Beardsley Talk Last Night

geordieshandy

Now I wasn't there (was anyone off here?) so this is all second-hand.

Beardsley's First XI (If everyone was fit)

Given

Ramage Bramble Taylor N'Zogbia

Solano Butt Emre Duff

Owen Shola

Mentioned also that he didn't really rate Martins, wouldn't play Dyer and thinks that Milner is very over-rated.

Also had a bit of wank of Paul Scholes, and told a few stories.

Given

Solano Butt Emre Duff

Owen Shola

Mentioned also that he didn't really rate Martins, wouldn't play Dyer and thinks that Milner is very over-rated.

Went to one a few weeks ago where he was bigging up Shola and said "It's not [John] Barnes fault he's black" :o

Also didn't hestitate to say he'd love to manage us...let's hope he isn't asked.

Given

Solano Butt Emre Duff

Owen Shola

Went to one a few weeks ago where he was bigging up Shola and said "It's not [John] Barnes fault he's black" :o

Also didn't hestitate to say he'd love to manage us...let's hope he isn't asked.

I'd take him over the Rat tbh.

He's right though. It's his parents'.

Are you ruling out the possibility of Barnes having his way with Shola's mum?

How? How can you justify playing shola and sib ahead of martins. Hes scored twice as many!

Milner and Dyer are the only 2 players we have who actually run at men, along with zoggy, but then hes playing at LB!

My mate had an argument with Peter the Great once about Gerrard. Turns out Pedro doesn't rate him. This was a few years ago now so he may have changed his mind. However, after checking his formation out I can only presume he is still mental.

How? How can you justify playing shola and sib ahead of martins. Hes scored twice as many!

Milner and Dyer are the only 2 players we have who actually run at men, along with zoggy, but then hes playing at LB!

Well, I agree with you about Dyer and while I've got a bit of time for Milner I've never particularly thought he had the enough of the required attributes to be all that good and I've said that before. Shola would be a better partner for Owen and Owen is far better than Martins for me. Martins will get goals and tbf (assuming we stay up - which I think we will) a large chunk of that will be down to those goals. Two things worry me about Martins in particular though - his movement and his first touch - both are terrible. Who mentioned Sibierski? I think he's gash fwiw. Btw: I just meant the 3 things you quoted rather than agreeing with his team selection in general.

Edited by alex

Given

Solano Butt Emre Duff

Owen Shola

....................Given

?..............Taylor........?.............?

Milner.........Dyer...............?..................Zoggy

....................................Martins............

........................Owen.........................

I'd fill ? with new players and kick off with Martins/Owen see how it goes. Dyer would need to come forward as needed and brush up on his link play and his little runs (which he is good at anyway).

IMO we should get rid of Duff/Parker/Ameobi and any of the others we can get good money for.

Keep Butt as the replacement DM role covering for inj and rest.

Beardsley as manager? I like the bloke and what he did for us as a player was special indeed, but he isn't management material in my opinion. Stick to talk-ins Pedro.

to be fair he was asked the question. He wasn't touting himself.

That's only because Dyer's control is so bad he has to chase the ball after he touches it and it ricochets off his leg.

I'm canny sure that Martins and Owen won't work, in the same way that I don't think Dyer and Martins work well together, and for why Shearer and Ameobi never worked. It's a shame like but we sorely need someone who can hold the ball up and play people in. With Owen and Martins on the pitch they'd both be getting their head and running, or trying to get the shot in, when there's a plainly better option.

Shearer and Ameobi didn't work because ameobi hasn't got the minerals, simple as

:lol:

Quality expression tbf

Someone's been watching Snatch tbf.

What he does in his private life is his own affair.