Top Gear

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Schumacher won't be The Stig all the time.

Basically the only man Ferrari trust with pushing the FXX to the limit.

No shit sherlock.. :icon_lol:

I realise that formula one drivers are basically mobile advertising boards, but to manage to squeeze Bacardi in to a motoring magazine show is good work. Am I also to be believed that Schumacher drives a pair of Fiats around... On a separate point, remind me who owns Ferrari again?

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realise that formula one drivers are basically mobile advertising boards, but to manage to squeeze Bacardi in to a motoring magazine show is good work. Am I also to be believed that Schumacher drives a pair of Fiats around... On a separate point, remind me who owns Ferrari again?

Schumacher does indeed drive a Fiat 500 Abarth (there was a magazine article on him owning it a while back) and I'm led to believe that his everyday car is a Croma. So what if it is? It's not the only 2 cars he owns and I'm not in the least bit surprised that he drives a family car day to day seeing as he has 2 young kids.

He'll have a lot more 'fun' in his garage - that FXX for one! :icon_lol: As for him driving a car for a company that owns Ferrari, I think you'll find that's the same for all F1 personnel. Damon Hill used to drive a Renault Espace!

Schumacher does indeed drive a Fiat 500 Abarth (there was a magazine article on him owning it a while back) and I'm led to believe that his everyday car is a Croma. So what if it is? It's not the only 2 cars he owns and I'm not in the least bit surprised that he drives a family car day to day seeing as he has 2 young kids.

He'll have a lot more 'fun' in his garage - that FXX for one! :icon_lol:As for him driving a car for a company that owns Ferrari, I think you'll find that's the same for all F1 personnel. Damon Hill used to drive a Renault Espace!

and why not since they will undoubtedly get them for free

Couldn't mask his awe, could he. He seemed genuinely humbled and inspired by the experience. One of those "If I could have that opportunity..." dreams isn't it. To effectively reach for the stars.

Not too ashamed that watching an everyman like James May experience something like that really made my hair stand up.

That James May programme about the Apollo missions was quality btw.

I kept flicking over to that during the ad breaks of something else - will watch it tonight.

He'll have a lot more 'fun' in his garage - that FXX for one! :icon_lol:As for him driving a car for a company that owns Ferrari, I think you'll find that's the same for all F1 personnel. Damon Hill used to drive a Renault Espace!

I think you'll find it'll be part of his contactual obligations :icon_lol: He still drives them though

Absolutely amazing wasn't it? The flight in the U2 spy plane was awe-inspiring. As he said, viewing the curvature of the earth with your own eyes is something only a handful of people have ever experienced.

I think you'll find it'll be part of his contactual obligations :icon_lol: He still drives them though

Absolutely amazing wasn't it? The flight in the U2 spy plane was awe-inspiring. As he said, viewing the curvature of the earth with your own eyes is something only a handful of people have ever experienced.

I wonder how much that'd cost to go up there? I'd love to send my Dad up. :icon_lol:

Edit I'm fully aware that'd be entirely out of my price range, I was just day-dreaming.

Edited by The Fish

Last nights brand dropping exercise made a little sick come up in my mouth.

I find it preposterous that someone who makes as much money as he does finds himself behind the wheel of an average family runabout.

Stop whoring yourself out man, take less wedge and drive a proper car!!

My work gave me a fleece once with their logo on it, I wore it while at work on occasions, but I didn't put the fucker on for a night out.

If the bloke has a family, surely a family car which is what he described it as is fair enough?

Despite who he is I can't imagine any wife would be happy to have the bairns driven around in something stupid.

I find it preposterous that someone who makes as much money as he does finds himself behind the wheel of an average family runabout.

My work gave me a fleece once with their logo on it, I wore it while at work on occasions, but I didn't put the fucker on for a night out.

He doesn't just work for Fiat man, he's a part of the company these days. Pretty certain he has a share in the ownership. That'd be akin to Niall Quinn turning up at the SOL wearing a Man Utd shirt because they're that 'little bit better'...

I'm pretty certain that given the fact he's driven F1 cars for 15 years (and Sportscars before that) he's not that arsed about have an out-and-out lary speed machine for his day to day use. He'll have his fun cars, but where's the fun if you drive them every day?

If the bloke has a family, surely a family car which is what he described it as is fair enough?

Despite who he is I can't imagine any wife would be happy to have the bairns driven around in something stupid.

My point is if the man had any class and wasn't a typical formula one advertising machine, he wouldn't make his wife drive a Fiat.

Off the top of my head these are all much more suitable 'family cars' (for a man of his means) which won't fall apart, crumple like a wet paper bag on impact and drive like a blancmange:

Mercedes R-class

BMW 7 series or X5

Lexus Hybrid

Range Rover

Even a nice sturdy, reliable Volvo.

He doesn't just work for Fiat man, he's a part of the company these days. Pretty certain he has a share in the ownership. That'd be akin to Niall Quinn turning up at the SOL wearing a Man Utd shirt because they're that 'little bit better'...

And if he did he should be applauded for his slightly superior taste.

My point is if the man had any class and wasn't a typical formula one advertising machine, he wouldn't make his wife drive a Fiat.

Off the top of my head these are all much more suitable 'family cars' (for a man of his means) which won't fall apart, crumple like a wet paper bag on impact and drive like a blancmange:

Mercedes R-class

BMW 7 series or X5

Lexus Hybrid

Range Rover

All of which would be a terrible choice for the man who's job is Fiat/Ferrari Ambassador. He's promoting his own fucking interests man :icon_lol:

I suppose you'd have preferred Enzo to have driven around in a Maserati too? :icon_lol:

Mercedes R-class

BMW 7 series or X5

Lexus Hybrid

Range Rover

All of which would be a terrible choice for the man who's job is Fiat/Ferrari Ambassador. He's promoting his own fucking interests man :icon_lol:

I suppose you'd have preferred Enzo to have driven around in a Maserati too? :icon_lol:

Anything that didn't involve putting his wife in this:

fiat-croma-1.jpg

Hmmm Michael, with this Fiat Croma you're really spoiling me.

Thoroughly enjoyed 'James May night' too. Him and Oz in their wine/beer program, followed by new Top Gear then the Apollo program which was very interesting. I turned over to BBC 4 and watched all the training James had to go through before his flight.

I was thinking, he's experienced some amazing things for his various shows, including the flight in the Typhoon at incredible speed for his television programme, James May's 20th Century. then there was his drive in the Veyron and the trip to the North Pole with Clarkson and he went in a jump jet :icon_lol: Basically all three Top Gear presenters get paid large amounts of money to fullfill their dreams, blow things up, go fast and generally lark about having a great time!

Just watched the James May programme and definitely agree with Wacky, getting the chance to go up in that plane once is unbelievable to think though the pilot that flew it gets to do that all the time.

Anyone who watched it and enjoyed it might be interested in the film 'The Right Stuff' which was frequently referred to and alluded to. It's quality.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/bbc_four

The Graham Hill one is on here, its called 'Driven'.

There is also a one on Jim Clark which might be worth watching.

I watched the Graham Hill one, what great character he was! I didnt realise Damon was as old as he was when Graham died, and what a shocking way for him to hear about the plane crash whilst watching TV :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/bbc_four

The Graham Hill one is on here, its called 'Driven'.

There is also a one on Jim Clark which might be worth watching.

I watched the Graham Hill one, what great character he was! I didnt realise Damon was as old as he was when Graham died, and what a shocking way for him to hear about the plane crash whilst watching TV :rolleyes:

He certainly was a character.

The land speed record one was called In Search of Speed: The Battle of Bonneville but it's not on iplayer for some reason.