Chopra

Scottish Mag

Three managers must be wrong, Chopra is better than Ameobi

Three managers can be wrong, though. Chopra has really impressed me this season and i have no faith whatsoever that Ameobi could drop down to the Championship and score not only the number of goals, but quality of goals Chopra has. It's not as if he was ever given a sustained run in the team here and actually proven not to be good enough either, who knows how he would have faired given the same amount of opportunities as Shola.

Three managers must be wrong, Chopra is better than Ameobi

Three managers can be wrong, though. Chopra has really impressed me this season and i have no faith whatsoever that Ameobi could drop down to the Championship and score not only the number of goals, but quality of goals Chopra has. It's not as if he was ever given a sustained run in the team here and actually proven not to be good enough either, who knows how he would have faired given the same amount of opportunities as Shola.

On the other hand I couldn't see Chopra scoring as regular in the prem as Shola did since Roeder took over/Shearer stopped playing.

1 - If chops wanted to play for newcastle he should have accepted the 1 yr deal and fought for his place

2 - it dont matter how good/bad he is compared to shola he would have got games if he`d stayed

3 - id rather have a geordie thats proud to play in the shirt but unproven in the premiership than a spanish waiter who cant hit the onion bag sitting on the bench and pocketing OUR money.

chopra > luque tbh

Edited by meshman

Chopra is 21, maybe 22 now. Never had the opportunity to develop. Ameobi was given many opportunities and we currently have a slow 25 year old donkey. Another good move by the Toon.

Nothing to do with that sad waste of money that apparently sulks around the ground, luque.

I think he should have been given as much a chance as Shola got, and he wasn't not even close.

Does it not make you wonder why other managers chose Shola over Chopra though? I doubt it was over lack of work rate or anything like that.

I think the saw potential in him and he offered things our other strikers didn't, Chopra was far from complete (arguably he's only really becoming fully rounded now), but equally was never really given the same chances.

Maybe he wasn't good enough, hopefully some day soon we'll see him in action in the Premeirship and see whether he is or is not.

Honestly you could have predicted this the day Chopra left. OMG HES SCORIN IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!111 WOT HAVE WE DONE??!111 BETTA THAN SHOLA!111

I know its easy to say now but im sure at the time I said he would probably go and score a few goals and become the new Bellamy in terms of OMG HE IZ WORLD CLASS, DA BEST STRIKER WE HAVE EVA HAD OMG WHY DID HE GO!!!!!1111111!!!

Honestly you could have predicted this the day Chopra left. OMG HES SCORIN IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!111 WOT HAVE WE DONE??!111 BETTA THAN SHOLA!111

I know its easy to say now but im sure at the time I said he would probably go and score a few goals and become the new Bellamy in terms of OMG HE IZ WORLD CLASS, DA BEST STRIKER WE HAVE EVA HAD OMG WHY DID HE GO!!!!!1111111!!!

Some people on here have this down to a T!

Makes you wonder :blink:

I do not see many saying that or was that the point of the thread tbh..

I do not see many saying that or was that the point of the thread tbh..

It was a little tongue in cheek, tbh...

Chopra was never good enough. Just because he is banging in the goals in a vastly inferior league doesn't mean he is any better.

Nowhere near as good as Shola as well.

Exactly.

Amazing that those calling for Chopra to have been given a chance, are mainly those who think Luque should fuck off :unsure:

Not me; I'd love Luque to fuck off though :o

Chopra was never good enough. Just because he is banging in the goals in a vastly inferior league doesn't mean he is any better.

Exactly.

Amazing that those calling for Chopra to have been given a chance, are mainly those who think Luque should fuck off :unsure:

Well, I'm just stating that I wonder how Chopra would have done if he had been given the same chances as Ameobi. And I don't necessarily consider Chopra as a player of Premierleague standard...

As for Luque, I think you can have somewhat different expectations from a Spanish ex-international who is picking up enormous wages every week.

Exactly.

Well, I'm just stating that I wonder how Chopra would have done if he had been given the same chances as Ameobi. And I don't necessarily consider Chopra as a player of Premierleague standard...

As for Luque, I think you can have somewhat different expectations from a Spanish ex-international who is picking up enormous wages every week.

exactly

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another two for Chopra tonight. Whilst I have no idea if he could cut it at the level of the premiership I have no doubt people will continue to argue hes shite whilst creaming over Nugents goals...

he's hit some top form in the last few weeks