300 mph with a jet engine a few feet behind you is beyond me :)

Probably being forced to watch some "reality TV" would do it..... either that or crash on purpose to die and escape it. :blink:

never knew it was a blowout

people were on about him not having enough training, FFS there is nothing you could do in that situation, trained or not

The owner of the car has blamed him for using the breaks when the blow out happened, obviously an instinstive reaction but maybe wouldn't have happened had he had more training.

people were on about him not having enough training, FFS there is nothing you could do in that situation, trained or not

The owner of the car has blamed him for using the breaks when the blow out happened, obviously an instinstive reaction but maybe wouldn't have happened had he had more training.

Yep worst thing you can do with a blow out, still at that speed I dunno that it would have really mattered that much.

So many funny bits last night man. The whole roadworks thing had me in stitches.

You laughed? Bollocks. ;)

The bit where that line-marker thing ran off on it's own though was brilliant. :unsure:

a trained driver would instictively not apply the brakes in a blow out

a trained driver would instictively not apply the brakes in a blow out

Hammond couldn't see the tyre's from where he was sitting. When you're travelling at 300+mph and see a black flash flying up and over your shoulder you're going to panic. He may have thought he hit something hence the reason for pushing the breaks. Even so, the car would still be veering to the right at an incredible speed and the accident would still have happened.

Agree with Skol. From the moment the tire started to "go away" to the moment it exploded was 0.4 second. Clarkson made joke of it that he never reacted in time but as Hammond said, even a trained fighter pilot wouldn't have reacted any better.

He did what he could, once that tyre blew and considering the cross winds, an accident was inevitable. Thankfully he's come out of it relatively unscathed! :unsure:

Btw did anyone hear what that bloke said in the crowd towards the end when everyone applauds? I didn't catch it.

Yeah, I was wondering that.

"Well done mate" or words to that effect I think.

Sounded more like "Hureashejsa uejsidhsssh mate! We love ya!"

"Jade Goody is a racist, pigfaced waste of blood and organs"

Clarkson has acquired legend status. :unsure:

I sincerely hope she was watching for that! It was a cracking comment ;)

I don't want to halt the TG love in here because I watch the show and enjoy it on the whole, but Jeremy Clarkson saying that was funny only because it allowed me to laugh at him rather than with him.

This is the man who (as far as I recall) has never worked with a non-white presenter and has never had a non-white guest. In fact, the only foreigner I've seen on the show was described only as "an illegal immigrant" and was part of a challenge to fill the back of a van as quickly as possible.

He also said at a motor show that...

people working on the Hyundai stand had "eaten a dog". and that the designer of the Hyundai XG had probably eaten a spaniel for his lunch. He also allegedly referred to those working on the BMW stand as "Nazis".[13] He has also described some BMW vehicles as "Nazi staff cars".

Also...

attracted complaints after agreeing with a Top Gear audience member that a featured car was a bit "gay" or "ginger beer" (rhyming slang for "queer").

He's obviously never watched an episode of Big Brother and if he had his viewers would be disgusted, he's commenting on stuff he knows fuck all about. Still, no change there. But it's worse this time as his ill thought out slating reflects perfectly both his own appearance and character.

I don't want to halt the TG love in here because I watch the show and enjoy it on the whole, but Jeremy Clarkson saying that was funny only because it allowed me to laugh at him rather than with him.

This is the man who (as far as I recall) has never worked with a non-white presenter and has never had a non-white guest. In fact, the only foreigner I've seen on the show was described only as "an illegal immigrant" and was part of a challenge to fill the back of a van as quickly as possible.

people working on the Hyundai stand had "eaten a dog". and that the designer of the Hyundai XG had probably eaten a spaniel for his lunch. He also allegedly referred to those working on the BMW stand as "Nazis".[13] He has also described some BMW vehicles as "Nazi staff cars".

Also...

attracted complaints after agreeing with a Top Gear audience member that a featured car was a bit "gay" or "ginger beer" (rhyming slang for "queer").

He's obviously never watched an episode of Big Brother and if he had his viewers would be disgusted, he's commenting on stuff he knows fuck all about. Still, no change there. But it's worse this time as his ill thought out slating reflects perfectly both his own appearance and character.

As much as I disagree with Clarkson's political views, being a bit right wing and un PC is a lot different from being a racist bully.

Also...

As much as I disagree with Clarkson's political views, being a bit right wing and un PC is a lot different from being a racist bully.

But Jade Goody isn't a racist bully, she's a thick, ignorant girl who the media and public have had enough of and are dragging down by whjatever means necessary. It didn't cross her mind she was being racist because she's simple, Clarkson doesn't have that excuse for his open bigotry because he's obviously an educated man.

Also...

But Jade Goody isn't a racist bully, she's a thick, ignorant girl who the media and public have had enough of and are dragging down by whjatever means necessary. It didn't cross her mind she was being racist because she's simple, Clarkson doesn't have that excuse for his open bigotry because he's obviously an educated man.

I've never believed that being stupid is an excuse for being racist. I agree that Jade Goody is now the centre of a witchhunt, (front cover of one of those Now!-type mags the other week - "Celebs slam Jade's diet" :D) but it is one she has bought on herself. She was very, very fortunate rich and famous by being unappealing in virtually every way, fittingly only a complete idiot like herself could shoot herself in the foot so spectacularly. Making her out to be some kind of victim is utterly ridiculous when despite all this fuss she will still have her millions that she made from being such an idiot.

In reference to the stuff HF wrote above - is he meant to be racist, or is 2 and 2 being put together to make 5. I don't watch Top Gear so I don't see a great deal of him.

Clarkson has always been right wing, but I've never heard him say anything that could be construed as racist. Maybe a bit xenophobic, but not racist.