Sam Allardyce is our new manager

Toonpack

He gives the impression of a bloke who won't take any shit from the players too which is something our last two managers were fucking awfull at.

Souness tried to get by on bullying whereas Roeder just looked like you could walk all over him and he would just take it.

Allardyce appears to be tough without losing the players respect.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading that and listening to the press conference does have me excited like, he comes across as less of a gobshite and more as someone who actually knows whats required to take us forward, I like the way he even mentions that *it doesnt matter if people dont like each other, all that matters is they work together for the betterment of the club*

that to me shows a level of professionalisum that our club has been without for a very long time

He gives the impression of a bloke who won't take any shit from the players too which is something our last two managers were fucking awfull at.

Souness tried to get by on bullying whereas Roeder just looked like you could walk all over him and he would just take it.

It's pretty easy to be tough with players you bought yourself and who most arguably had no other takers.

How is he going to fair with squad who think they are the god's gift to football and believe they can do better than playing for Newcastle?

SSN just had a one on one interview with him, he said he wants to make moves for players sooner rather than later, and wants as many of those players for next season together for the start of training on July 2nd.

FFS having a heartattack as we speak.

"Players BEFORE the last second? argh *clutches arm*"

tbh that's where a good backroom staff must help, a Ferguson style hairdrier rollicking is best served in many ways as a last resort, really there should be layers of management and discipline that stops that stuff long before it every gets to that.

tbh that's where a good backroom staff must help, a Ferguson style hairdrier rollicking is best served in many ways as a last resort, really there should be layers of management and discipline that stops that stuff long before it every gets to that.

Which is something that Allardyce appears to sucesfully employ.

Wrighty's arguing that Newcastle is a big club whereas Adrian isn't, essentially. Oliver was on saying Allardyce got a big reception and that he was very impressed with him. Oh, and then he mentioned we won the FA cup 4 times in 6 years in the 50's. Which didn't really help our cause.

Wrighty's arguing that Newcastle is a big club whereas Adrian isn't, essentially. Oliver was on saying Allardyce got a big reception and that he was very impressed with him. Oh, and then he mentioned we won the FA cup 4 times in 6 years in the 50's. Which didn't really help our cause.

So hes kissing ass already? my god man hes such a fucking cretin that bloke

I had to laugh along with Bullshit Durham when he came out with that one ;)

Anal said he met Sam and he seems a nice chap...plus he's been covering Newcastle since the 80's and has seen 16 managers including caretakers

I don't know if I feel optimistic, but it sounds and feels right having Big Sam as our manager.

Roeder was a case of lets see how it goes after doing a good job after taking over from that t--t Souness, but ultimately he didn't have any charisma what so ever to cover up his managerial shortfalls and was found to be out of his depth.

I think we all agree that NUFC needs a complete overhaul and I hope that Big Sam has the qualities and the balls to do it, get rid of the dead wood, change the behind the scenes staff and running of the club be that fitness, diet, training hopefully he can get them all pulling in the same direction which obviously hasn't been the case for a few years now.

Good Luck to you Sam

A good post by someone on the SMB entitled 'Why i'm gutted Big Sam has taken the Newcastle job'

NUFC has been in a mess for years now, and I think Sam Allardyce is the right kind of man to take that job and put some things right. He doesn't care about the pressure or player ego's. He made that well known during his campaign to be England Manager.

He has transfored Bolton from nothing into a team who in the last 4 years have finished 8th, 6th, 8th, 7th. Qualifying twice for Europe in the last 3 years. This, with not much to spend.

Like roy Keane, BSA is also forward thinking, and will introduce Pro-Zone immediately along with many other practices implemented at Bolton over the years. The infrastructure at NUFC will see some radical changes in the coming months.

One of the biggest problems over at the landfill the past years has been injuries, In BSA they have found a great solution. His fitness methods are second to none, and he doesn’t accept players not looking after themselves, I remember he once fined Stelios for getting cramp..... during a international for Greece. Allardyce stated no professional in todays game should suffer from cramp and if they do it must be down to something they have done.

Bolton have a reputation for playing dogged long ball football, but this is exaggerated. He has made the most of the resources he has available, and has played some nice football this past year with Anelka and Diouf upfront, and Nolan powering in from midfield. It may well take him a few years, I expect Newcastle to play scrappy football this first season, but once he sorts out the demons, gets a few of his own players in, and if he is given financial backing, I think he will do well.

