Rio Ferdinand

themags

Van Der Saar had a shocker. What the fuck he was doing when Rio knocked the ball back is anyones guess. He palmed the ball away like a schoolboy keeper too often and the first goal came from that.

Never really rated VDS and todays performance was appalling.

Van Der Saar had a shocker. What the fuck he was doing when Rio knocked the ball back is anyones guess. He palmed the ball away like a schoolboy keeper too often and the first goal came from that.

Never really rated VDS and todays performance was appalling.

Hugely overrated since he moved there, didn't get half the praise when he was at Fulham.

Well we can't know for sure... whether or not VdS called it or called for it to be left is the key here.

Anyway concerning Rio, I thought he was more at fault for the first goal!! just got totally bullied.

ferdinand was far too casual - he didn't look up to see where the keeper was and just played it without looking -

Mind I'm trying to get Mad Sir Alex's face at that moment as a screen saver........

exactly right luke.

not in the same class as john terry for my money.

overpaid thick as theives ponce tbh.

You could apply the same to Terry IMO, neither are fit to lace Woodgate's boots.

Terry is absolutely top drawer and you know it, although Woody's been playing quality for Burra he's now susceptible to a turn of pace something which he never was while playing for us.

Edited by Jonny2J

which begs the question, what would boro be like without him. and why did we not re sign him. i can testify what jonny says because i've had a similar thigh injury to woodgate and your initial accelleration is lessened greatly by this kind of thing.

Edited by canofbeans

exactly right luke.

You could apply the same to Terry IMO, neither are fit to lace Woodgate's boots.

Yes, you could, but you'd be wrong.

exactly right luke.

Yes, you could, but you'd be wrong.

:icon_lol:

He's overpaid and a big believer in his own hype, but he's still very good. Not as good as Woodgate though.