Official Formula 1 thread

Ketsbaia

Who do you think will win the title?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aye, a tougher race as well.

agreed, and had never raced on that circuit before this weekend, the lad is a phenomenon.

He has all the makings of being World Drivers Champion this year without a shadow of a doubt. What's more, nobody is getting anywhere near him.

Alonso put him under pressure with the attempted move but Lewis was supreme in closing the door.

As they alluded to last week, he's nearly halfway through his first season and he's never known what it's like to finish a race and not climb onto the podium - phenomenal!

Alonso put him under pressure with the attempted move but Lewis was supreme in closing the door.

:blush:

Brought this to mind:

esp912.jpg

Quite agree - I remember that move so well. Also reminded me of Mansell and Piquet at Silverstone in 1987.

These pair are the most competitive team-mates since Senna and Prost at McLaren in the late 80s. I've made the connection a couple of times that Hamilton is an awesome McLaren driver who wears a predominately yellow helmet.

We all know who that was previously.

the lad is a machine, really. he makes very few,if any mistakes and reminds me of valentio rossi on motorbikes. rossi is known as the doctor because he's always working out how to make his bike go quicker and often goes beyond its limits! this lad is similair in the way he works, always pushing to get faster and faster.

realistically even the greats haven't had starting seasons like this guy. if he has the car in the future i can see this guy doing better than most of the so called greats.

the lad is a machine, really. he makes very few,http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=12315

Official Formula 1 threadif any mistakes and reminds me of valentio rossi on motorbikes. rossi is known as the doctor because he's always working out how to make his bike go quicker and often goes beyond its limits! this lad is similair in the way he works, always pushing to get faster and faster.

realistically even the greats haven't had starting seasons like this guy. if he has the car in the future i can see this guy doing better than most of the so called greats.

I've watched Formula 1 since I was a nipper now and i've never seen anyone like Lewis Hamilton. The lad just seems to know all the ins and outs after only half a season racing. I hated the way the press were building him up after the first GP when he did nothing spectacular (He drove the car home to third, fair enough) but since then he's came on leaps and bounds. It'll be interesting to see what McLaren do if Lewis remains in this dominant position well into the second half of the year.

The future of F1 is looking really bright. Rosberg and Kovalinen are slowly finding their feet, it's only a matter of time before Piquet Jnr and Senna get real drives and Vettel looked very good today. GP2 is starting to produce some really good rookies.

Edited by Skol

Shame there were more empty seats than at the Stadio de Plop-Plop today.

To be fair it isn't a popular sport there and there are no US drivers.

Except Scott Speed. But I take your point. I expect they were all at home watching NASCAR.

Except Scott Speed. But I take your point. I expect they were all at home watching NASCAR.

Just makes me think of ricky bobby.

ITV mentioned something about Alonso not being happy that Hamilton didn't yield when he tried to overtake him.

Good. It's called Formula 1 Racing for a reason.

He can go fuck himself tbh. There's rumours abound that he's been stomping around the factory at Woking like Veruca Salt with a serious case of PMT because the new kid isn't letting him win.

He's got so used to a situation at Renault whereby Flav did everything to keep him happy and he's obviously expected the same sort of treatment at McLaren (particularly as Hamilton is a rookie). Not a chance, for over 25 years now Ron has not implemented any team orders and I don't expect him to start now.

Fernando, make your driving do the talking, what's sad about all of it is he was far and away the most complete driver until Lewis came along. These two could 'race' together for years and bring the degree of spectacle back to the sport. It seems Alonso wants him to move to one side and let him win though and it doesn't work like that.

The kid is awesome but the press are setting him up for a massive fall by almost suggesting he's bullet proof. He's not, and one day he is going to get it wrong. Just hope we don't have a massive post-mortem when it does.

As an aside, how fucked off must Jenson be? That Honda is a complete pile of dogshit! :lol:

ITV mentioned something about Alonso not being happy that Hamilton didn't yield when he tried to overtake him.

He can go fuck himself tbh. There's rumours abound that he's been stomping around the factory at Woking like Veruca Salt with a serious case of PMT because the new kid isn't letting him win.

He's got so used to a situation at Renault whereby Flav did everything to keep him happy and he's obviously expected the same sort of treatment at McLaren (particularly as Hamilton is a rookie). Not a chance, for over 25 years now Ron has not implemented any team orders and I don't expect him to start now.

Fernando, make your driving do the talking, what's sad about all of it is he was far and away the most complete driver until Lewis came along. These two could 'race' together for years and bring the degree of spectacle back to the sport. It seems Alonso wants him to move to one side and let him win though and it doesn't work like that.

The kid is awesome but the press are setting him up for a massive fall by almost suggesting he's bullet proof. He's not, and one day he is going to get it wrong. Just hope we don't have a massive post-mortem when it does.

As an aside, how fucked off must Jenson be? That Honda is a complete pile of dogshit! :lol:

This post is first-name-terms-tastic. :razz:

So he's found his level at last. :razz:

Harsh! :razz:

He's a much better driver than he's being percieved IMO. If he was in a BMW Sauber at the moment, I think we'd be seeing a strong challenge to McLaren from him :razz:

Didn't McLaren have a team orders situation a few years ago at the first race of the season in Oz? I'm sure I can remember Coulthard having to slow down and let Hakkinen past.

How long is Alonso's contract? I can see him flouncing off to Ferrari in a year or two, especially if Kimi continues to under perform.

The fact that Alonso's side of the pit won't even share strategy with Hamilton's shows how rattled the Spaniard is :razz:

_43059513_mclarendrivers203.jpg

That photo is brilliant :razz: How pissed is Fernando?

Didn't McLaren have a team orders situation a few years ago at the first race of the season in Oz? I'm sure I can remember Coulthard having to slow down and let Hakkinen past.

How long is Alonso's contract? I can see him flouncing off to Ferrari in a year or two, especially if Kimi continues to under perform.

Aye, got them a bollocking aswell IIRC.

I'm sure Alonso is there for atleast another two or three years but he might do a Button and try and pay off his own contract if he isn't happy at the team.

Wasn't a 'team' order, it was a pact that Hakkinen and Coulthard had made prior to the race in that should they be 1st and 2nd after the last pit stops, the one who got to the first corner first would win the race and the other would yield if he was ahead. DC honoured his promise.

Ron Dennis knew absolutely nothing about it and told the press to take it up with the drivers rather than him.

Different from the Ferrari carry on in Austria a few years later.

Is it bad that i'm actually beginning to like Ron Dennis? :lol:

I always used to think he was an up his own arse bully but I actually warmed to him when you saw his reaction after the GP yesterday.

Is it bad that i'm actually beginning to like Ron Dennis? :lol:

I always used to think he was an up his own arse bully but I actually warmed to him when you saw his reaction after the GP yesterday.

Nope, I think he's a genuine bloke who's passionate about the team he runs and has worked all his life in.

Never knew until I read it somewhere that he started life as Bruce McLaren's mechanic when the team was initally setup.

Its always the same, yanks only follow sports where the they are the only competing nation in the World championships.