Newcastle v Liverpool

Nobby

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye there was contact, but I wish Taylor wouldn't go down so theatrically. He's too big a bloke for any of that shit.

It was the amateur dramatics that made me think it was a dive. Taylor needs to sort it out, he's getting a Andy Johnson-esque reputation.

Yeap, agree with that. It is annoying <_<

Had to be a penalty. Nevertheless Taylor definitely laid on the theatrics, which is not something we want from NUFC players.

Onyewu looked like a professional today, I will say.

A few shaky moments but I'd put that down to the playing conditions, I'd say him playing was the reason Crouch was left on the bench.

dropped down about 1.5 seconds after contact tbh....

He didn't cos it was a penalty, but he flings his limbs outwards as if he's stood on a small landmine or something.

not disputing it was a penalty but he DID drop down after the fact ....benefit of armchair viewing multiple action replays !!

Edited by Radgina

He didn't cos it was a penalty, but he flings his limbs outwards as if he's stood on a small landmine or something.

not disputing it was a penalty but he DID drop down after the fact ....benefit of armchair viewing multiple action replays !!

I've seen it live and on replay man woman. He goes down as he's challenged but he makes a big deal of it. FACT!

I've seen it live and on replay man woman. He goes down as he's challenged but he makes a big deal of it. FACT!

two steps THEN down after the challenge...factadiddlymundo....

Just watched MOTD. A few things:

Obafemi is immense. That is all.

Bramble barely tried to stop the first goal. Lazy lump of shite. When he stopped Bellamy's later attempt I swear he didn't know where the ball was. Get shot of him.

Well done Stevie Taylor for getting straight back up after he (ever so slightly theatrically) went down in the box. THAT'S how you win a penalty.

Stevie Harper is the physical embodiment of how erratic and inconsistent we are as a team.

Baba deserves a fuck load of respect. I don't rate him as a player, but that takes balls like.

Baba deserves a fuck load of respect. I don't rate him as a player, but that takes balls like.

Aye fair play to the bloke. He didn't have an excellent game like, Roeder was being very kind to him there, but he did well to play at all under those circumstances.

Boss lauds Babayaro valour

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder paid tribute to Celestine Babayaro for his part in their Premiership victory over Liverpool just hours after the death of his brother.

The 28-year-old Nigerian defender was devastated on Friday night when his younger brother died at a London hospital after losing his battle against tuberculosis.

Babayaro decided to play in the game and helped the Magpies to fight their way back from Craig Bellamy's sixth-minute opener to clinch three precious points.

Roeder said: "Celestine Babayaro called me at 11.50pm last night. His younger brother has been suffering from tuberculosis and at 11.30pm last night, he lost his life.

"He called me back after midnight after consulting his older brothers and they thought his younger brother would have wanted him to play, so he came out this afternoon and played.

"I know exactly how he feels because I did the same the day my father died. That's why I waited for him particularly when he came off the pitch at the end.

"Celestine is travelling back to London tonight to be with his family and we will keep in touch over the next few days and hopefully, he will be fine to travel to Belgium on Wednesday.

"I would have accepted whatever he wanted to do, and now he has done that and also because we have won the game and got three points, he feels both very happy and sad at the same time."

<_<

As shite as he is it took an awful lot for him to play today, especially with the abuse he takes (deservedly so) from many sections of our support. But thanks to him for thinking of the club at such a traumatic time for him and his family.