Eurovision!

Meenzer

It's that time of year again! The Eurovision semi-final is on BBC Three tonight (8pm kick-off), and more importantly, the grand final with senile old Terry is this Saturday at 8 on BBC1. Apparently the public humiliation of Scooch in front of a global TV audience has been deemed even more important than Doctor Who, which is saying something.

Anyway, as is now (more or less) traditional, here's my feeble attempt to increase the UK's viewing figures by drawing your attention to the parade of continental lovelies you might encounter should you choose to tune in. Do indulge me on this...

fyr_karolina.jpg

(yer Macedonian)

hun_magdi.jpg

(yer Hungarian)

bih_maria.jpg

(yer Bosnian)

geo_sopho.jpg

(yer Georgian)

mol_natalia.jpg

(yer Moldovan)

rus_serebro.jpg

(yer Russians)

Actually, there's really not that many this year. And most of them are going to get knocked out in the semi-final tonight anyway. Perhaps best focus on the alternatives instead:

ukr_verkaserduchka.jpg

Like Dame Edna never happened

den_dragqueen.jpg

Representing every provincial gay bar in the world

Marija_Serifovic_6761.jpg

Don't steal her truck

It's going to be great! Honest... :lol:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who's your money on then Meenz ?? I might have a flutter :lol:

I've got about two dozen bets on obscure stuff like "Bulgaria not to qualify from the semi-final", so I'm really not the person to ask for a straightforward answer. ;) I reckon the bookies have generally got it right tipping Ukraine and Serbia for success though. And Latvia are probably worth an each-way if you can still get them for 30s or better. Other than that it's anyone's guess...

I remember in the good old days when I were young , me and my two sisters would sit down with ruled exercise books and write down all the contestants. we would then watch the contest and score them all respectively, then tot up the scores to see who had won and if we got it correct we would be allowed toasted tea cakes for a late supper ......do you think the gays do that ??? :lol:

Russia gets my vote.

We're thinking of incorporating some sort of drinking game into our Eurovision viewing. Any suggestions?

every time a shit song comes on have a drink ?? :D

There's loads of ideas on Google. The voting's easy - everyone gets a country and you have to drink when your country scores points - but for the rest of it, hm... I'd say "drink whenever Wogan mentions Eastern Europeans and neighbourly voting", but that'd probably see you in hospital by about halfway through.

I quite liked this, impractical though its implementation may be:

Somebody in the room utters a jingoistic slur - take 1 sip.

Somebody in the room says that the song playing concurrently is easily the worst yet - take 1 sip.

One country has entered a guy wearing jeans, a pink vest and a fedora - take 1 sip.

The song he's singing sounds suspiciously like "Achey Breaky Heart" by Billy Ray Cyrus - take 10 sips.

So does the next entry - take 20 sips.

And the next - take 30 sips.

Terry Wogan actualy lets all this pass without slagging somebody off - BONUS! Drain the glass.

Somebody enters a song that has lyrics with one syllable only - take 1 sip.

It's not almost unfeasibly awful - Take 50 sips.

One country has a 5-year-old kid in a baseball cap with their singers who contributes nothing to the song but will cry for the cameras when they lose - take 20 sips.

A song has a title that sounds like a bad Mills & Boone novel - take 1 sip.

A song has a title that alludes to mass-murder, devil worship or extreme moral deviancy - take 70 sips.

A country has an entry that's cosmically dreadful, but the people concerned are clearly having a whale of a time - take 1 sip.

A country has an entry that's cosmically dreadful - and, man, DO THOSE SINGERS KNOW IT?!?! - take 30 sips.

Your dad comments that the present singer is the fittest bird of the lot - take 1 sip.

She's actually a man - take 10 sips.

Your dad doesn't care - take 20 sips.

Terry Wogan looks notably uncomfortable being hugged by her when she wins - take 30 sips.

Terry Wogan doesn't care, and takes it in his stride - take 90 sips.

Your country wins - drink the lot, mate!

You honestly care that your country won, and celebrate by putting your national flag pants on your head - on second thoughts, you've probably had enough. Time for bed.

Martin my friend, I have just fallen in love with Ms Macedonia (assuming she isn't a post-op tranny and you're being mean :D ) and I'd like you to tell me how I could go about meeting this lovely lady. And how likely is it that she's going to make it through to the big final thingy? Also, if she does make it, is there a way to know what order they'll be on TV cos there's no fucking way I'm sitting through that 'ein zwei' shite or Scooch. Thank you. <3

Martin my friend, I have just fallen in love with Ms Macedonia (assuming she isn't a post-op tranny and you're being mean :D ) and I'd like you to tell me how I could go about meeting this lovely lady. And how likely is it that she's going to make it through to the big final thingy? Also, if she does make it, is there a way to know what order they'll be on TV cos there's no fucking way I'm sitting through that 'ein zwei' shite or Scooch. Thank you. <3

- video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfob_vghNoU - live