Martins: Best is yet to come

Jimbo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seems an odd target given there are normally 7-8 a hell of a lot worse on the pitch game in, game out.

Difference is though that those 7 or 8 players get roundly slated by everyone, whereas Martins either escapes criticism or is jizzed about by people who have his picture in their signature and genuinely think he's one of the best players in the world (see the thread where the majority voted that they wouldn't swap him for Rooney :nufc: ). Someone (with a brain) needs to act as a counterbalance to that, and that someone is me. :lol:

Now pop another tampax in and shut it, you beardy kebab muncher!

Now you know how it FEELS to be PERSECUTED for having opinions. :razz:

Tbf you're just persecuted for being a dick.

Just seems an odd target given there are normally 7-8 a hell of a lot worse on the pitch game in, game out.

Difference is though that those 7 or 8 players get roundly slated by everyone, whereas Martins either escapes criticism or is jizzed about by people who have his picture in their signature and genuinely think he's one of the best players in the world (see the thread where the majority voted that they wouldn't swap him for Rooney :lol: ). Someone (with a brain) needs to act as a counterbalance to that, and that someone is me. :razz:

Now you know how it FEELS to be PERSECUTED for having opinions. :nufc:

:nufc:

Best is yet to come? I would fucking hope so.

Me too, .........question is WHEN??

17 goals in his first season, playing on his own up front for a shit team, he's not done too bad in my view, but could be much better.

Fair enough he has scored 17 goals but we need some one who is a play maker aswell and also gets tapins (how many tapins has martins had this season). I would much rather have payed £10m for Berbatov because he has been immense this season.

I agree we need a playmaker but we need one to act as a foil for Martins rather than a replacement for him and Owen certainly isn't the answer which is why I can't see the two of them working well together next season.

Guest Patrokles

Difference is though that those 7 or 8 players get roundly slated by everyone, whereas Martins either escapes criticism or is jizzed about by people who have his picture in their signature and genuinely think he's one of the best players in the world (see the thread where the majority voted that they wouldn't swap him for Rooney :nufc: ). Someone (with a brain) needs to act as a counterbalance to that, and that someone is me. :lol:

Now you know how it FEELS to be PERSECUTED for having opinions. :razz:

To be honest, if dumb cunts like you, ewerk, fishy and Vic, think I'm a dick, then I'm pretty pleased with myself.

Edited by Patrokles

17 goals in his first season, playing on his own up front for a shit team, he's not done too bad in my view, but could be much better.

Fair enough he has scored 17 goals but we need some one who is a play maker aswell and also gets tapins (how many tapins has martins had this season). I would much rather have payed £10m for Berbatov because he has been immense this season.

Hindsight is wonderful thing, without Martins we'd be down there with Watford.

Guest Patrokles

Personally I'd say Martins has a very erratic touch, rather than a poor one. Sometimes it sticks like glue, others it really doesn't.

Aye, I can't remember too many Berbatovforthetoon websites being set up pre season.

Aye, I can't remember too many Berbatovforthetoon websites being set up pre season.

Who has been better this season...and say it truthfully and dont say martins because he plays for the toon but who has been more creative and has also been scoring goals Martins Or Berbatov

Edited by bawan

Who has been better this season...and say it truthfully and dont say martins because he plays for the toon but he has been more creative and has also been scoring goals Martins Or Berbatov

I wouldn't argue about that, all I'm saying is there's no crediblilty in the argument that "we should have signed Berbatov, he's better", we didn't have crystal ball in August.

Might as well have said "we should have signed Cristano Ronaldo instead of Viana"

its facile.

I wouldn't argue about that, all I'm saying is there's no crediblilty in the argument that "we should have signed Berbatov, he's better", we didn't have crystal ball in August.

Might as well have said "we should have signed Cristano Ronaldo instead of Viana"

its facile.

No we had no way of knowing but the manager should have.

