OMG ITZ DEADLINE DAY!!111

Gemmill

I can well believe it was left up until the last minute (metaphorically speaking), i.e. waiting until after Xmas before making tentative enquiries.

so you reckon the situation wouldn't change between November and Jan 31? Why is it we have to do everything by December but dealing inside the window is fine for everyone else?

And as i've said before, most people are going by what is reported by Anal as to what Roeder has / has not done. Gooch was contacted weeks ago FFS and no-one had a clue

Where has dealing inside the window got us? Of course dealing inside the window is fine if you can do it effectively. But planning and negotiating in advance would be a good idea, particularly when you feel like Roeder that the window is too restrictive.

Do you think that this second successive window fuck-up is down to bad luck?

you think because we don't start enquiring months ago has any bearing on whether a deal goes through on the only day it matters?

How about we just send a questionaire out to every club in the world in mid september asking them to list all the players they are willing to sell to NUFC?

I think that it stands to reason that negotiating over a period of several months, rather than one month, gives you a greater probability of reaching an agreement on a player. I think that's common sense. Manchester United did it with Henrik Larsson, as you've recently learned.

How about you don't make silly irrelevant suggestions about questionnaires?

so if Larson had borken his leg on Dec 31st, or his club's manager changed and he decided he wanted to keep him, what happens?

where has 'planning' got you then?

sure you have in mind potential targets before the window opens, but that's just it. Anyone suggesting Roeder didn't have that is a fucking moron. My point is, until you are in a position to talk terms and sign contracts, what's the fucking point. And then, when it turns out none of your potential deals come off, you are still up shit creek whether you started talking in October or the middle of January. Putting up Larson as an example of how it should be done, when in fact it is the only example of a contract signde before the window, is ludicrous in the extreme, especially when it's a deal we could never have done even if we tried.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can well believe it was left up until the last minute (metaphorically speaking), i.e. waiting until after Xmas before making tentative enquiries.

so you reckon the situation wouldn't change between November and Jan 31? Why is it we have to do everything by December but dealing inside the window is fine for everyone else?

And as i've said before, most people are going by what is reported by Anal as to what Roeder has / has not done. Gooch was contacted weeks ago FFS and no-one had a clue

Where has dealing inside the window got us? Of course dealing inside the window is fine if you can do it effectively. But planning and negotiating in advance would be a good idea, particularly when you feel like Roeder that the window is too restrictive.

you think because we don't start enquiring months ago has any bearing on whether a deal goes through on the only day it matters?

How about we just send a questionaire out to every club in the world in mid september asking them to list all the players they are willing to sell to NUFC?

I think that it stands to reason that negotiating over a period of several months, rather than one month, gives you a greater probability of reaching an agreement on a player. I think that's common sense. Manchester United did it with Henrik Larsson, as you've recently learned.

so if Larson had borken his leg on Dec 31st, or his club's manager changed and he decided he wanted to keep him, what happens?

sure you have in mind potential targets before the window opens, but that's just it. Anyone suggesting Roeder didn't have that is a fucking moron. My point is, until you are in a position to talk terms and sign contracts, what's the fucking point. And then, when it turns out none of your potential deals come off, you are still up shit creek whether you started talking in October or the middle of January. Putting up Larson as an example of how it should be done, when in fact it is the only example of a contract signde before the window, is ludicrous in the extreme, especially when it's a deal we could never have done even if we tried.

What if an asteroid had hit the Baltic sea and caused a tsunami flooding Sweden?

Edited by Isegrim

See that is where you are wrong.

The transfer window only restricts when you can actually transfer a player from one club to the next, it doesn't restrict you from negotiations or transfer fees or player contract details!

Just to clarify though, you have now accepted Lasson as an example of a signing that was sewn up before the window open. ;)

The rest of your post is gibberish. What is the point in negotiating with a player before you can sign contracts? Have you heard of "agreements in principle"? How about establishing a relationship with the player?

From your post you make it sound like seen as various things can still go wrong when you come to signing the player, that that means it's best off to just wait til the window opens before doing anything. Which is fucking idiotic, if you don't mind me saying.

(Honestly Vic, why are you being contrary to the point where you're having to put forward arguments that actually make you look really stupid? Step back and think about what you're saying. You are allowed to agree with people you know? You don't have to take the opposing viewpoint on here, and it's especially inadvisable when it leaves you chasing your tail and making silly arguments up to try and defend your increasingly preposterous position.)

I've been accused (with some justification) of being a contrary bugger, but Invicta takes it to new levels and at the same time is actually shit at arguing his non-existent points.

Is he still banned from N-O?

There's been an incident just like that in this transfer window. Peterborough were trying to buy a bloke from Dagenham & Redbridge and havd a pre-contract agreement (most likely with some form of down payment made). Then Peterborough sacked their manager and the player had a change of heart and decided he wanted to stay at D&R (was also being linked with a move to a bigger club in the summer).

Peterborough chairman was threatening to take it to the courts and as a result, the player did make the move....

There's been an incident just like that in this transfer window. Peterborough were trying to buy a bloke from Dagenham & Redbridge and havd a pre-contract agreement (most likely with some form of down payment made). Then Peterborough sacked their manager and the player had a change of heart and decided he wanted to stay at D&R (was also being linked with a move to a bigger club in the summer).

