***Official Cricket World Cup 2007 thread***

smoggeordie

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29.1 van Bunge to Gibbs, SIX, Violence! Gibbs charged down the track and hoicked it over long on.

29.2 van Bunge to Gibbs, SIX, Murder! Floated on the leg and middle stump line and Gibbs sends it soaring over long-off.

29.3 van Bunge to Gibbs, SIX, Carnage! Flatter one this time but it makes no difference to Gibbs. He just stands there and delivers. This one also has been sucked over long off

29.4 van Bunge to Gibbs, SIX, Wah Wah! Low full toss and guess where this went Yep. A slap slog and it went over deep midwicket! He is going to go for 6 sixes in this over!

29.5 van Bunge to Gibbs, SIX, Short in length, on the off stump line and Gibbs rocks back and swat-pulls it over wide long off. SImply amazing. What a batsman. This is pure violence!

29.6 van Bunge to Gibbs, SIX, He has done it! One-day record. No one has hit six sixes in a row. GIbbs stands alone in that zone. And the minnow bashing continues! Full and outside off and bludgeoned over deep midwicket

Poor Netherlands although Gibbs is in my dream team!

Anyone want to play this with me? It's a virtual fantasy cricket manager type game. I've just signed up in my boredom - I'm in Banger if anyone wants to join me. It reminds me of that Sunday League game I used to play.

Edit: A link would probably help. Here

Also, when you're signing up you have to put in your year of birth but for me the box was hidden. Go to month of birth and press tab and then type in your year in four numbers.

Apparently I get a bonus if you use this link instead.

I'm in this league if anyone wants to go up against me. There's a few computer spaces to takeover. Conference 3, League 3, Division 3, Northeast Region

Edited by Walliver

Flintoff dropped for today's game. Apparently was out pissed with Anderson and a few of the others after the defeat to NZ and had to be rescued from a pedalo or something.

What was all that after the Ashes about never hearing of the cricket lads misbehaving themselves the way footballers do? :lol:

..... and had to be rescued from a pedalo or something.

:lol:

Seriously. :D I don't know the full story, but you can just see the dozy cock setting sail for home in it.

"Taxi? Fuck the taxi. I'm going by pedalo."

..... and had to be rescued from a pedalo or something.

:lol:

Seriously. :D I don't know the full story, but you can just see the dozy cock setting sail for home in it.

"Taxi? Fuck the taxi. I'm going by pedalo."

You can definitely see it <_<

Pedalo :lol:

Was it one with those swans on it?

England v Canada on FoxSports 1 and Aussies v Netherlands on Fox 3 and Villa v Liverpool on Fox 2, great viewing!

Latest news - England v Canada

Andrew Flintoff has been dropped by England as they take on Canada in a must-win World Cup match in group C.

He was omitted for breaching discipline rules after allegedly leading others in a late-night drinking session.

Canada won the toss and sent England in to bat with Ravi Bopara coming in to play in place of Flintoff to earn his second cap in one-day internationals.

Flintoff was dropped for disciplinary reasons, but other England players who were fined were named in the side.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/6464187.stm

Only allegedly?? :lol:

Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer has been rushed to hospital after being found unconscious in his hotel room.

The 58-year-old former South Africa coach, who played for England between 1975-81, was discovered at his hotel in Jamaica at 1045 local time on Sunday.

Pakistan were eliminated from the World Cup on Saturday after losing by three wickets to minnows Ireland.

Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer has been rushed to hospital after being found unconscious in his hotel room.

The 58-year-old former South Africa coach, who played for England between 1975-81, was discovered at his hotel in Jamaica at 1045 local time on Sunday.

Pakistan were eliminated from the World Cup on Saturday after losing by three wickets to minnows Ireland.

he deed :lol:

Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer has died after being discovered in his Jamaica hotel room on Sunday morning.

The 58-year-old former South Africa coach, who played for England between 1975-81, was found unconscious at the Pegasus Hotel at 1045 local time.

He was taken to the emergency ward of the nearby University hospital but did not regain consciousness.

Woolmer told BBC Radio Five Live after the Ireland match that he was considering his future in the game.

There are a number of extenuating circumstances in the last six months that have made coaching Pakistan slightly different to normal sides

Bob Woolmer

"My contract runs out on 30 June anyway but I want to sleep on it before I make a decision about my future," he said on Saturday evening.

"I have said I am reluctant to continue in international cricket purely because of all the travelling but I will stay in cricket at a different level.

"But I think the decision has been made for me really. I will talk to the PCB and if they want me to stay until 30 June I will stay, if they want me to go I will go.

"I am not going to break my contract but if the PCB want to get rid of me that is their business."

Pakistan's preparations for the World Cup have been far from ideal, which Woolmer also alluded to.

Following the infamous forfeited Test against England at The Oval last summer, two of their leading fast bowlers Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif, were suspended after failing doping tests.

606: DEBATE

A great loss to cricket

AC

The pair later saw those bans rescinded but missed the World Cup because of injury, something Woolmer admitted had hindered the team.

"There are a number of extenuating circumstances in the last six months that have made coaching Pakistan slightly different to normal sides," he said.

"Those are the things I would have to consider and those things would have to change if I was to continue."