Another country to live in, which would it be?

bobbyshinton

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although NZ looks stunning I think it may be a little bit too much of a step back in time for me - prefer somewhere a little more cosmopolitan and vibrant. Saying that, my favourite parts of the word vary from fantastic cities to coastal towns and countryside. I could happily live in Australia, New York (an apartment in Manhattan please) a farmhouse in France or Italy, a town house in Dublin, Barcelona or in one of the non-touristy, hidden spots in northern Mallorca.

Anywhere pretty and interesting, and it has to be close to the sea.

Olive farms are nice.

Although NZ looks stunning I think it may be a little bit too much of a step back in time for me - prefer somewhere a little more cosmopolitan and vibrant. Saying that, my favourite parts of the word vary from fantastic cities to coastal towns and countryside. I could happily live in Australia, New York (an apartment in Manhattan please) a farmhouse in France or Italy, a town house in Dublin, Barcelona or in one of the non-touristy, hidden spots in northern Mallorca.

Olive farms are nice.

Stayed in a converted olive press in Tuscany once. Was a canny holiday. We were the only people in the village who spoke English like, so trying to buy anything involved pointing and speaking very loud in English.

Olive farms are nice.

Stayed in a converted olive press in Tuscany once. Was a canny holiday. We were the only people in the village who spoke English like, so trying to buy anything involved pointing and speaking very loud in English.

From the places you mentioned California looks good. I enjoyed Santa Barbara for some reason...the women are very nice there! Costs a fotune though throughout the better bits of California. ont fancy the idea of ending up in a trailer park. :lol:

Guest Patrokles

Northeast of America, Norway, New Zealand, somewhere in the mountains, possibly a quiet village in the shadow of Mt. Fuji.

Who you're with is more important than where you are, though.

Olive farms are nice.

The fresh local produce is something to behold in places like Tuscany. I spent a few months in the middle of France Massif Central (sp) with a French girl on a farm.....The sheer stillness..Beautiful.

Guest Patrokles

Olive farms are nice.

The fresh local produce is something to behold in places like Tuscany. I spent a few months in the middle of France Massif Central (sp) with a French girl on a farm.....The sheer stillness..Beautiful.

Parky retreats to isolated French farmstead with girl. I'm not sure he means the countryside when referring to the beautiful, still thing in front of him. 'Baby, now you'll never leave me... but how peaceful you look. My, my.'

Edited by Patrokles

Olive farms are nice.

Parky retreats to isolated French farmstead with girl. I'm not sure he means the countryside when referring to the beautiful, still thing in front of him. 'Baby, now you'll never leave me... but how peaceful you look. My, my.'

:razz:

:lol:

...actually that reminds me she was a devout Catholic and had this little foibal of sleeping with a bible under the pillow.

Edited by Parky

Guest Patrokles

Olive farms are nice.

:razz:

...actually that reminds me she was a devout Catholic and had this little foibal of sleeping with a bible under the pillow.

I bet she only started that after she met you. :)

Olive farms are nice.

:)

I bet she only started that after she met you. :D

...I must say I found the whole business quite invigorating.. :razz:

Edited by Parky

Guest Patrokles

Olive farms are nice.

Exorciso te, immunde spiritus,

et omnes administros tuos,

in nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti,

et in nomine beatissimae Virginis Mariae.

Amen.

Olive farms are nice.

Exorciso te, immunde spiritus,

et omnes administros tuos,

in nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti,

et in nomine beatissimae Virginis Mariae.

Amen.

I say that's not very sporting. :D

Edited by Parky

Ghent in Belgium.

The same Belgium regularly voted the most boring country on earth.

That's only because they are always out having fun so don't have time to vote in stupid polls!

I'd be happy to live anywhere that had English as a first language.

i'm totally the opposite, i hate going anywhere where they all speak english, it makes a holiday too easy..

I could definitely live in Madrid, or anywhere in Northern Italy.. esp around Florence

I'd be happy to live anywhere that had English as a first language.

i'm totally the opposite, i hate going anywhere where they all speak english, it makes a holiday too easy..

I could definitely live in Madrid, or anywhere in Northern Italy.. esp around Florence

My main reason for native English speakers is because I want to be a journalist - I'll struggle in English nevermind if I need to learn a new language. I know some countries may have English publications for ex-pats and the like but I'd have to be guaranteed a job with one of those before I'd think about moving.

I'm all for going on holidays elsewhere but I couldn't live somewhere without English.