Peterborough chairman was threatening to take it to the courts and as a result, the player did make the move....

egg fucking sactly

a point lost on all these fuckers

imagine if we had agreed to sell harper or huntington or butt 2 months ago. I'm not saying you shouldn't always have targets in mind, which of course we do, but to go to the lengths of contracting players before you can move them is pointless. The simple fact that only Larson has been dealt with this way illustrates the point.

The transfer window only restricts when you can actually transfer a player from one club to the next, it doesn't restrict you from negotiations or transfer fees or player contract details!

again, name me a player other than Larson where this happened this january????

egg fucking sactly

imagine if we had agreed to sell harper or huntington or butt 2 months ago. I'm not saying you shouldn't always have targets in mind, which of course we do, but to go to the lengths of contracting players before you can move them is pointless. The simple fact that only Larson has been dealt with this way illustrates the point.

You fucking thick shit. ;) This doesn't support your argument. It's just an example of a bizarre cycle of events. You are a fucking moron Vic, and you're embarrassing yourself with this contrary stance.

All these were conducted on 1 January 2007 alone:

Ade Akinbiyi [sheff Utd - Burnley] £750,000

Moses Ashikodi [Rangers - Watford] Nominal fee

Stephen Black [Kansas City - Montrose] Loan

George Boyd [stevenage - Peterborough] £260,000*

* Pending - transfer due to be completed 8 January

David Forde [Derry City - Cardiff City] Undisclosed

Stephen Fraser [Montrose - St Andrews Utd] Loan

Michael Fulton [Morton - Largs Thistle] Loan

Alan Gilbridge [Morton - Largs Thistle] Loan

Morgaro Gomis [Cowdenbeath - Dundee Utd] Nominal fee

Stefan Gonet [Morton - Clydebank] Loan

Dean Holden [Peterborough - Falkirk] Undisclosed

Paul Keegan [st Patrick's Athletic - Motherwell] Undisclosed

Michael Kightly [Grays - Wolves] Nominal fee

Scott Marshall [unattached - Cowdenbeath]

David MacLeod [Morton - Largs Thistle] Loan

Neil McCallum [st Johnstone - Alloa] Loan

Mark McChrystal [Derry City - Partick] Undisclosed

Paul McGowan [Celtic - Morton] Loan

Michael McIndoe [barnsley - Wolves] £250,000

Derek McInnes [Millwall - St Johnstone] Undisclosed

Trevor Molloy [st Patrick's Athletic - Motherwell] Undisclosed

Kevin Moon [st Johnstone - Forfar] Loan

Michael Mullen [Queen of the South - Stranraer] Loan

Danny Murphy [Cork - Motherwell] Undisclosed

Neil Stephen [Peterhead - Montrose] Undisclosed

;)

"Ok, so you got me with Larsson, and I did only ask you to come up with one player, thinking I had you all stumped......but I didn't.........but can you name me a player OTHER than Larsson where this happened this January."

What a silly tosser. :nufc:

;)

I know banning people just for being irritating mongs is a dangerous precedent to set, but I'm willing to risk my forum life on it. :nufc:

EDIT: Gemmill, if you could stop getting in just before me there...ok, thanks. :nufc:

Edited by ObaGol

sorry, which one of those players should we have contracted by mid November?

;)

"Ok, so you got me with Larsson, and I did only ask you to come up with one player, thinking I had you all stumped......but I didn't.........but can you name me a player OTHER than Larsson where this happened this January."

What a silly tosser. :nufc:

you've got nowt tbh gemms. If you had anything you would have stopped the mardy posts ages ago. Just repeating yourself now man

;):nufc::nufc:

He's changing his question again, after he's asked it and been given an answer. :nufc: Fucking priceless.

egg fucking sactly

You fucking thick shit. ;) This doesn't support your argument. It's just an example of a bizarre cycle of events. You are a fucking moron Vic, and you're embarrassing yourself with this contrary stance.

yet you fail to accept that Larson is a one off event, and that is not how 99% of transfer business is done.

sorry

FYP

egg fucking sactly

yet you fail to accept that Larson is a one off event, and that is not how 99% of transfer business is done.

A one-off event? Now I know you didn't miss alex's post Vic, because you've already replied to it and tried to move the goalposts again.

I hope you don't come across this stupid at uni, Vic. Lego might be as good as it gets for you.

He's changing his question again, after he's asked it and been given an answer. :nufc: Fucking priceless.

A follows B follows C, that's how discussionsgo gems. Or do you need the forum special bus to help you along?

stop being such a tart and use your words. come on now. Don't be afraid

Painfully predictable too.

what useless piggyback oneliners into debates that don't involve you? yes, predictable is what you are tbh

Painfully predictable too.

what useless piggyback oneliners into debates that don't involve you? yes, predictable is what you are tbh

:nufc:

There's no need to take part, Gemmill and Alex are tearing you up enough as it is you dozy twat.

A follows B follows C, that's how discussionsgo gems. Or do you need the forum special bus to help you along?

stop being such a tart and use your words. come on now. Don't be afraid

You don't even see it do you? How stupid you look right now. :nufc::pray::pray:

egg fucking sactly

A one-off event? Now I know you didn't miss alex's post Vic, because you've already replied to it and tried to move the goalposts again.

I hope you don't come across this stupid at uni, Vic. Lego might be as good as it gets for you.

not one premiership club in that list. Most of it's fucking scottish clubs FFS. How is that even relevant?