Storms

Elric

It was so humid on the metro it was unbelievable. Then when I got off at Tynemouth, at about 6.10 it was pitch black with the street lights on. I had no option but to walk home without a jacket.  :angry:

But getting pissed on didn't bother me too much - I was convinced I was going to get struck by lightning! There were bolts flying off left, right and centre!

You know when you hear thunder immediately after the flash, and it actually sounds like the sky is being torn apart, before there's a huge boom? Well, I experienced about 10 of them in two minutes. The nearest struck a house about 100 feet away. I was temporarily blinded and my ears popped.

I was just shitting myself waiting for my hair to stand on end, which is apparently the last thing you feel before you're fried. I now need to change my underwear as well as all my outer clothes.  :lol:

Wierd as well. When I got back home, virtually everything that needs electromagnetic radiation wasn't working - Sky, the radio, my mobile, my wireless LAN, the internet or my land line. Now the lightning's receding everything's come back on line.

25328[/snapback]

Yup thats God telling you not to be so pessimistic. :rolleyes:

My car is fucked. Water up to the gearstick, the gleeful children paddling in the putrid water are telling me.

25360[/snapback]

You've just reminded me to take mine off the grass outside my house

cheers :rolleyes:

It was so humid on the metro it was unbelievable. Then when I got off at Tynemouth, at about 6.10 it was pitch black with the street lights on. I had no option but to walk home without a jacket.  :lol:

But getting pissed on didn't bother me too much - I was convinced I was going to get struck by lightning! There were bolts flying off left, right and centre!

You know when you hear thunder immediately after the flash, and it actually sounds like the sky is being torn apart, before there's a huge boom? Well, I experienced about 10 of them in two minutes. The nearest struck a house about 100 feet away. I was temporarily blinded and my ears popped.

I was just shitting myself waiting for my hair to stand on end, which is apparently the last thing you feel before you're fried. I now need to change my underwear as well as all my outer clothes.  :lol:

Wierd as well. When I got back home, virtually everything that needs electromagnetic radiation wasn't working - Sky, the radio, my mobile, my wireless LAN, the internet or my land line. Now the lightning's receding everything's come back on line.

25328[/snapback]

Yup thats God telling you not to be so pessimistic. :rolleyes:

25357[/snapback]

Somebody better check Wullie's alright...... :angry:

Yellow skies are freaky as hell. Humid and warm here- how many miles away from the hurricane but you wouldn't believe the winds right now. Got trees down and limbs all over mind I know it could be so much worse.

My front garden was flooded like, the same thing happened when we had the rain storms not too long ago. Was canny close to getting in the house like.

Couldn't believe how consistent the thunder and lightening was, it just wouldn't stop, certainly the most extreme storm we've had for a while

Yellow skies are freaky as hell. Humid and warm here- how many miles away from the hurricane but you wouldn't believe the winds right now. Got trees down and limbs all over mind I know it could be so much worse.

25474[/snapback]

Now are you talking about outside or are we seeing an insight into Magsy at home? :lol:

i hit the tail end of a hurricane in florida and it was about 5 times worse than what we had today. fucking scary, cant see a car 5 feet in front of you and the lightning strikes every few seconds. glad to be back here now!

25474[/snapback]

Now are you talking about outside or are we seeing an insight into Magsy at home? :lol:

25714[/snapback]

Dorty minded git. :lol: I'd say use your imagination but it appears you've already beaten me to it.

It was a mad storm that one. The sky was completely black.

Wasn't effected too much. The sky went off for about half an hour, but that's it.

The thunder and lightning was mental. When it was right overhead it sounded like a bomb had gone off.

The rain here was nowhere near as bad as the storms earlier in the summer. That one turned my back lane into a river, and was seriously threatening to flood the yard and kitchen.

Me and the Mrs have a perfect view of the lighting bolts over the sea from our flat. Mental it was, fantastic fork lighting, including one that hit the field next to me. The thunder was mental though, really loud, we thought someones roof had been hit by lighting.

Nature, don't fuck with it. :lol:

Nature, don't fuck with it.  :lol:

26036[/snapback]

My mates response to the lightening getting close was to lean out his window and shake his fist at the sky shouting "It's that all your fucking got? Haway mother nature and God, you big pussies!"

Followed by a chorus of "Hit me with lightening if you think your hard enough"

Edited by BlueStar

Played football outdoors last night at Cramlington. It started to drizzle just as we started playing, ended up absolutely pissing down and the rain only abated just as we were finishing. Great timing :lol:

It was alrightish when I left work, by the time I got off the metro it was bucketing down and I had a lovely 10 minute walk/run home in one of the worst/best thunderstorms I've ever seen. :lol:

i was trying to drive on the bastard A-19.... never known anything like it! and then when i heard Supermac say the lights we're down at Felling i thought oh fuck so had to get the tyne tunnel route