Newcastle v Liverpool

Nobby

<_< You're talking shit man, it's just been on the telly. He goes down under the challenge. See if anyone else agrees with your 1.5 seconds, takes two steps then goes down analysis.

People who want to see a real dive from yesterday, check out Chelsea's second goal vs Boro (OG Xavier)... that little piece of shit Robben does that swan thing he does in the build up and mysteriously loses control of his legs. Pathetic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy2pmBQTM2U

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<_< You're talking shit man, it's just been on the telly. He goes down under the challenge. See if anyone else agrees with your 1.5 seconds, takes two steps then goes down analysis.

People who want to see a real dive from yesterday, check out Chelsea's second goal vs Boro (OG Xavier)... that little piece of shit Robben does that swan thing he does in the build up and mysteriously loses control of his legs. Pathetic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy2pmBQTM2U

Cheeky twat celebrates as if he scored it as well.

Oh and pud - class! ;);):D:D:(

is it just me or was bramble just not really bothered. gooch played well

fair play to babayaro for playing despite his loss of his brother.

steve harper needs dropping, surely tim "unbeleivable" krul would be a better choice as at least he can kick a ball and keep goal?

is it just me or was bramble just not really bothered. gooch played well

fair play to babayaro for playing despite his loss of his brother.

steve harper needs dropping, surely tim "unbeleivable" krul would be a better choice as at least he can kick a ball and keep goal?

"Pass to Goochy on the right hand side"

"The Gooch, The Gooch, The Gooch is on fire"

<_<

Steve Harper would be playing for England if he didn't play for us you know. <_<

You're never going to get a goalie as good as Given who is going to sit on the bench 99% of the time (we'd be lucky to get another goalie as good as Given at all), not over 20 anyway.

When he's had extended runs in the team (which have been very few and very far between) he's done well enough.

England? Not really. But deserve the shit he gets? Not even close.

Steve Harper would be playing for England if he didn't play for us you know. <_<

You're never going to get a goalie as good as Given who is going to sit on the bench 99% of the time (we'd be lucky to get another goalie as good as Given at all), not over 20 anyway.

When he's had extended runs in the team (which have been very few and very far between) he's done well enough.

What shit does he actually get then? I've just seen one post here saying he needs dropping.

What shit does he actually get then? I've just seen one post here saying he needs dropping.

He gets pretty much nothing but shit from here for some reason, dispite the fact that we'd likely not have hung on to anyone better when Given is out so very little and that he actually does a pretty good job when he is needed (his kicking may be weak and I doubt his recent injury has helped in that respect either, but broadly he does a good job for how little first team action he gets - in fact in that reasonable run he got under Bobby Robson, Robson himself said it was very difficult to replace him with Given when Given was fit again).

He gets pretty much nothing but shit from here for some reason, dispite the fact that we'd likely not have hung on to anyone better when Given is out so very little and that he actually does a pretty good job when he is needed (his kicking may be weak and I doubt his recent injury has helped in that respect either, but broadly he does a good job for how little first team action he gets - in fact in that reasonable run he got under Bobby Robson, Robson himself said it was very difficult to replace him with Given when Given was fit again).

The only shit I've seen regarding Harper is the shit some posters rightly get when they claim he could be playing for England.

The only shit I've seen regarding Harper is the shit some posters rightly get when they claim he could be playing for England.

This is at least the 4th thread this season where he's been given a load of unwarrented bile.

As I said England? Not really.

But the crap he gets? People need to realise that they have a good thing (or at least a decent thing) when they see it.

When Krul is fit I think he should be the back up to Given rather than Harper. Harper has done a decent job when called upon and been a model professional but he's never going to be our No. 1, something that Krul could be one day and he needs playing time whether it be as Given's understudy or preferably on loan he has to start seeing some first team action in order to progress.

This is at least the 4th thread this season where he's been given a load of unwarrented bile.

As I said England? Not really.

But the crap he gets? People need to realise that they have a good thing (or at least a decent thing) when they see it.

Again, show me the evidence of the shit he gets. I fail to see it.

When Krul is fit I think he should be the back up to Given rather than Harper. Harper has done a decent job when called upon and been a model professional but he's never going to be our No. 1, something that Krul could be one day and he needs playing time whether it be as Given's understudy or preferably on loan he has to start seeing some first team action in order to progress.

Aye Krul should be give oppertunity, in the occasional no pressure games where we don't have to win, probably even ahead of Given.

That being said, potential isn't a guarentee of end quality, I can think of several young goalies in recent years that seemed to be the next big thing that haven't lived up to their potential.

Also if Krul has a few poor games and makes a few mistakes (and he will no matter how good or how much potential) there'll be calls for a lynching of him no doubt. <_<

Actually that's probably another ignored part of Harpers contribution, in that his competitive and yet friendly situation with Given probably helps inspired Given to be the best he can be.

Equally Harper will never be the goalie he might have been if he gone somewhere else and got 1st team football.

But still and england keeper? Probably not, but I think he possibly could have held a 1st team place at a Premiership club never the less, just not one with as good a 1st team keeper as Given.

Again, show me the evidence of the shit he gets. I fail to see it.

Go an look at the threads from the last time Given was injured, if you want to see it, plenty there.

People seem to expect him to come in after months without a first team game and play better than Given, that's just stupid, even if he was better than Given lack of first team action would mean he'd have bad games and glaring weaknesses from lack of first team match practice.

Tbh much like Bobby Robson I think a lot of people won't realise what we had/have until we don't have it anymore, as I'd be suprised if we can get the quality of the Given/Harper partnership again, especially over the same sort of time scale, we've been lucky with keepers for a long time now, with Given/Harper and before, but eventually we won't be and I think perhaps then people may appreciate it more..... although I doubt that will stop the 2 bad matches lynch em mentality, this is football after all. ;)

I think Krul should be sent out on loan because this season is a bit of a one off, in that Given rarely misses a game. Better to have Harper (who despite my joke is a more than capable deputy) warming the bench for 99% of games while Krul gets some games in.

................................................. like i was loud as fuck <_<

mmmm, and just how loud is that pray tell?

Are there decibel levels that determine the difference between loud as fuck and quiet as fuck?