A Dirty Poll

newcastlebroon

A virus contracted through oral sex is the cause of some throat cancers, say US scientists. HPV infection was found to be a much stronger risk factor than tobacco or alcohol use, the Johns Hopkins University study of 300 people found.

The New England Journal of Medicine study said the risk was almost nine times higher for people who reported oral sex with more than six partners.

But experts said a larger study was needed to confirm the findings.

HPV infection is the cause of the majority of cervical cancers, and 80% of sexually active women can expect to have an HPV infection at some point in their lives.

The John Hopkins study took blood and saliva from 100 men and women newly diagnosed with oropharyngeal cancer which affects the throat, tonsils and back of the tongue.

They also asked questions about sex practices and other risk factors for the disease, such as family history.

Those who had evidence of prior oral HPV infection had a 32-fold increased risk of throat cancer.

HPV16 - one of the most common cancer-causing strains of the virus - was present in the tumours of 72% of cancer patients in the study.

Risk factors

There was no added risk for people infected with HPV who also smoked and drank alcohol, suggesting the virus itself is driving the risk of the cancer.

Oral sex was said to be the main mode of transmission of HPV but the researchers said mouth-to-mouth transmission, for example through kissing, could not be ruled out.

Most HPV infections clear with little or no symptoms but a small percentage of people who acquired high-risk strains may develop a cancer, the researchers added.

Study author Dr Gypsyamber D'Souza said: "It is important for health care providers to know that people without the traditional risk factors of tobacco and alcohol use can nevertheless be at risk of oropharyngeal cancer."

Co-researcher Dr Maura Gillison said previous research by the team had suggested there was a strong link.

But she added: "People should be reassured that oropharyngeal cancer is relatively uncommon and the overwhelming majority of people with an oral HPV infection probably will not get throat cancer."

A vaccine which protects against cervical cancer caused by HPV strains 6, 11, 16 and 18, and also against genital warts is available and the researchers said the study provided a rationale for vaccinating both girls and boys.

But whether the vaccine would protect against oral HPV infection is not yet known.

Dr Julie Sharp, science information officer at Cancer Research UK, said: "There is conflicting evidence about the role of HPV, and this rare type of mouth cancer.

"As this was a small study, further research is needed to confirm these observations."

"We know that after age, the main causes of mouth cancer are smoking or chewing tobacco or betel nut, and drinking too much alcohol."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6639461.stm

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

Not to do with this necessarily but I 'love' the way some new report comes out/discovery is made and it's on the front of The Daily Mail or similar being represented as an incontrovertible truth.

:lol: I find it a great revenge !!!

Often thought wor lass is thinking that. A pec but no fucking tongues or owt, I'm not having that shit in my mouth the dirty bitch ;)

Ditto tbh, don't mind kissing her after she's licked my arsehole out tho mind!

:lol: I find it a great revenge !!!

Often thought wor lass is thinking that. A pec but no fucking tongues or owt, I'm not having that shit in my mouth the dirty bitch :shades:

Ditto tbh, don't mind kissing her after she's licked my arsehole out tho mind!

;)

Not to do with this necessarily but I 'love' the way some new report comes out/discovery is made and it's on the front of The Daily Mail or similar being represented as an incontrovertible truth.

My housemate was reading a copy of the Daily Mail when I got back yesterday. I was not impressed, the stupid bitch.

Revenge for giving a blow job? Are you forced, like?

As for a good snog following a good blow job - no problem. It's not like she will have been saving it in her mouth, is it?

Anyway, there are three types of blow job.

1. as part of lovemaking which doesn't involve shooting one's load in her mouth.

2. When you do fill her gob with seed and she swallows.

3. When you fill her gob and she spits it oot.

Personally, I've never come across girl #3. I've often wondered what she did afterwards. Does she gargle? Does she politely ask (like a crap ventriloquist who has just sipped half a glass of milk) if you have a recepticle for the 'deposit'? Does she gently, and as ladylike as possible, transfer it to a hankie or towel or cloth of some description? Or does she simply launch the 'product' across the room in any direction?

Questions, question. The final resting place of girl #3's mouth contents probably depends on where she's brought up (no pun intended!). Lord knows what the skanks on here get up to!!! :lol:

As for a good snog following a good blow job - no problem. It's not like she will have been saving it in her mouth, is it?

1. as part of lovemaking which doesn't involve shooting one's load in her mouth.

Personally, I've never come across girl #3. I've often wondered what she did afterwards. Does she gargle? Does she politely ask (like a crap ventriloquist who has just sipped half a glass of milk) if you have a recepticle for the 'deposit'? Does she gently, and as ladylike as possible, transfer it to a hankie or towel or cloth of some description? Or does she simply launch the 'product' across the room in any direction?

Questions, question. The final resting place of girl #3's mouth contents probably depends on where she's brought up (no pun intended!). Lord knows what the skanks on here get up to!!! :lol:

Questions, question. The final resting place of girl #3's mouth contents probably depends on where she's brought up (no pun intended!). Lord knows what the skanks on here get up to!!! ;)

as i have told u before Mr Snakey that I a good girl and was brought up to always swallow and never spit :lol:

Questions, question. The final resting place of girl #3's mouth contents probably depends on where she's brought up (no pun intended!). Lord knows what the skanks on here get up to!!! ;)

:lol: you can tell your in dire need of a shag !!!

Questions, question. The final resting place of girl #3's mouth contents probably depends on where she's brought up (no pun intended!). Lord knows what the skanks on here get up to!!! :shades:

:lol: you can tell your in dire need of a shag !!!

:(:( Too right, baby!!! :blush::icon_lol: The monster's (no, honest! ;) ) straining at his chain :icon_lol:

The next lucky lass that gets hold of me will get the wax blown out of her ears!

That's my last word on the subject, I promise :)

I was with a lass who didn't just spit once, she spat about 3 times the proper "puh, puh, puh". Maybe I should have washed first :shades:;)

Oh dear god. :lol:

I was with a lass who didn't just spit once, she spat about 3 times the proper "puh, puh, puh". Maybe I should have washed first :(:shades:

She did apologise but it was too late, my feelings were hurt :(;)

I was with a lass who didn't just spit once, she spat about 3 times the proper "puh, puh, puh". Maybe I should have washed first :(:shades:

She did apologise but it was too late, my feelings were hurt :(;)

you the man gejon

Was taking the piss a bit I though, not being funny but if you went down on a lass and then started coughing and spluttering in disgust she would get the right hump!

Was taking the piss a bit I though, not being funny but if you went down on a lass and then started coughing and spluttering in disgust she would get the right hump!

They should have the fucking decency to wash beforehand.

On the metro to the match my cousin was telling me about a dirty bitch who he ATM'd last Friday.

:lol:

The pensioner sat next to us was pissing himself.

EDIT: With laughter.

Edited by Happy Face

On the metro to the match my cousin was telling me about a dirty bitch who he ATM'd last Friday.

I may be naive, but ATM'd?

I may be naive, but ATM'd?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=A.T.M.

Edit: WTF, the link is going to the wrong page. Add a dot to the end.

Edited by Happy Face

Only encountered 1 spittter, she spat it all into her hands and put it in the nearest plant pot in my mates parents living room. Assured my mate the next day that nothing untoward went on in his front room!

One lass used to swallow some, gargle with the rest then spit the rest back out over me and then scoop it up and rub it all over her tits. Same lass used to wank me off first thing of a morning and then put it all over her hair and head of to the shower!

wait until the moment has passed and then she's perfectly allowed to shake my hand...

by the moment passing, I clearly mean three... maybe four days.

and shake my hand I mean send me a grateful text message.