I was guttted to hear he had gotten the job, I was hoping for another foreign manager who would inevitable flop at a club like Newcastle, unfortunately I think Allardyce will do a good job.

That said I firmly believe Keane can do an equally good job here, and it would be good to see Sunderland and Newcastle have rivalry for a place in Europe and not just for being 13miles apart.

A good post by someone on the SMB entitled 'Why i'm gutted Big Sam has taken the Newcastle job'

NUFC has been in a mess for years now, and I think Sam Allardyce is the right kind of man to take that job and put some things right. He doesn't care about the pressure or player ego's. He made that well known during his campaign to be England Manager.

He has transfored Bolton from nothing into a team who in the last 4 years have finished 8th, 6th, 8th, 7th. Qualifying twice for Europe in the last 3 years. This, with not much to spend.

Like roy Keane, BSA is also forward thinking, and will introduce Pro-Zone immediately along with many other practices implemented at Bolton over the years. The infrastructure at NUFC will see some radical changes in the coming months.

One of the biggest problems over at the landfill the past years has been injuries, In BSA they have found a great solution. His fitness methods are second to none, and he doesn’t accept players not looking after themselves, I remember he once fined Stelios for getting cramp..... during a international for Greece. Allardyce stated no professional in todays game should suffer from cramp and if they do it must be down to something they have done.

Bolton have a reputation for playing dogged long ball football, but this is exaggerated. He has made the most of the resources he has available, and has played some nice football this past year with Anelka and Diouf upfront, and Nolan powering in from midfield. It may well take him a few years, I expect Newcastle to play scrappy football this first season, but once he sorts out the demons, gets a few of his own players in, and if he is given financial backing, I think he will do well.

I was guttted to hear he had gotten the job, I was hoping for another foreign manager who would inevitable flop at a club like Newcastle, unfortunately I think Allardyce will do a good job.

That said I firmly believe Keane can do an equally good job here, and it would be good to see Sunderland and Newcastle have rivalry for a place in Europe and not just for being 13miles apart.

That's an excellent post and fair play to the lad for saying it. For the situation we find ourselves in, with the quite obvious problems we have he is one of the best people to sort them out.

The mackems reaction to us can often be quite useful. They pissed themselves laughing and celebrated when we got Souness and they were right. As far as i recall they were pretty amused we went for Roeder and didn't think he'd do well. With Big Sam they'll either be like this bloke, or their posts will be sad, bitter and full of hope that he'll do this wrong, and that wrong but ultimately scared he'll do very well.

I love the bit about fining Stelios for gettign cramp in a game for Greece ;)

That's an excellent post and fair play to the lad for saying it. For the situation we find ourselves in, with the quite obvious problems we have he is one of the best people to sort them out.

The mackems reaction to us can often be quite useful. They pissed themselves laughing and celebrated when we got Souness and they were right. As far as i recall they were pretty amused we went for Roeder and didn't think he'd do well. With Big Sam they'll either be like this bloke, or their posts will be sad, bitter and full of hope that he'll do this wrong, and that wrong but ultimately scared he'll do very well.

That's what the rest of them are doing. Claiming that he'll get the boot if we finish 5th and that he's not good enough, etc.

I really don't agree with that, the man's a timebomomb. Still can't believe he's working for Niall Quinn. ;)

That's true, much in the way I wa pissing myself when they employed Wilkinson but slightly nervous when they got Keane

The problem with us getting Prozone with Roeder at the club was that it was like giving the keys to a Ferrari to a new-born baby. I can just picture Lee Clark sat, face agog, in front of a computer screen filled with statistics, him and Terry Mac turning to look at one another, both with the same dazed expression on their faces.

Now we've got someone in who actually knows how to use it. Haven't seen any of the conference, but it sounds like he's coming out with all the right stuff.

Looking at your reflection in the monitor tbh.

The problem with us getting Prozone with Roeder at the club was that it was like giving the keys to a Ferrari to a new-born baby. I can just picture Lee Clark sat, face agog, in front of a computer screen filled with statistics, him and Terry Mac turning to look at one another, both with the same dazed expression on their faces.

Now we've got someone in who actually knows how to use it. Haven't seen any of the conference, but it sounds like he's coming out with all the right stuff.

Looking at your reflection in the monitor tbh.

"ere, Terry. Is there someone in there, like?"