Redevelopment

Shearergol

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Renton was less Benton and more Palmersville tbh.

:o

Also, "Have you got a Wideopen or a Longbenton?"

Playground classic tbh.

i actually think it's a good idea. the stadium will feel more uniform and it should bring the club more money. the east stand problem will never go away so it is the logical 'next step' in the ground's redevelopment

but i can't get my head around the timing. i imagine the loan for the work will be secured against future season ticket sales. this part of the development should have been done last time, not when attendances are going down for the first time in years.

i can't see ticket prices going down any time soon now. but hey, evem though our team is shite at least we'll be able to say we've got a half decent ground.

I suspect the FA's decision to seriously bid for the 2018 WC and that fact that Sunderland will be quite keen to be a host ground will have something to do with it as well :o

I suspect the FA's decision to seriously bid for the 2018 WC and that fact that Sunderland will be quite keen to be a host ground will have something to do with it as well ;)

I suspect that's rubbish tbh. :o

the dwindling atmosphere will probably worsen too.

although i honestly belive that 60k is about the right capacity for us IF we put a half decent team out.

not many clubs would sell out a 52k capacity stadium for so long with as shite a side as we've had over the past few years.

Build it and they will come

:o

George Reynolds ??

;)

Peter Kay / Phoenix Nights isn't it and that Kevin Costner baseball film. Or have I been whooshed?

We should just the money on players to be honest.

Seasons & Seasons of shite transfer activity & now its time to spend £300m on the staduim...

Isn't George Reynolds the crook of a chairman who Darlington have??

Have they managed to fill their place yet? :o

Literally. He's not chairman any more though.

My mate saw him in the Somerfield buying toilet roll after he'd lost all his money,

;)

Not sure if thats the exact dude but it was the darlo fella FO SHO

Aye I know, I should have said 'had' rather than 'have'....

Apparently they are not allowed to fill it as there are insufficient parking facilities so for the recent Darlington/Hartlepool match they were only allowed 10,000 fans.

Apparently they are not allowed to fill it as there are insufficient parking facilities so for the recent Darlington/Hartlepool match they were only allowed 10,000 fans.

You're fucking kidding me! ;)

PLANNING!!!! :nufc:

300 Million?

Fucking rediculous.. We need a fucking Team who can play football, not an extra 8 thousand empty seats.

It's not OUR money it's from private finance.

could well be a loan tbh. sounds like fat fred is claiming credit for this so i'm not sure if it is connected to the takeover talk...

300 Million?

Fucking rediculous.. We need a fucking Team who can play football, not an extra 8 thousand empty seats.

It's not OUR money it's from private finance.

could well be a loan tbh. sounds like fat fred is claiming credit for this so i'm not sure if it is connected to the takeover talk...

Newbiggin :o

We should just the money on players to be honest.

Seasons & Seasons of shite transfer activity & now its time to spend £300m on the staduim...

The difference is that the stuff they are planning will probably make money for them.... as opposed to the team. :o

If it's not connected to the club in any way whatsoever why the unneccesary expense of extending SJP?

Sop to the masses? (and maybe some of it will require bits be changed/extended anyway)