Wenger's Gunner sell unsettled trio

khay

Arsenal are ready to sell Freddie Ljungberg, Phillipe Senderos and Jeremie Aliadiere in order to generate summer transfer funds.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger admits his 'biggest transfers' of the summer will be having Thierry Henry, Robin Van Persie and Theo Walcott back in his squad and fully fit for next season.

But he admits he is also on the lookout for new blood, and is prepared to trim his squad to make way for some new signings.

Midfielder Ljungberg, centre-back Senderos and striker Aliadiere have been reduced to fringe roles this season so Wenger is ready to listen to offers for the trio.

He is also keen to get Jose Reyes, Kerrea Gilbert, Alex Song and Matthieu Flamini off the club's wage bill - but is yet to decide what to do about the future of on-loan Real Madrid forward Julio Baptista.

Wenger is determined to get back in the Premiership title race and has earmarked Manchester City defender Micah Richards and Marseille playmaker Franck Ribery as the men he wants to lure to the Emirates Stadium during the summer transfer window.

Anyone think that Senderos would be worth a shot, or a bit on the slow side?

I'd put Senderos in a similar bracket to Huth/Bramble. Big strong lad, with lots of natural ability but too many mistakes.

Aliaidiere probably is a bit too slight at this level. Looked quality roasting Liverpools reserves in the cup though!

Not sure about Ljungberg. I thought he was brilliant for the last 5 or so years. No idea if he still has the interest/desire to play anymore.

Ljungberg would be worth a shot.

Would be another Duff IMO.

I think Duff's got significantly more potential left then Ljungberg, if he can be got and kept fit and playing anyway.

Guest alex

I think Duff's got significantly more potential left then Ljungberg, if he can be got and kept fit and playing anyway.

I agree. This is becoming a worrying trend :D

I agree. This is becoming a worrying trend ;)

They never suspected I was you all along, and I would have got away with it if it weren't for those pesky kids! :D

If that's the same Song as was at loan at Charlton then i would be happy with that signing. VERY good passer of the ball.

No time for the rest of them.

what he said

senderos would be good enough for our first team but is not a top defender.

ljungberg would be a mistake as he hasn't played a decent game since the european cup final last year and is too injury prone.

aliadier has great pace but is far from being the finished article.