Sam Allardyce is our new manager

Toonpack

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looking at why all the injuries have occurred over the last few years, implementing lots of sport science about the right nutrition and so on

Lee Clark is probably sat in the corner confused as fuck

Uh oh, Sam is claiming now that Bolton did play stylish football. ;)

Not really, he said he signed stylish players but people picked up on his tactic's an an excuse as to why he beat the big teams.

A very impressive interview in my opinion, said all the kinds of things I had hoped for, I can't wait for him to get started !

well so far Sam is saying all the right things

Souness and Roeder both said a lot right things (at the start) - so like every other manager Allardyce needs to be judged by actions, not by intentions.

Souness and Roeder both said a lot right things (at the start) - so like every other manager Allardyce needs to be judged by actions, not by intentions.

Agreed, but the plans he mentioned at the press conference fills me with far more confidence than Souness or Roeder ever could.

Best manager since robson.

Gonna get a cup of tea and me toon top on for the press conference :(

Cup of tea? That's not the T-Keith I know. What happened to all the bottles of lager? ;)

All gone im afriad :razz:

Agreed, but the plans he mentioned at the press conference fills me with far more confidence than Souness or Roeder ever could.

Yes, I am more optimistic in Sam actually doing those things. Still a lot will depend on the backing of the board. Robson wanted Prozone in the past, but it didn't get sanctioned. So I'll wait and see.

It does sound more specific, than just simply saying things that sound good, and unlike the other two his track record tells you he does the things he's saying he will do here.

I do hope though that sooner rather than later we see the first backroom people being brought in, hopefully cherry picking the best ones from Bolton, but wherever he gets them from we need them asap. And even better if we can also get some players moving in quickly as well.

The amount of people who were doubting renewing their season tickets that are now pretty much certain to renew would be interesting to see.

Good move by Freddy obviously.

The amount of people who were doubting renewing their season tickets that are now pretty much certain to renew would be interesting to see.

Good move by Freddy obviously.

I think with the mood seeming to be more positive that some good signings and say keeping Owen will see nearly everyone coming back.

Come the start of the season we usually all end up back whatever people have said, but had we kept Roeder and his team, and not made a complete change, i think we would have seen some gaps at St. James.