Who has been better this season...and say it truthfully and dont say martins because he plays for the toon but he has been more creative and has also been scoring goals Martins Or Berbatov

its facile.

yeh but spurs didnt have a cristal ball either and they payed £10m for berbatov and if you ask me the way he has played this season £10m is a bargain

Difference is though that those 7 or 8 players get roundly slated by everyone, whereas Martins either escapes criticism or is jizzed about by people who have his picture in their signature and genuinely think he's one of the best players in the world (see the thread where the majority voted that they wouldn't swap him for Rooney :lol: ). Someone (with a brain) needs to act as a counterbalance to that, and that someone is me. :razz:

To be honest, if dumb cunts like you, ewerk, fishy and Vic, think I'm a dick, then I'm pretty pleased with myself.

Irratating people on a message board, what lofty ambitions you have. :nufc:

its facile.

yeh but spurs didnt have a cristal ball either and they payed £10m for berbatov and if you ask me the way he has played this season £10m is a bargain

Jesus wept.

What is if with you two? If you don't like what he posted just leave it alone. You both seem as bad as each other. :first:

its facile.

Fuck off you big drip. You've been reading far too much Alan Oliver.

Berbatov's adapted to life in the Premiership better but i'd lay money on Martins getting a shedload more if he was in Tottenham's side. As everyone else has said hindsight is a wonderful thing but if you'd asked me if the beginning of the season who i'd rather have i'd have went for Martins. It's daft to expect a 21 year old from a foriegn country to come in and perform, especially in a side like this. 17 goals im his first season is a great return IMO.

Lets see how he does next year before acting like complete pricks.

Guest Patrokles

Once again, you fail to interpret things properly. I'll spell it out for you, as usual. It was a flippant remark based on the fact that if you dislike me, I figure I'm doing something right. Not that I set out every day to irritate you. Typical wannabe doctor talk to base everything on aspirations and ambition, though. I'm just glad if I'm happy.

Difference is though that those 7 or 8 players get roundly slated by everyone, whereas Martins either escapes criticism or is jizzed about by people who have his picture in their signature and genuinely think he's one of the best players in the world (see the thread where the majority voted that they wouldn't swap him for Rooney :nufc: ). Someone (with a brain) needs to act as a counterbalance to that, and that someone is me. :first:

Now you know how it FEELS to be PERSECUTED for having opinions. :friends:

Once again, you fail to interpret things properly. I'll spell it out for you, as usual. It was a flippant remark based on the fact that if you dislike me, I figure I'm doing something right. Not that I set out every day to irritate you. Typical wannabe doctor talk to base everything on aspirations and ambition, though. I'm just glad if I'm happy.

:lol: It's not my fault I'm going places. :razz:

If Martins was anywhere else in the Premiership with his goal tally, people would be shouting about getting him to come here. Because he's already ours, its just expected that people will pick fault.

So what if Martins doesnt have the best first touch all the time, he's found the net on many occasions and is playing in an out of sorts team

Some people need to remember that we're not the "Force" that we used to be and should concentrate their criticisms where its more deserved

Good point - i don't think he will ever be world class but you can't knock him for effort and he has got more goals than i expected since he has never been prolific and he isplaying in a pretty naff team - stick somebody alongside him who can hold the ball up and form a cohesive partnership AND score his fair share of goals.

There are many areas elsewhere in the team can be criticised more fervently than attack

i don't think he will ever be world class

I think you're wrong there, he has the fantastic natural attributes of pace and power which are hugely important in today's game, his failings of poor control and movement are things that can be taught, practiced and improved upon.

He has the potential to be a very, very good player but its not going to happen under the current regime at NUFC where our only two decent coaches were both defenders and we don't have any track record of improving players at all.

If Martins was anywhere else in the Premiership with his goal tally, people would be shouting about getting him to come here. Because he's already ours, its just expected that people will pick fault.

So what if Martins doesnt have the best first touch all the time, he's found the net on many occasions and is playing in an out of sorts team

Some people need to remember that we're not the "Force" that we used to be and should concentrate their criticisms where its more deserved

If Ameobi had scored the same amount of goals people would rightfully still point at the shortcomings of his game...

If Ameobi had scored the same amount of goals people would rightfully still point at the shortcomings of his game...

Exactly. Fucking hell, it's not even like it's unfair criticism. The people who want his critics to be quiet all basically concede that his touch and movement are poor. It's like "Yeah his touch and movement are pretty bad a lot of the time, but do we really need to talk about it? Can we not just keep talking about how shit Bramble is, or about Parker's pirouettes? Let's focus on criticising others and leave Martins alone."