Israel vs England

Baggio

What did the FA expect when they appointed someone who was Sven's right-hand man and who had done an average job (with a canny bit of wedge) at Middlesbrough?

Roeder for England! :lol:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

accomplished managers like Mourinho, Ferguson, Luiz Felipe Scolari and Guus Hiddink influence games by their charismatic presence on the touchline, or decisive tactical changes and substitutions.

None out of 3 for Rodders.

Or McClaren.

accomplished managers like Mourinho, Ferguson, Luiz Felipe Scolari and Guus Hiddink influence games by their charismatic presence on the touchline, or decisive tactical changes and substitutions.

Or McClaren.

He got the job on the back of 3 flukey results in Europe he has never looked like emulating.

The daft thing is, if Crouch had been fit (canny player but nowt special imo) I reckon we'd have scraped a 1-0 and gotten out of jail.

Or McClaren.

He got the job on the back of 3 flukey results in Europe he has never looked like emulating.

That's the top and bottom of it. Clawing back deficits against sub-standard European sides using the subtle tactical approach of ZOMG 4-2-4 FOR DA LAST HALF HOUR!!!1111, and they gave him the England job. A cursory glance at the league table would have shown them that Boro finished 16th that season, and that they were doing the club a favour by taking him off their hands.

I don't think Allardyce is England manager material, but he'd be getting a LOT more out of this lot than McClaren is, and without any PR gurus on the scene.

Apparently McClaren is picking up £2.5m a year btw - wtf?!

Or McClaren.

That's the top and bottom of it. Clawing back deficits against sub-standard European sides using the subtle tactical approach of ZOMG 4-2-4 FOR DA LAST HALF HOUR!!!1111, and they gave him the England job. A cursory glance at the league table would have shown them that Boro finished 16th that season, and that they were doing the club a favour by taking him off their hands.

I don't think Allardyce is England manager material, but he'd be getting a LOT more out of this lot than McClaren is, and without any PR gurus on the scene.

Big Sam getting the England job would be good for England and for Newcastle - I doubt Bolton would be in the Top 6 for much longer if he left. He really is doing fantastically well there.

Or McClaren.

Big Sam getting the England job would be good for England and for Newcastle - I doubt Bolton would be in the Top 6 for much longer if he left. He really is doing fantastically well there.

As much as people go on about their style of football, I still think he would be the ideal man for the job here.

He knows the league, so would be less of a risk than bringing someone from outside the premiership, but would also change the whole coachings set up here from fitness and diets to a decent scouting system at the club. If all this talk of us having less money to spend is true too, I have more faith in him spending it well than Rodders..

Or McClaren.

As much as people go on about their style of football, I still think he would be the ideal man for the job here.

He knows the league, so would be less of a risk than bringing someone from outside the premiership, but would also change the whole coachings set up here from fitness and diets to a decent scouting system at the club. If all this talk of us having less money to spend is true too, I have more faith in him spending it well than Rodders..

Aye.

Square pegs round holes basically. McClaren trying to be far too clever and the team look completely confused. Boro fans will tell you how bad he was for playing players in totally alien positions and watching them have a stinker, yet doing fuck all about it. I believe he spent two seasons playing Mendieta out on the right wing where he was awful yet he wouldn't change it.

England need to go back to basics, fullbacks playing at full back, Lennon playing right wing etc. Won't fucking happen like.

Square pegs round holes basically. McClaren trying to be far too clever and the team look completely confused. Boro fans will tell you how bad he was for playing players in totally alien positions and watching them have a stinker, yet doing fuck all about it. I believe he spent two seasons playing Mendieta out on the right wing where he was awful yet he wouldn't change it.

England need to go back to basics, fullbacks playing at full back, Lennon playing right wing etc. Won't fucking happen like.

Mendieta of central defensive mf fame.... :lol:

Champions League winner :lol:

Champions League winner :lol:

Falklands War hero.

.................................................... Sven's right-hand man and who had done an average job (with a canny bit of wedge) at Middlesbrough?

Not sure I would call; 97 wins, 93 losses, 60 draws, an average job, that's about a 38% win ratio.

.................................................... Sven's right-hand man and who had done an average job (with a canny bit of wedge) at Middlesbrough?

Not sure I would call; 97 wins, 93 losses, 60 draws, an average job, that's about a 38% win ratio.

Below average?

Are you saying he did a shit job then? :lol:

No I'm not saying that, I'm saying it was less than average.

If you go alone by points won and lost then;

97x3=291 for a total of points won.

93x3=279 plus 60x2=120 for a total of 399 points lost.

291 points won versus 399 points lost in my book is not what I would call average.

No I'm not saying that, I'm saying it was less than average.

If you go alone by points won and lost then;

97x3=291 for a total of points won.

93x3=279 plus 60x2=120 for a total of 399 points lost.

291 points won versus 399 points lost in my book is not what I would call average.

Conveniently ignoring he got them to their only European final ever and won the club's first ever trophy. Bumps the score up a bit tbh. Did the site you looked them stats up on not mention that? :lol:

The boro fans couldn't wait to get rid of him, which says it all really.

I was listening to a radio interview with either Steve Gibson or Keith (?) Lamb a while ago and getting the distinct impression there was little love lost from the Boro hierachy towards McClaren.

McClaren is dropping Hargreaves for tonight, and reuniting Gerrard and Lampard in the middle.

I'm going to watch The Apprentice instead. ;)

Same here. If you watch an England match these days you deserve everything you get tbh.